• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Meta tags

toyicebear

hello, thank you for your useful contribution. i am not a programmer so can you tell me where to put my keywords? i dont know which file to edit to put my keywords. please enlighten me about easy meta 1.2.2

For easy meta tags 1.2.2 there is no place to input your keywords , all is done automatically by the system.

For easy meta tags version 1.3 and up you can add your sites front page metas in the language files, as specified in the readme/install files included with the contribution.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, im not sure what i did but when i click to view a product and the product page loads, the title on the top reads the title of the store (that is edited in the admin panel)

its supposed to read the title of the product ..

site: pureg.net/shop/

i recently installed some other contribs (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3306 dynamic sitemap), but i just noticed this problem (no wonder my sites listing has gone down)

i wanted to also upgrade to the latest version, my question is, should i upgrade like this or first try to fix this problem? im not sure how to fix this problem though

thanks

Edited by pure11

Hi, im not sure what i did but when i click to view a product and the product page loads, the title on the top reads the title of the store (that is edited in the admin panel)

its supposed to read the title of the product ..

site: pureg.net/shop/

i recently installed some other contribs (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3306 dynamic sitemap), but i just noticed this problem (no wonder my sites listing has gone down)

i wanted to also upgrade to the latest version, my question is, should i upgrade like this or first try to fix this problem? im not sure how to fix this problem though

thanks

^^^ nevermind that, i figured it out, i was missing the <?php include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'easy_meta_tags.php'); ?> to replace in the products file, somehow it was edited by me and i didnt even know.

thanks!!!!! your contrib rocks

I'm still hung up on the category and manufacturers pages having the duplicate meta tags. I would like the tag to include the page number. I am just stuck on how to implement this.

I found in this post that adding the following will add the page number. Now how to get this into easy meta tags is where I'm stuck.

<title><?php echo TITLE . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'])? ' - page ' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['page'] : '' );?></title>

To start, the manufacturers pages. Here's the code:

if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) && (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']))) {
		$manufacturers_name_query = tep_db_query("select m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
		$manufacturers_name = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_name_query);
		$meta_title_tag = $manufacturers_name['manufacturers_name'] . ' | ' . DEFAULT_META_TITLE;
		$meta_description_tag = $manufacturers_name['manufacturers_name'] . ' | ' . DEFAULT_META_DESCRIPTION;
		$meta_keywords_tag = $manufacturers_name['manufacturers_name'] . ',' . DEFAULT_META_KEYWORDS;
	}

I thought adding this would work, of course it does not.

if ((isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) && (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']))) {
		$manufacturers_name_query = tep_db_query("select m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
		$manufacturers_name = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_name_query);
		$meta_title_tag = $manufacturers_name['manufacturers_name'] . ' | ' . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'])? ' - page ' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['page'] : '' ) . DEFAULT_META_TITLE;
		$meta_description_tag = $manufacturers_name['manufacturers_name'] . ' | '  . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['page'])? ' - page ' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['page'] : '' ) . DEFAULT_META_DESCRIPTION;
		$meta_keywords_tag = $manufacturers_name['manufacturers_name'] . ',' . DEFAULT_META_KEYWORDS;
	}

This will just show: Manufacturers Name | -page | Default Meta Title rather than actually including the page number.

Could anyone enlighten me as to what will work here to add the page number to the meta tag?

It seems that I always figure out the answer after I post a question!

I added $_GET['page'] to the query and it works!

Here's a snippet:

$meta_title_tag = $manufacturers_name['manufacturers_name'] . ' | ' . 'Page ' . $_GET['page'] . ' | ' . DEFAULT_META_TITLE;

This should definitely help with the duplicate meta titles issue!

Now, it shows just "Page" for page 1, so I'm working to figure out how to get it to only show the page if there is a page number.

Edited by theantiquestore

I will add in page counts in the next version of Easy Meta Tags.

Any other requests or wanted features?

• 1 month later...

Everything works great except that the store name isn't showing before product titles in search results; Is it because of this?:

2. In index.php, product_info.php and product_reviews_info.php replace this code:

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

with

<?php include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'easy_meta_tags.php'); ?>

source: readme_install-1-5.txt

Everything works great except that the store name isn't showing before product titles in search results; Is it because of this?:

2. In index.php, product_info.php and product_reviews_info.php replace this code:

with

source: readme_install-1-5.txt

The store name is not supposed to show before the product titles.

• 2 months later...

Hi Nick,

Thank you for a great contribute. I installed, and everything works as intended, except for the product pages. All three tags are blank. This is what I see for all product pages:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title></title>
<meta name="description" content="" />
<meta name="keywords" content="" />

And this is what I see for my home page:

<title>Everything Abigail Wholesale Boutique: Here to save you more!</title>
<meta name="description" content="EA Wholesale Boutique specializes in hats, beanie hats, headbands, bows, tutus, and other hair accessories at wholesale prices." />
<meta name="keywords" content="Tutus, Dress up, Lil' Chef Aprons, Hats, Monogram, Embroidery, Gift Certificates, Beanie Hats, Hair Bows, Baby Blankets, Handbags, Headbands, Hair Clippies, Hair Bow Holders, Shoes, Oopsies, Toothfairy Pillow, Custom Clothing, Quilted Backpacks, Burp Cloths, Bibs, Pillowcase Dresses, hair clips, hair bow holders, princess dress holder, kids aprons, kids chef hats, jewelry, kufi, kuffi, kufi hat" />

Like I said before, categories, as well as subcategies works flawlessly. Can you help me?

I have STS 4.5.8, and Ultra Pics 2.07.01

Thanks!

