• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 2.0

Hi,

I installed easypopulate 1.2 and i'm now running 2.0, on 2.2CVS.

I still get the same errors ive always gotten using this contribution. It quite possibly the Plesk server im using. If anybody has any ideas, let me know.

Ive tried importing a csv, but get the following errors:

Warning: Unable to create '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ozpatch.com/httpdocs/catalog/temp/upload.csv': No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ozpatch.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/php6PUZHR' to '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ozpatch.com/httpdocs/catalog/temp/upload.csv' in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ozpatch.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 789

File uploaded.  

Temporary filename: /tmp/php6PUZHR

User filename: upload.csv

Size: 12242

Warning: file("/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ozpatch.com/httpdocs/catalog/temp/upload.csv") - No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ozpatch.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 737

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/ozpatch.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 742

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |  

No products_model field in record or incorrect root for category. I cannot import this record!  

Thats all!

I have left the "v_categories_name", and "v_manufacturers_name" fields empty as i dont have manufacturers to name.

Help? Cheers AaronUV

The code is having problems finding the file you uploaded.

Usually this is a document root type problem: I.E. search around on the forums for document root plesk, and see what comes up.

You can test this by trying to use the file manager under Tools->Filesmanager in the admin section, and see if you can upload/download there. I suspect you cannot, which means a config problem for OSC, not specific to EasyPopulate.

Hope this gets you headed in the right direction...

Tim

Hello,

Ive made a few adjustments. I think the one thing i did wrong was have a temp directory called "tmp" instead of "temp", so the file was being uploaded nowhere. Here is the current error message.....

File uploaded.  

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpAoy9AS

| B5CommandP | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |  

No products_model field in record or incorrect root for category. I cannot import this record!  

Thats all!

Anymore ideas, or have i not followed your first one enough?

Cheers!

AaronUV

Hello,

Ive made a few adjustments.  I think the one thing i did wrong was have a temp directory called "tmp" instead of "temp", so the file was being uploaded nowhere.  Here is the current error message.....

File uploaded.  

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpAoy9AS

| B5CommandP | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |  

Thats all!

You are close! Very close! The display you are seeing is showing you what the code found in your file.

It shows that the first row it found in your file contained only one populated field that had B5CommanP..... in it. The code expects the first field to be the image name, and the second field to be the product_model field, and without a product_model, it can't match this product up to your database, and thus can't tell if it's a new product or an existing product.

Can you send me your file and I'll take a quick peek at it and see what I can see?

Tim

Anymore ideas, or have i not followed your first one enough?

Cheers!

AaronUV

I d/l EP 2.1 and i tried a tab delimited file. The file was uploaded and everything seemed to be a sucsess, until i looked at the catagories, and every product is a catagory. :P arg!

Ill send u an updated tab delimited file to look at, maybe its formatted wrong.

Cheers!

AaronUV

I d/l EP 2.1 and i tried a tab delimited file.  The file was uploaded and everything seemed to be a sucsess, until i looked at the catagories, and every product is a catagory. :P arg!

Ill send u an updated tab delimited file to look at, maybe its formatted wrong.

Cheers!

AaronUV

Yes, the file layout has changed with 2.0 and up. I sent a demo of the new format to you, let me know if that clears things up.

Tim

I have sucsessfully imported items, but it gets half way down the txt file list and prints this error...

ERROR! - Too many characters in the model number.

12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.

Your maximum product_model length is set to 12

You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

Ive made sure all my model numbers are less than 12 characters and have no spaces in them, and updated the db, but it still says the error.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

AaronUV

Does this module accept subcatagories?

I know its supports mutiple catagories, but the sub-catagories i entered, showed in the shop as normal catagories?

eg. Main Catagory = "v_categories_name_1" SubCatagory="v_categories_name_2"

Any ideas?

Cheers!

AaronUV

I know its supports mutiple catagories, but the sub-catagories i entered, showed in the shop as normal catagories?

eg.  Main Catagory = "v_categories_name_1" SubCatagory="v_categories_name_2"

Any ideas?

Cheers!

AaronUV

v_categories_name_1 is the *lowest* level subcategory.

v_categories_name_2 is the next lowest

...and on up.

