• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] oscThumb

Found another bug:

When you choose to have a watermark on the image, even in encrypted mode, if you grab the image location and remove the watermark part, the image is displayed in it's original form, so I guess there is no validation of the hash part of the link.

Unfortunatly, to my knowledge there is'nt, many fail on much more mundane issues. I feel this issue would not be to difficult to resolve, I was concerned with the practice of passng parameters via the url, clearly the methodology being the modular nature, but the fact is the recieving module is on the server & has full access to the admin settings, so does not actually need to have anything passed via the url.

It will take some studying of the code (unless someone is already familier enough to undertake this) but I don't see it taking too long to sort. wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunatly, to my knowledge there is'nt, many fail on much more mundane issues. I feel this issue would not be to difficult to resolve, I was concerned with the practice of passng parameters via the url, clearly the methodology being the modular nature, but the fact is the recieving module is on the server & has full access to the admin settings, so does not actually need to have anything passed via the url.

It will take some studying of the code (unless someone is already familier enough to undertake this) but I don't see it taking too long to sort. wink.gif

Thanks for your effort on trying to solve this issues.

I think one part of the solution is to have the image code displaying the file location in the cache instead of the oscthumb.php, I mean, when you right click on on an image, currently the image locations os on "http://my.server.com/oscthumb.php&xxxxxx", and it should be "http://my.server.com/thumbnais/cache/0/02/xxx.jpeg", this way it is not possible to know and change the parameters passed to oscthumb.php file to get unmodified image.

Regards,

I installed oscThumb and everything looks and works great...only thing is that when it processes the image and then when the new image from oscThumb displays its on #FCFEFC background. All of my images were on #FFFFFF background when i uploaded them. Now if you closely look you can see that it doesnt fit in how i would like it on my page. Where can i change that?

I installed oscThumb and everything looks and works great...only thing is that when it processes the image and then when the new image from oscThumb displays its on #FCFEFC background. All of my images were on #FFFFFF background when i uploaded them. Now if you closely look you can see that it doesnt fit in how i would like it on my page. Where can i change that?

Not an issue I`ve ever seen & not normal behaviour, check your install thoughrally

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Have you activated the setting Output GIFs as JPEGs? If yes, check the colour in 'GIF as JPEG' Matte colour (HEX).

If not, I don't know what's wrong. Maybe you can share 1 of your original pictures...

Hi guys!

I'm using oscThumb and the lightbox contrib. Problem is that I can't get the watermark to show in the lightbox pop-up. Has anyone solved this?

Thanks

I have solved this for fancybox (see my multi image contrib), I also modified product_info so simply disableing scripts would not stop watermarking (see my post & code ealier in this thread)

You may be able to sort this with the code I`ve posted, but if the contib in question uses popup_image.php your problems are more complex.

Sam

Contributions:

I have solved this for fancybox (see my multi image contrib), I also modified product_info so simply disableing scripts would not stop watermarking (see my post & code ealier in this thread)

You may be able to sort this with the code I`ve posted, but if the contib in question uses popup_image.php your problems are more complex.

Hello Sam,

Can you please be more specific? If unfortunately there isn't any solution with lightbox 1 what we have to do exactly with fancybox? I don't want to install fancybox and then see it not working. For example in this webpage:

http://www.sierragunworks.com/

it uses fancybox but when the user clicks to pop-up the image, the watermark is not shown again.

Thank you for your help.

Hello Sam,

Can you please be more specific? If unfortunately there isn't any solution with lightbox 1 what we have to do exactly with fancybox? I don't want to install fancybox and then see it not working. For example in this webpage:

http://www.sierragunworks.com/

it uses fancybox but when the user clicks to pop-up the image, the watermark is not shown again.

Thank you for your help.

I know that site is using the first version of fancybox, I can assure you if u use the latest it will work, the latest version (1.25) has all the fixes, see the support thread.

Sam

Contributions:

Product_info image not changing size from admin!

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been raised here before. if it has I apologies.

if not this may be of help to someone.

I have just installed oscThumb_1.1.2 and found that I cannot change the size of the Product_info image from admin.

the option is there in admin but it has no effect.

There seems to be a part missing from the install instructions (unless I have somehow missed it)

I resolved the issue by editing product_info.php

changing both instances of:SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT

to:PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT

I also added

// if no file exists display the 'no image' file
if (!is_file($src)) {
$src = "images/no_image.jpg";
}

Directly below

// START oscThumb
// If you want to call the original function, you can call tep_image_original or call this one with $original=true.
 function tep_image($src, $alt = '', $width = '', $height = '', $params = '', $original = false, $thumbnail_type = 0) {
   global $oscthumb;

To take care of any missing images.

Obviously you have to create the no_image.jpg

Hope this is helpful

Hi Spooks,

do you have any news regarding the possibility of a fix? I think without a fix on the security things it makes no sense to use this addon, unless it is used just for creating the thumbnails but there are better addons for thumbnails with less processing on the server...

Br,

Pedro

there are better addons for thumbnails

Are there? I havent seen any, as I said, many fail on much more mundane issues, some fail just because they don't like parameters past that would be fine for the original function!!!

Just because some say they like a paticular contrib don`t make it a good one. wink.gif

Edit, I'll just expand on that, sometime ago I noticed many cases where people complained that this or that contribution was'nt compatible with their thumbnailer, wanting the contribs 'fixed' to work with the thumbnailer, but in most cases the contribs were passing valid parameters, so would need hacking to compensate for the thumbnailers limitations, this clearly should not be the case.

I tested a number of thumbnailers & the only one that passed most tests was this, o yes it has faults, but at least there not major, just to its added functions.