Kachana

Hi Nick,

Thank you for a great contribute. I installed, and everything works as intended, except for the product pages. All three tags are blank. This is what I see for all product pages:

<title></title>
<meta name="description" content="" />
<meta name="keywords" content="" />

And this is what I see for my home page:

<title>Everything Abigail Wholesale Boutique: Here to save you more!</title>
<meta name="description" content="EA Wholesale Boutique specializes in hats, beanie hats, headbands, bows, tutus, and other hair accessories at wholesale prices." />
<meta name="keywords" content="Tutus, Dress up, Lil' Chef Aprons, Hats, Monogram, Embroidery, Gift Certificates, Beanie Hats, Hair Bows, Baby Blankets, Handbags, Headbands, Hair Clippies, Hair Bow Holders, Shoes, Oopsies, Toothfairy Pillow, Custom Clothing, Quilted Backpacks, Burp Cloths, Bibs, Pillowcase Dresses, hair clips, hair bow holders, princess dress holder, kids aprons, kids chef hats, jewelry, kufi, kuffi, kufi hat" />

Like I said before, categories, as well as subcategies works flawlessly. Can you help me?

I have STS 4.5.8, and Ultra Pics 2.07.01

Thanks!

Kachana

Read and follow the included instructions for use with STS

Hi,

if have installed Easy Meta Tags 1.5 and STS 4.5.8

Easy Meta Tags runs on every page but not with the home (index.php)

It looks like:

<title>your meta title</title>

<meta name="description" content="your meta descriptin" />

<meta name="keywords" content="your meta keywords" />

What can i do?

Edited by saerdna

• 1 month later...
I've figured out how to get the category name to show after the product name. I've modified this file so much though I dont know what to share. Here's something to play with for those of you interested.

I can tell you that I added this:

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " pc where cd.categories_id = pc.categories_id and pc.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

after this:

$product_meta_query = tep_db_query("select products_name, products_description from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

and then this is what I changed to add the category after the products name:

$product_meta['products_name'] . ' | ' . $category['categories_name']

That returns a tag like this: PRODUCTS NAME | PRODUCTS CATEGORY

I'm still working on the double quote thing... If I figure it out I'll let you know.

Hi

I'm a noob, please can say me how can do the same for manufacturers.

Now my shop only show in tittle the name of product, but I like show the manufacturers name too.

Advanced Thanks.

Regards

UPDATED:

Easy Meta Tags 1.6 - Now with page numbers for split category pages to prevent search engine duplicate content penalties.

Hi there,

I'm getting the HEADING_TITLE in my browser on the Advanced Search page and the Search Results page. I followed the instructions on how to replace:

with

But as I'm using STS this doesn't work. Any ideas?

Much Appreciated.

i'm using STS and made a basic template, however with the template it doesn't pick up any meta tag info at all. i've followed the instructions for very easy 1-2-3 and made sure i have the following done:

1) upload easy_meta_tags.php into the /includes/ folder

2) in the index and product_info pages changed to <?php include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'easy_meta_tags.php'); ?>

3) made the changes to includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php

$sts->start_capture();

include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'easy_meta_tags.php');

$sts->stop_capture ('metatags');

4) made the changes in includes/classes/sts.php

locate this code:

$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].$this->template['headertags']. "\n";

and replace it by this code:

$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].$this->template['metatags']. "\n";

The only way I can get a meta tag to show up is if I put it in my template file. Is there something I need to put in my template file access the meta tag files?

Thanks,

Dale

i'm using STS and made a basic template, however with the template it doesn't pick up any meta tag info at all. i've followed the instructions for very easy 1-2-3 and made sure i have the following done:

1) upload easy_meta_tags.php into the /includes/ folder

2) in the index and product_info pages changed to <?php include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'easy_meta_tags.php'); ?>

3) made the changes to includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php

$sts->start_capture();

include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'easy_meta_tags.php');

$sts->stop_capture ('metatags');

4) made the changes in includes/classes/sts.php

locate this code:

$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].$this->template['headertags']. "\n";

and replace it by this code:

$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].$this->template['metatags']. "\n";

The only way I can get a meta tag to show up is if I put it in my template file. Is there something I need to put in my template file access the meta tag files?

Thanks,

Dale

the only way i can get meta tags to appear (other then putting in manually in the template file) is to put <!--$headcontent--> into the template file.

anyone with any suggestions?

much appreciated,

dale

the only way i can get meta tags to appear (other then putting in manually in the template file) is to put <!--$headcontent--> into the template file.

anyone with any suggestions?

much appreciated,

dale

If your template files do not have the STS headcontent tag, then yes you should add it.

Hi there,

I'm getting the HEADING_TITLE in my browser on the Advanced Search page and the Search Results page. I followed the instructions on how to replace:

with

But as I'm using STS this doesn't work. Any ideas?

Much Appreciated.

Read the part of the instruction which details install in a shop which uses STS

Read the part of the instruction which details install in a shop which uses STS

Well, I have indeed done that. The Meta Tags work on every other page which is fantastic (such a great contrib), but not on the advanced search & results page.. I don't know whats going wrong. Is there an extra piece of code I need to put in for STS users.

Well, I have indeed done that. The Meta Tags work on every other page which is fantastic (such a great contrib), but not on the advanced search & results page.. I don't know whats going wrong. Is there an extra piece of code I need to put in for STS users.

You need to add the text define for

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Advanced Search');

in the language file

includes/languages/english/advanced_search.php

If your template files do not have the STS headcontent tag, then yes you should add it.

Nick, is the STS headcontent tag the same <!--$headcontent-->? or is it something different?

Thanks,

Dale

Nick, is the STS headcontent tag the same <!--$headcontent-->? or is it something different?

Thanks,

Dale

How the tags are marked in the different templates/STS versions might differ some.

In regards to Easy Meta Tags in an STS shop it then uses the $headcontent tag to provide the meta info.

For any more info on STS please head over to the STS support tread.