So if you have a simple structure like

Movies->Action

then name_1 = Action and name_2 = Movies

4 levels like

Printers->Inkjets->HP->Professoinal

would be

name_1 = Professional

name_2 = HP

name_3 = Inkjets

name_4 = Printers

Tim

v_categories_name_4

I finally got to the point where Easy Populate actually recognizes the file and doesn't create all new folders....however, after the module says it has imported the info, it gets an error. When looking at the end results, it doesn't actually import anything... Also, all of the images are broken now....I took my original file and added 1 more product for testing. All of the images that did work now do not....

Any ideas??

File uploaded.  

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpkdNWfy

User filename: test.txt

Size: 1851

The category_root_name is Home Audio

| soon.gif | N24II | 4-inch Boo | Bookshelf | 199.99 | 0.00 | 2002-11-22 | 1 | Home Audio | Speakers | JBL | N24II is the number

!New Product!1062 - Duplicate entry '13-1' for key 1

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description) VALUES ('13', '1', '4-inch Bookshelf Speakers', 'Bookshelf speakers - Pair  

4-inch 2-way speaker system

Injection molded cabinet

Available in dark gray')

[TEP STOP]

Chris Sullivan

I finally got to the point where Easy Populate actually recognizes the file and doesn't create all new folders....however, after the module says it has imported the info, it gets an error. When looking at the end results, it doesn't actually import anything... Also, all of the images are broken now....I took my original file and added 1 more product for testing. All of the images that did work now do not....

Any ideas??

File uploaded.  

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpkdNWfy

User filename: test.txt

Size: 1851

The category_root_name is Home Audio

| soon.gif | N24II | 4-inch Boo | Bookshelf | 199.99 | 0.00 | 2002-11-22 | 1 | Home Audio | Speakers | JBL | N24II is the number

!New Product!1062 - Duplicate entry '13-1' for key 1

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description) VALUES ('13', '1', '4-inch Bookshelf Speakers', 'Bookshelf speakers - Pair  

4-inch 2-way speaker system

Injection molded cabinet

Available in dark gray')

[TEP STOP]

Send me a copy of your file with the one item that's broken.

[email protected]

Thanks

Tim

Hey,

Is there any way/chance of getting product attributes added as colums in the tab delimited file for EasyPopulation?

Heading Examples:

v_products_attribute_option_name,

v_products_attribute_Option_Value,

v_products_attribute_value_price,

v_products_attribute_prefix

Adding attributes for every product is almost as time consuming as adding products manually, so i think this feature would be awesome.

Just a suggestion/request.

Cheers!

AaronUV

Hey,

Is there any way/chance of getting product attributes added as colums in the tab delimited file for EasyPopulation?

Heading Examples:  

v_products_attribute_option_name,

v_products_attribute_Option_Value,

v_products_attribute_value_price,

v_products_attribute_prefix  

Adding attributes for every product is almost as time consuming as adding products manually, so i think this feature would be awesome.

Just a suggestion/request.

Cheers!

AaronUV

I think products can have multiple attributes, right? If that's the case, then if you wanted to add 3 attributes to a product, you'd have to have the product listed three times.

Maybe a separate file for attributes, keyed by product model? I think EP with the fields it has is a pretty good solution for many people, and I'd rather not bloat the main file without really thinking about it.

It is a good idea. I think every part of OSC data should be manageable in mass chunks. It just makes sense. The difficulty comes in the file layouts - avoiding duplication of data, ease of adding more items to the file, etc.

I need to mull this over and come up with a practical way to solve the multiple attributes issue.

Tim

/quote]

Hi Tim

Nice looking idea you have here it might be what persuades me to finally reccomend OSCommerce to my mate who has the shop site....but could I clarify what it has evolved to. I have downloaded 2.1 but not tried to install it yet and have got no products to speak of in the store yet as there could well be many thousands of products at a later stage (much later if I cant use your module) <grin>

Anyway I see in here reference to multiple categories and subcategories and yet the text file indicates it does not support multiple sub categories so could you bring me up to date with what it can an dcant do just now please if you get a few mins to reply.

Many thanks in advance

regards Andy T

As a user of this module, i can answer your post.

Yes it does support subcatagories, and it pretty much will do everything you need to imput data into your store as well.

Its a great module, and i dunno what i'd do without it.

Read the rest of this topic for more info.

Cheers!

AaronUV