• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS - Popup images not working

synthea

Working on a store for a client, www.hawk-stock.com

I am using STS but no other mods. Popup images won't work. php isn't my strong suit, I need help figuring this one out.

I did not edit the popup_image.php file at all. Help please!

Amy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked about this same topic and never got a response. I don't know if that means nobody has an answer, someone did suggest a javascript change, but the javascript they suggested is already in the page and it didn't work.

I'm hoping you can get a response since I didn't, and it's the only thing I can't figure out with this programming.

You need this code:

<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

In the <HEAD> section of product_info.php

That's one problem...

;)

Edited by germ

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I already have it, but I even tried it with your extra end script tag just to be sure and it still doesn't work.

I don't understand this at all because I have another store I designed for another client using STS and the popups for that store work fine.

Amy

That javascript already exists in the product_info.php file.

Is there another answer?

You need this code:

function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

In the <HEAD> section of product_info.php

That's one problem...

;)

Amy, this is all that's in your <HEAD>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us">

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<title>:: Hawk Stock :: Always on the lookout for the Best Buys!</title></head>

Figuratively speaking... of course..

:lol:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Can you give me a link to your site, Jackson?

:unsure:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

That partially solves it (I added the script to the index.php_0.html and the template page)...I don't get why I didn't have to do that with the other store, but oh well. Now on to figure out how to automatically resize the popup to fit the image.

Thanks!!

Amy

Works now, Amy!!!

;)

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I'm not seeing any [MORE INFO] link there?

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Not in my browser?

:blush:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

This is all the text i see:

Welcome, Please Sign In

New Customer Returning Customer

I am a new customer.

By creating an account at Hawk Stock you will be able to shop faster, be up to date on an orders status, and keep track of the orders you have previously made.

I am a returning customer.

E-Mail Address:

Password:

Password forgotten? Click here.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

MY BAD!!!! Nothing in the cart... :lol:

You need this in your <HEAD> there:

function session_win() {
 window.open("<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFO_SHOPPING_CART); ?>","info_shopping_cart","height=460,width=430,toolbar=no,statusbar=no,scrollbars=yes").focus();
}
//--></script>

Edited by germ

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

With all the work on your <HEAD>, I feel like Freud...

:wacko:

:D

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

B)

:lol:

You're most welcome, Ma'am...

:rolleyes:

Just glad I could help.

:blush:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

I asked about this same topic and never got a response. I don't know if that means nobody has an answer, someone did suggest a javascript change, but the javascript they suggested is already in the page and it didn't work.

I'm hoping you can get a response since I didn't, and it's the only thing I can't figure out with this programming.

You could have saved yourself a lot of grief and time if you would have asked your question in the STS thread.

If your popup is not working, it is most likely due to the fact that you do not have all of the required STS tags in your template pages, specifically: <html $htmlparams> in your head section.

Place <!--$headcontent--> between <head> and </head> of your template. It is important to keep the comment chars before and after $headcontent otherwise it won't work!

Example:

<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
</head>

Result of the example:

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>osC Help - The site that helps you choosing your osCommerce contributions</title>
<base href="http://127.0.0.1:71/osc-help/">
<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->
</head>

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

If your popup is not working, it is most likely due to the fact that you do not have all of the required STS tags in your template pages, specifically: <html $htmlparams> in your head section.

Place between <head> and </head> of your template. It is important to keep the comment chars before and after $headcontent otherwise it won't work!

This is what happened - I didn't have the $htmlparams in any form on my template page, but I tried it like this: <html $htmlparams> and it didn't work, so I thought that wasn't it at all. I just used the <!--$headcontent--> and it works beautifully!

I sure wish the search feature on these forums worked better, I'm sure this has been addressed but I searched for over an hour and couldn't find anything helpful!

Amy

Sure, the site I'm trying to get set up is http://www.jacksonjewellery.com/shopping/catalog - this is the newest version so I'm starting all over again, the first one was as above only at /shop/catalog instead of shopping.

In the newest version I have edited the javascript to have a 640 x 480 size with scrollbars just to try to get around the resizing issue.

Can you give me a link to your site, Jackson?

You're saying it works, but not like you want?

So how do you want it to work?

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help