I must mention I did not test all thumbnailers, there are too many!! So if anyone knows one thats as good as this & never fails, please say. smile.gif

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

I tested a number of thumbnailers & the only one that passed most tests was this, o yes it has faults, but at least there not major, just to its added functions.

Bugs leading to missing images seem to be a major problem, at least to me.

I don't understand why you are so upset with my question, you mentioned some weeks a go that you were going to have a look on the code to try to fix the problems. I also volunteared myself to try to fix it if someone explained me how to debug, since just with the echo I normaly use don't work.

Anyway, I was using the 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2226) and never failed to me, even working with LightBox. Just changed for oscThumb to get the watermark feature, but since there is no fix, no plan for a fix and I can't figure how to debug this code I will change back to the addon I was using before and continue to add the watermark by hand.

Pedro

On the Fly Auto Thumbnailer was one of those that I tested, that failed, as I recall its another that is particular over parameters that it should'nt be, also had a tendancy to distort images.

But perhaps you have been lucky with it, or the code has been redone to fix since. smile.gif

I'm afraid the filename encryption issue is a very minor one, so is on the list to do only when there is spare time, if its a bigger issue to others then they should take it on themselfs. wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

I'm afraid the filename encryption issue is a very minor one, so is on the list to do only when there is spare time, if its a bigger issue to others then they should take it on themselfs. wink.gif

1 week ago I agreed with you, encryption is a minor issue, but not now... It's not only encription issue, it's the whole addon... Why? Because... Since I had this addon already installed and I didn't want to rollback to the older one because a fix could appear, I thought:

"Addon is disabled, so I don't have thumbnails anymore... If I disable the encription and the watermark parts I can have at least the thumbnails..."

I though wrongly, the same problem of the missing images appear again, on another images. There is always something missing, randomly depending on the option I use, providing the addon is enabled.

On a shop like mine, with almost 3000 products/images, the probability of having a missing image is quite big, and since I don't know where is the real file the addon is trying to show I don't even know if the image is there or not.

I also find strange that I'm the only one to have this problem, and gets me thinking it is something with my server configuration, but since the missing images change to other products when I change something in the options, I'm not too sure about that.

Pedro

Edited by pedro.antunes

OK, I`ll bear that in mind when I look at it, see if there are any bottlenecks.

Sam

Contributions:

Just as a matter of curiosity, I just checked my server statistics and I see that my traffic increased by more than 4x after I disabled this addon (October 5th). I spent 4.3GB last month, while this month I already spent more than 18GB... Almost 16GB were used by JPG files, a clear increase just by not using thumbnails... I was not aware of the this huge BW savings brought by the thumbnails usage instead of the scaled pictures...

Serveur HTTP : Apache/2.2.X (OVH)

Version PHP : 4.4.9 (Zend : 1.3.0)

MySQL 5.0.68

Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem with osthumb, I have this error message when I try to set "Text Watermark Position", here the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_cfg_pull_down_watermark_alignment() in /home/****/www/********/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

I searched in vain but without success

By inference, I am told that the import file of SQL go wrong, so I submitted a backup and then re-import a file but ... not better

I looked in the sql, function " tep_cfg_pull_down_watermark_alignment() " is present.

Do you know what generates this error?

Thank you in advance for your tracks?

A bientot

steph

Sorry for my English :blush:

MySQL 5.0.68

Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem with osthumb, I have this error message when I try to set "Text Watermark Position", here the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_cfg_pull_down_watermark_alignment() in /home/****/www/********/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

By inference, I am told that the import file of SQL go wrong, so I submitted a backup and then re-import a file but ... not better

I looked in the sql, function " tep_cfg_pull_down_watermark_alignment() " is present.

A bientot

steph

MySQL 5.0.68

Hello everybody,

A bientot

steph

Sorry for my English blush.gif

It means the include or require for the file containing the function is missing, check your install more carefully.

PS error is not sql related.

Sam

Contributions:

It means the include or require for the file containing the function is missing, check your install more carefully.

PS error is not sql related.

Hello and thank you Spooks, :D

it works except that the images do not show and I had this error:

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/********/www/********/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 271

Then I re-updated and I have no message but I still have no images generated :blush:

I set chmod 777 on cache

I have a problem with this, the thumbnails are not shown on the any page but if you got to product info and click where they should be they pop up ??

Also the text under the image that pops up dont fit in the box anyone know ?

I have a problem with this, the thumbnails are not shown on the any page but if you got to product info and click where they should be they pop up ??

Also the text under the image that pops up dont fit in the box anyone know ?

go over the install again, you have made errors somewhere.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi all,

I've searched this thread a few times and have not found the exact issue that I am having. I have gone over the installation instructions in depth. I made sure to apply the SQL commands to the OSC database on my server and am having the following issue. Everything seems to be working correctly, the additional image attributes and the OSCThumb section in the configuration all appear correctly. I have changed the permissions on the cache folder and verified they remained at 777.

The issue I'm having is that none of the product images show up at all. Just the product text shows up in the image area. The larger version of the image is also not available and just text is displayed.

Any ideas? Is there any settings or screenshots I can provide to help solve this? Thank you in advance.

Hi all,

I've searched this thread a few times and have not found the exact issue that I am having. I have gone over the installation instructions in depth. I made sure to apply the SQL commands to the OSC database on my server and am having the following issue. Everything seems to be working correctly, the additional image attributes and the OSCThumb section in the configuration all appear correctly. I have changed the permissions on the cache folder and verified they remained at 777.

The issue I'm having is that none of the product images show up at all. Just the product text shows up in the image area. The larger version of the image is also not available and just text is displayed.

Any ideas? Is there any settings or screenshots I can provide to help solve this? Thank you in advance.

can u say what your osCthumb settings are in admin.

Sam

Contributions: