• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HOW DO YOU REPAIR A TABLE OR DATABASE

jdice

hi...everyone...

when I go to my site...I get this:

1194 - Table 'c' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' and c.parent_id = '0' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

SO....I have read alot of post on how to fix a table crash...but everyone says the same thing...go to the myphp area...click on the appropriate database...and then click on the table that needs repaired and click repair. I see no repair button or any TABLE C. I need specific instructions...not just repair table. Where is this repair button everyone keeps talking about..is it in the operations of categories? What database do I choose...categories? I am totally lost.

any help anyone?

Janet

hi...everyone...

when I go to my site...I get this:

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' and c.parent_id = '0' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

SO....I have read alot of post on how to fix a table crash...but everyone says the same thing...go to the myphp area...click on the appropriate database...and then click on the table that needs repaired and click repair. I see no repair button or any TABLE C. I need specific instructions...not just repair table. Where is this repair button everyone keeps talking about..is it in the operations of categories? What database do I choose...categories? I am totally lost.

any help anyone?

Janet

Okay...I fixed it. I had went to phpmyadmin area and tried to click repair on the appropriate database table. Some database tables...did not even have repair button below as others in this forum were describing.

That was totally confusing me because the tables that needed fixed had no REPAIR option under OPERATIONS.

So after alittle digging online. I found the solution.

First...go to phpMyAdmin....click on the SQL BUTTON. A window will popup. Then type: REPAIR TABLE (and then put your table that needed repaired in).

In my case, I typed: REPAIR TABLE categories

AND THEN I PRESSED THE GO BUTTON

And then I did it over again. I opened the sql window by clicking the SQL BUTTON. Then I typed: REPAIR TABLE categories_description

AND THEN I PRESSED THE GO BUTTON again.

categories and categories_description is what I understood needed to be fixed from the error I was getting shown below:

Anyway, I went to my store after this...and everything was fine again.

It turns out I originally got this error because my husband was using html code in the description area of each product to add more pictures in. This told the server to point to this picture and that picture and over to this picture. This in turn, I believe, caused the server to go into too many different directions and it crashed.

I always post... in case... anyone has the same problems...good luck to all.

• 1 year later...

I owe you a million thanks for your simple explanation on how to repair a table! :D

Okay...I fixed it. I had went to phpmyadmin area and tried to click repair on the appropriate database table. Some database tables...did not even have repair button below as others in this forum were describing.

That was totally confusing me because the tables that needed fixed had no REPAIR option under OPERATIONS.

So after alittle digging online. I found the solution.

First...go to phpMyAdmin....click on the SQL BUTTON. A window will popup. Then type: REPAIR TABLE (and then put your table that needed repaired in).

In my case, I typed: REPAIR TABLE categories

AND THEN I PRESSED THE GO BUTTON

And then I did it over again. I opened the sql window by clicking the SQL BUTTON. Then I typed: REPAIR TABLE categories_description

AND THEN I PRESSED THE GO BUTTON again.

categories and categories_description is what I understood needed to be fixed from the error I was getting shown below:

Anyway, I went to my store after this...and everything was fine again.

It turns out I originally got this error because my husband was using html code in the description area of each product to add more pictures in. This told the server to point to this picture and that picture and over to this picture. This in turn, I believe, caused the server to go into too many different directions and it crashed.

I always post... in case... anyone has the same problems...good luck to all.

Archived