• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] oscThumb

It does not work for me.

I have installed the last version available and followed all steps scrupulously. My cache folder is on 777 accordingly to the instructions. But, When I turn this contribution on, I have the following problems:

_ images that I have placed as names of categories do not appear anymore. I simply see the name of the category

_ product images are replaced by the name of the product

_ nothing is created in te cache folder

My first idea was that it should be a problem with my cache folder BUT, when I go to a product info page, the bigger image (original size) do not appear neither.

Would you have an idea of what my problem could be?

Thx a lot!

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed this contribution on a new install and now the categories show up twice. I followed instructions to a T here is a example. Any idea what I did wrong? If I turn OSCThumbs off it goes back to normal. Turn it on it doubles up again.

Sorry, but I don't know if you have uploaded images to categories or you have not?

When you don't have uploaded pictures, then you in Administration -> Configuration -> Images -> Image Required -> set on: false. Otherwise, you need add images to every category.

The install went clean and all appears to work, but the Pop-Up images are now very slow since I installed this contrib. It takes less than 1 sec when oscThumb is turned off compared to 5-7 sec. when I enable it! Anyone have the same issue and/or are able to point me in a direction to speed it up?

Nav

I tried both ImageMix and oscThumb 1.1, I can't seem to get the actual option in admin to turn the features on: could someone help? I copied the files into my OSC directory, ran the database modification, but the category is not there. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to my own post: after N tries, with a significantly high N, it works now. Why it did not before and it does now remains a mistery.

oscThumb 1.1 + moreimages 'old' 1.4.3 + the popup_image files from the same contributor's imageMix work perfectly, after a few tries. Thanks!

It does not work for me.

I have installed the last version available and followed all steps scrupulously. My cache folder is on 777 accordingly to the instructions. But, When I turn this contribution on, I have the following problems:

_ images that I have placed as names of categories do not appear anymore. I simply see the name of the category

_ product images are replaced by the name of the product

_ nothing is created in te cache folder

I have the same problem :(

Any ideas?

http://shop.1-25saf.com/

Hi,

I installed this contribution on my shop when I was on my localhost (using xampp). Everything worked just fine. However, now I am online the thumbs don't appear. Instead it shows twice the product title.

When I turn off oscthumb in admin it shows the images again on my page.

Also: when i change the setting from on/off the first time i reload the page it shows this error:

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: Unable to access /phpThumb/cache in /home/xxx/domains/mysite/public_html/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 260

The error disappear when I refresh the page for the second time..

The cache directory is Cmod to 777.

anyone got an idea?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm having same problem here with my XAMPP installation on MAC. No pictures are visible if I turn oscThumb on

I checked and phpThumb/cache is 777 but I don't see any pictures there when I add a product.

Maybe a wrong path?

I have define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/store/');

Can be a problem from something related to this?

Thanks to all,

JM

Hi there,

I've searched through the thread, but can't find the answer to a particular problem I'm getting.

The end result is that no images are being displayed. I have some more information too; when I go directly to the oscThumb.php link, I get a message which basically says: The image <image path> cannot be displayed because it contains errors.

Is there a problem with my source files? Any help much appreciated.

Kevin

For those of you having issues with Images not displaying, even though you've correctly chmodded and set your cache directory....

I was having the same issues, so I followed the source file for one of the Images that was suppose to be displayed (I found this through the Source Code of my page).

I then worked out from here, to do the following...

Open /phpthump/phpThumb.config.php and find:

$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['document_root'] = DIR_FS_CATALOG; // oscThumb: added osCommerce directory

Delete it!

Then find:

//$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['document_root'] = '/home/httpd/httpdocs';

And replace with:

$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['document_root'] = '/home/blah/blah'; (Remember to input your own Server path.)

Save phpThumb.config.php

Now open oscthumb.php and find:

chdir ('DIR_FS_CATALOG'); (Should be on Line 20)

Just Delete it!

Save oscthumb.php!

This fixed it for me. :)

Good luck in your endeavours!

- Shane Rounce

• 3 weeks later...
It displayed image no GD instead of all products images.

4l599u.jpg

Solved. Installed GD on my server.

