• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Meta tags

toyicebear

toyeicebear

I have checked the source code and it has made no difference when I entered it in the index page.

Is the code for the individual pages supposed to go in the languages index page or the root index page?

NIgel

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

toyeicebear

I have checked the source code and it has made no difference when I entered it in the index page.

Is the code for the individual pages supposed to go in the languages index page or the root index page?

NIgel

root index.php

Yahhooooo

I think I have it!!!!!!!

Installed the right file this time! slight mix up?

Installed in the root index file and product info file and it seems to be working..now to change the product names?

Can someone check for me?

Thanx for all the support

Nigel

Yahhooooo

I think I have it!!!!!!!

Installed the right file this time! slight mix up?

Installed in the root index file and product info file and it seems to be working..now to change the product names?

Can someone check for me?

Thanx for all the support

Nigel

Follow the instructions in the read-me and add the changes to the mentioned root files.

After that is done all the meta info is generated automatically.

You do not have to do anything, the title for your products will then be your products name.

For versions under 1.3 there is no language file modifications at all.

For versions from 1.3 and up the only language file involved is the main language files for your shop. Depending on languages used it would then be: english.php, german.php and so on

The text and defines you add there will only show on the front page of your shop.....

Products, Categories and Manufacturer meta info is created automatically.

(For v1.5 Product Reviews meta info is also created automatically)

To repeat , read the included readme.txt and install.txt documents , the install and use of this add-on is very easy.

excellent, had read those files but was sruggling, as anewbi, to make full sense of them with my limited knowledge of php.

but as log as things are good at the moment...

again thanx very much for all your help

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...
Google is reporting Duplicate Title Tags for my category pages. Is it somehow possible to add the page number to the tag?

I think it may be pretty important to have that page number there.

Thanks!

Its possible by editing the meta tags file, but in regards to duplicate listings you should read this...

I assumed it was possible, any suggestions on how this would be accomplished? I dont know where to pull the page number information from.

I have followed that thread. I dont have a problem with the other pages, just my category pages. I dont want to put a no follow tag on my category pages, since I DO want google to follow those to my products. I also want the categories to be indexed.

I just hoped I could add a "page 2", "page 3" and so on to the meta tag.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this thread is still open, but I just installed this contribution. The problem that I am having is my site doesn't work if I change the code in index.php. an error shows up.

I really just want to add a few tags to this page like my companys name and some services that we offer.

thanks

Not sure if this thread is still open, but I just installed this contribution. The problem that I am having is my site doesn't work if I change the code in index.php. an error shows up.

I really just want to add a few tags to this page like my companys name and some services that we offer.

thanks

There should be no errors aslong as you follow the instructions included.

One tip though do not use ' in the tags ... it will create errors .... ie... don't use it like in dont't :rolleyes:

I installed it just like the instructions said. when I replaced <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title> in my index.php I recieve this message when I go to my website.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/kidsplayinc/index.php on line 1

I installed it just like the instructions said. when I replaced <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title> in my index.php I recieve this message when I go to my website.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/kidsplayinc/index.php on line 1

Do you use a template system?

Did you add it to the index.php in the root folder? (Not the one in the language folder)

Hey everyone,

I want to add the easy meta tags to my oscommerce but I want it like this - Mystorename // <the page title generated by easy meta tags>

& I want the same for meta keywords aswell so for eg. My key words <keywords generated by easy meta tags>.

I'm sure that there is an easy soulution but I unfortunatley don't have enough knowledge on oscommerce to do it myself and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone,

I want to add the easy meta tags to my oscommerce but I want it like this - Mystorename // <the page title generated by easy meta tags>

& I want the same for meta keywords aswell so for eg. My key words <keywords generated by easy meta tags>.

I'm sure that there is an easy soulution but I unfortunatley don't have enough knowledge on oscommerce to do it myself and any help would be greatly appreciated.

A wide range of different metas can be achived by editing this file: includes/easy_meta_tags.php

Please?

This is outside this contributions intended functionality.

This is an easy to use , simple drop in meta tags solution with very easy install.

I will not add in complications by adding special/custom mods in the support tread or the contribution itself.

This is what you should do if you want custom functionality from this mod:

Find out how to do it yourself, start a new forum tread asking for help in doing extra modifications or hire someone to do it for you.

Yes I have a template.

And yes I modified the index.php file in the root folder.

What program do you use to edit the file?

Do not use the fileeditor in the shops admin.

Download the file via ftp and edit it in a text editor like notepad or similar.

Then upload it again.

Edited by toyicebear

What program do you use to edit the file?

Do not use the fileeditor in the shops admin.

Download the file via ftp and edit it in a text editor like notepad or similar.

Then upload it again.

I have been doing that. I used FTP to down load the file. and used notepad to edit the file. then I upload it back to the root folder and that is when I get the error message. All other file shat I have edited have worked great. This is the only file that does this.

Something else is interfering, i can't dermine exactly what without more complete info about your exact oscommerce version and set-up...

But as you can see from the error message, the error you get does not directly come from the new line added....

(The new line added is not on line 1 but much farther down in the index.php file)

HaHaHa I DiD IT YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

It was quite simple actually I'd post it here but because of a lack of support from some people :looking at toyicebear: I've decided not too but if anyone wants to know how feel free to PM me. :D

.............. Nah I'm just kidding heres how -

Just make the below changes to the code

$meta_title_tag = $category_name['categories_name']. ' insert ' . STORE_NAME;
$meta_description_tag = $category_name['categories_name'] . ' insert ' . STORE_NAME;
$meta_keywords_tag = $category_name['categories_name'] . ' keyword ' . DEFAULT_META_KEYWORDS;

If anyone has any questions just PM :lol:

HaHaHa I DiD IT YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

If you GIVE people fish, you feed them for that moment.

But, if you TEACH someone to fish, you feed them for a lifetime! ;)

Edited by toyicebear

If you GIVE people fish, you feed them for that moment.

But, if you TEACH someone to fish, you feed them for a lifetime! ;)

I thought that they would wipe out the species.