• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Search Tag Cloud

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm using this contribution on my website www.alcova.biz/index.php

I don't know if the problem that Ident pointed out is real (counting the number of items found and not just a single search... )

the problem on my site is that apparently after just few days all the words have the same weight (more or less) and thus there's no real highlights on the most searched ones.

is there a way to fix that? and have them regularly reset or just dropping the ones that haven't been searched in a while?

thank you

• 1 year later...

Problem with non-ASCII characters in search keywords (Search Tag Cloud contri).

Hi Guys

i am using Search Tag Cloud contribution, v. 2.5.3 ( http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5498 )

Keywords are properly read from database. Inside the cloud link titles and link descriptions are perfectly fine too.

But inside generated links something's wrong. The problem occurs with non-ASCII characters.

Here an example of generated HTML:

<a href="http://www.somedomain.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Mütze & search_in_description=1" title="Mütze"><span style="font-size:8px">Mütze</span></a> 

As you can see, word "Mütze" was properly inserted into title and into description. But somehow unnecessary converted at

advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Mütze

I have spent already some hours searching for the problem, without success. Please help.

All php files are coded in UTF8 without BOM. Apache, MySQL and PHP all work with UTF8 as well.

I am using ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media additionally.