• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Meta tags

toyicebear

Find it cool, but not easy if you want to give every Produkt another Meta description.

It would be nice doing that not by changing the sql-tables.

There could be 3 new textfields for the Meta desc. appearing for each product to fill the tables via browser in admin section. Easy together with the other work of describing the product.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find it cool, but not easy if you want to give every Produkt another Meta description.

It would be nice doing that not by changing the sql-tables.

There could be 3 new textfields for the Meta desc. appearing for each product to fill the tables via browser in admin section. Easy together with the other work of describing the product.

Easy Meta Tags is just an easy to install and use automatic meta tags system.

If you wish to input meta tags manualy i would suggest you have a look at Header Tags Controller instead.

Edited by toyicebear

Hi,

my 1.4 version works very well, but not in the product_reviews !

In the Headingbar of the browser i see only HEADING_TITLE

And yes.. i also changed the title code in the product_reviews.php

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

mike

Edited by zuecos

Hi,

my 1.4 version works very well, but not in the product_reviews !

In the Headingbar of the browser i see only HEADING_TITLE

And yes.. i also changed the title code in the product_reviews.php

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

mike

Then you will have to add a define for HEADING_TITLE in the language file, ie for english that would be:

includes/languages/english/product_reviews.php

Then you will have to add a define for HEADING_TITLE in the language file, ie for english that would be:

includes/languages/english/product_reviews.php

Hi...

thanks, but I have do that before and its only the same title for all files!

I need a dynamic metatitle like this :

"title of the product", your review for this product

What can i do ?

Search in google... HEADING_TITLE product_reviews.php

You will find a lot of results like my!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Mike

Edited by zuecos

Hi...

thanks, but I have do that before and its only the same title for all files!

I need a dynamic metatitle like this :

"title of the product", your review for this product

What can i do ?

Search in google... HEADING_TITLE product_reviews.php

You will find a lot of results like my!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Mike

Its possible by modifying includes/easy_meta_tags.php

Its possible by modifying includes/easy_meta_tags.php

Hi Nick,

i know that is possible, but i am a php newbie :blush:

maybe, some coder have an idea to change the file. that would be great and this famous contribution would be more powerful ;)

thanks a lot

mike

Hi Nick,

i know that is possible, but i am a php newbie :blush:

maybe, some coder have an idea to change the file. that would be great and this famous contribution would be more powerful ;)

thanks a lot

mike

Hi, when i get the time i can release a new version which also contain the reviews pages.

Hi, when i get the time i can release a new version which also contain the reviews pages.

Hi Nick,

OK. I am waiting. :thumbsup:

Mike

Edited by zuecos

hi I installed everything fine and the links have changed perfectly. My only problem is that it changed my categories to bath, outdoor living, excercise & gym etc. My original categories don´t show anymore. I´m a noob at these kinds of things, but i managed to at least install it correctly. Also, where can i add my keywords so that search engines can find them and with what code? thanks a lot for this contribution

hi I installed everything fine and the links have changed perfectly. My only problem is that it changed my categories to bath, outdoor living, excercise & gym etc. My original categories don´t show anymore. I´m a noob at these kinds of things, but i managed to at least install it correctly. Also, where can i add my keywords so that search engines can find them and with what code? thanks a lot for this contribution

This is an automatic meta tags add-on, it creates all meta info inc. keywords automatically for categories and products.

Read the included readme file for instructions for adding meta info to the frontpage.

It sometimes loads my normal categories but then when i click something else it loads up recreation and those categories. Do i have to apply easy meta tags in some where else? Why does it only happen sometimes?

Its an automatic system.

If you go to a category, the title will show the category name, and the metas will also be based on the category name.

If you go to a manufacturer, the title will show the manufacturers name, and the metas will also be based on the manufacturers name.

If you go to a product, the title will show the product name, and the metas will be based on the product name and the products description.

The only manual editing is for the front page, and you set this in the main language file..ie. for english that would be in...

includes/languages/english.php

Edited by toyicebear

The spanish language in my site doesnt have this problem. It´s only the english, but what am I suppose to edit in the file you told me? Sorry for so many questions its just that im not sure what im doing.

Read the included instruction file in the package.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am having trouble simply installing. I have the zip folder saved on my desktop and when I go to upload file, it looks like I am going to upload the whole zipped folder instead of the 1 file in that folder. And I cant seem to just save that 1 file.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Hi

I am having trouble simply installing. I have the zip folder saved on my desktop and when I go to upload file, it looks like I am going to upload the whole zipped folder instead of the 1 file in that folder. And I cant seem to just save that 1 file.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

First you need to unzip the download package on your local computer.

Then you will have the folders which include the install instructions and the needed files to upload.

I cannot find this code (see below) in index php or product_info.php

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

I checked the 2 files twice and the code is definitely not there. According to the instructions I have to replace this code with a different code: <?php include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'easy_meta_tags.php'); ?>

Can anyone advise please?

PS. I unzipped the files and uploaded successfully, thanks.

I cannot find this code (see below) in index php or product_info.php

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

I checked the 2 files twice and the code is definitely not there. According to the instructions I have to replace this code with a different code: <?php include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'easy_meta_tags.php'); ?>

Can anyone advise please?

PS. I unzipped the files and uploaded successfully, thanks.

Make sure that you are looking at the main index.php and product_info.php , they are located in your shops main folder.

And not the ones located in the language files folder..

Hi

I installed cDynamic Meta Tags v1.0 and I got to change my product page titles via my admin panel but the only thing I'm not sure about is how to make my meta tags different than my titles. How do I do this?

It was suggested to me that this would help on page optimization.

Thanks

Hi

I installed cDynamic Meta Tags v1.0 and I got to change my product page titles via my admin panel but the only thing I'm not sure about is how to make my meta tags different than my titles. How do I do this?

It was suggested to me that this would help on page optimization.

Thanks

This is the thread for Easy not cDynamic Meta Tags

New version released, Easy Meta Tags 1.5 .

Now as per request earlier in this support tread, dynamically created meta tags have been added for the product reviews info page.

New version released, Easy Meta Tags 1.5 .

Now as per request earlier in this support tread, dynamically created meta tags have been added for the product reviews info page.

Hi toyicebear,

that's it! thanks so much for the perfect job!!!