• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What checkout system are you using?

Hi everyone,

Been a while since I posted here as my shop has been going about its thing for six months, but it's time for a few upgrades.

I'd like to know which checkout systems you have experiences with and which you thought were best?

At the moment I'm using the Paypal IPN but I really don't like the way customers get taken off my site - this evidently confuses people as we lose a few customers every now and then to this process (they get to the Paypal page and then the transactions are abandoned). With this in mind I've been looking at integrated checkouts such as Google Checkout (a right pain to install and test), Paypal PRO and a few others but they all charge monthly fees. Is there anything out there which doesn't charge a monthly fee (just takes a percentage cut from each sale) that can be integrated smoothly?

I've been trawling contributions but haven't found anything suitable yet - thanks in advance.

Sam

There are only a few so, yes, I do. You could use 2Checkout but their rates are higher and their customer service is basically non-existent. And there's Moneybookers, which is worse, as far as customer service at least. That's about it. There might be some modules for mostly unheard of compaines, and they may even work well. But if you have a problem later on, getting support for the module may not be possible.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived