• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

front page of shop, how to change?

How do i change this part of the page, i tried but lost the whole shop page and had to install it all again.

http://www.hensathome.com/catalog/

This is a default setup of osCommerce Online Merchant. Products shown are for demonstrational purposes. Any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.

Error Messages

If there are any error or warning messages shown above, please correct them first before proceeding.

Error messages are displayed at the very top of the page with a complete background color.

Several checks are performed to ensure a healthy setup of your online store - these checks can be disabled by editing the appropriate parameters at the bottom of the includes/application_top.php file.

Editing Page Texts

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

[path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php

That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the Languages->English->Define or Tools->File Manager modules.

The text is set in the following manner:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...');

The text highlighted in green may be modified - it is important to keep the define() of the TEXT_MAIN keyword. To remove the text for TEXT_MAIN completely, the following example is used where only two single quote characters exist:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

More information concerning the PHP define() function can be read here.

Online Documentation

Online documentation can be read at the osCommerce Knowledge Base site.

Support is available at the osCommerce Support Site.

How do i change this part of the page, i tried but lost the whole shop page and had to install it all again.

This is a default setup of osCommerce Online Merchant. Products shown are for demonstrational purposes. Any products purchased will not be delivered nor will the customer be billed. Any information seen on these products is to be treated as fictional.

Error Messages

If there are any error or warning messages shown above, please correct them first before proceeding.

Error messages are displayed at the very top of the page with a complete background color.

Several checks are performed to ensure a healthy setup of your online store - these checks can be disabled by editing the appropriate parameters at the bottom of the includes/application_top.php file.

Editing Page Texts

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the Languages->English->Define or Tools->File Manager modules.

The text highlighted in green may be modified - it is important to keep the define() of the TEXT_MAIN keyword. To remove the text for TEXT_MAIN completely, the following example is used where only two single quote characters exist:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

Online Documentation

What else can be said?

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

Just to add - as you don't say what level of computing knowledge you're at: you obviously need to download the relevant files by FTP, edit them, and then upload them again. If you don't have much experience with PHP, don't worry.... just sifting through the files it's quite often self explanatory and you'll soon get used to it.

Error Messages

Editing Page Texts

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

Online Documentation

It's all there is the sentence:

Go to admin and then follow the path [path to catalog] /includes/languages/english/index.php then you can edit this file. Or, you can edit it on your desktop if you have all the files loaded locally, then upload it back to your site. I managed it and I'm clueless when it comes to code!

It's all there is the sentence:

Go to admin and then follow the path [path to catalog] /includes/languages/english/index.php then you can edit this file. Or, you can edit it on your desktop if you have all the files loaded locally, then upload it back to your site. I managed it and I'm clueless when it comes to code!

Hi

I bought a template no idea how to edit? i have dreamweaver but that is no good so what programme can i use to edit it?

cheers

Yes i know now looking back at the question i asked , i had answered the question, me feels a bit silly now sorry...

Maybe i needed to explain myself a bit better. what kind of program can i use to edit index.php ?

I am running front page and it dosnt seem to allow me to edit. I tried editing the html file via admin but thats when i got into trouble and lost the whole front page of the shop.

Yes i know now looking back at the question i asked , i had answered the question, me feels a bit silly now sorry...

Maybe i needed to explain myself a bit better. what kind of program can i use to edit index.php ?

I am running front page and it dosnt seem to allow me to edit. I tried editing the html file via admin but thats when i got into trouble and lost the whole front page of the shop.

OK, to edit the php files use a text editor (notepad, ultraedit, or similar). It is best to use one that shows the line numbers.

Do not edit via admin. Do not use front page.

Do the edits on your PC. Copy the edited files to the web by using an ftp program (filezilla can also be used to change permissions).

Before you make changes of any sort, back up the database in admin.

FTP a copy of your site to your pc to keep as a backup.

Thank you heaps i will give that go. Its all a learning curve for me, i have been able to make our website, so now its just a matter of learning shop carts etc

Kim

Thank you heaps i will give that go. Its all a learning curve for me, i have been able to make our website, so now its just a matter of learning shop carts etc

Kim

No problem Kim. One step at a time.

The forum is full of advice, good and bad.

Check out the knowledge base, and the tips and tricks section.

Oh, if you can't find answers, start a new thread for each question.

Archived