Switch on oscThumb I go to a page with 40 products. Each product pic is 30-40K. I can see mouse scroll up and down is much faster than before.

If I do a website speed test, i.e. http://www.iwebtool.com/speed_test

No matter of oscThumb on or off the test result is about the same. The page size remains at 64 KB.

Why is this?

I have installed this contribution and everything works fine except it doesn't work well with my "Extra Images" contribution.

You know the one where you can have multiple thumbnails on one product in the product_info page.

Here is a link to the contribution I'm referring too.

link to contribution

Anyway when you scroll over any of the thumbnails the whole thing wacks out and shows a full sized images in place of all the thumbnails. Unlike before if you rolled over any of the small thumbnails it displays in the top larger thumbnail.

Anyone else having this issue or can help me out? I'd really appreciate it

Below is where I suspect the problem lies....

$products_extra_images_query = tep_db_query("SELECT products_extra_image, products_extra_images_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES . " WHERE products_id='" . $product_info['products_id'] . "'");
if (tep_db_num_rows($products_extra_images_query) >= 1){
$rowcount_value=4;  //number of extra images per row	
$rowcount=1;
?>
	<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="1" class="br">
	  <tr>
<?php	

//$products_extra_images_query = tep_db_query("SELECT products_extra_image, products_extra_images_id FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_IMAGES . " WHERE products_id='" . $product_info['products_id'] . "'");
while ($extra_images = tep_db_fetch_array($products_extra_images_query)) {
?>
	<TD CLASS="infoBoxContents" align ="center">
	<?php echo "<a href=\"java script:popupWindow('" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_EXTRA_IMAGES, 'peiID=' . $extra_images['products_extra_images_id']) . "')\">" . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $extra_images['products_extra_image'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH/2, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT/2, "hspace='5' vspace='5'". " onMouseOver=\"java script:window.document.prodimg.src='" . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $extra_images['products_extra_image'] . "'\" onMouseOut=\"java script:window.document.prodimg.src='" . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'] . "'\"" ) . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
	</td>
<?php
if ($rowcount == $rowcount_value){echo '</tr><tr>'; $rowcount=1;}
else {$rowcount=$rowcount+1;}
}
?>

Hi,

I know this particular issue with oscThumb is quite old, but just in case anyone else is having the same problem (as I did):

Find the following code in "catalog/product_info.php" (the code you seek is an alteration made during the install of the Products Extra Images" contribution):

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank" rel="prettyPhoto[' . $product_info['products_name'] . ']" title="'.$product_info['products_name'].'" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], "", SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'class="prodimg" hspace="5" vspace="5" name="prodimg"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');

and replace it with this:

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank" rel="prettyPhoto[' . $product_info['products_name'] . ']" title="'.$product_info['products_name'].'" >' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], "", SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'class="prodimg" hspace="5" vspace="5" name="prodimg"', true) . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');

You will notice that the only difference between the two lines of code is that I have added an extra parameter to the tep_image call in the replacement, which tells oscThumb to use the original thumbnail, rather than generating its own.

Cheers,

Paul

The install went clean and all appears to work, but the Pop-Up images are now very slow since I installed this contrib. It takes less than 1 sec when oscThumb is turned off compared to 5-7 sec. when I enable it! Anyone have the same issue and/or are able to point me in a direction to speed it up?

Nav

Same here. I turned watermarking off of the small images because the pages loaded so slowly. Watermarked pop ups only and they load slooooow! Too slow.

I also had problems with the text marking. It seems like it is off set for some reason. If I tell it center, it starts up and to the left. If I make the font really big, the text starts somewhere off screen and you cannot even see it.

Tim

Hello everyone I have installed oscthumb and I am very well with this great contribution, but I will validate the site according to the standard w3c and not This contribution will allow me because it adds the character & images, I have tried to replace it with & but doing so you do n't see the images...

Someone has any idea?? Maybe an integration with Ultimate SEO URLs?

Thanks to all :rolleyes:

Antonello

Hi friend!

I published a solution to your problem. Now oscThumb is 100% compatible with w3c. See oscThumb_1.1a package.

Edited by osCommaniak