• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Temp dir

wvmlt

When I upload products using easypopulate 2.0 everything goes in the catalog/temp dir. How do I move it from there into the store?

OK, when you use easypopulate, there are two upload boxes. The bottom box will upload a large file and split it into smaller files.

The upper upload box will take the file you give it and insert it into the store.

If you have more than about 300 items, you'll need to split it.

Once they have been split, use the Tools/FileManager tool to download the split .txt files to your pc. Then use the top upload box on ep to upload each of the split files.

If you have less than 300 items, you should be able to upload without splitting. Just use the upper upload box.

Hope this helps.

BTW, there is a new version out, 2.1, that fixes some problems with splitting files and will handle anywhere from 1 to 6 levels of categories.

Tim

Even just uploading 1 item, it goes into temp and doesn't show up in store.

There are 2 file upload text boxes and buttons. The top box and button will import and pump it into the db.

The bottom box and button will upload the file and split it into smaller chuncks in the temp dir.

I think you're uploading using the bottom box.

Tim