• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] oscThumb

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried to install the oscThumb contrib twice now and I get these errors.

When I try to view my catalog it says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /public_html/signaturescrapbooks.com/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 508

When I try to go into my admin it says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /public_html/signaturescrapbooks.com/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1404

I checked in my files and the errors are coming from the changes I have made for this contrib... exactly to the line number.

What am I doing wrong? I went through the install step-by-step?

Thanks,

Bradi

I have tried to install the oscThumb contrib twice now and I get these errors.

When I try to view my catalog it says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /public_html/signaturescrapbooks.com/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 508

Here is my application top:

////
// START oscThumb
  require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'oscthumb.php');
    $oscthumb = new oscthumb;
    $oscthumb->check_hash(); // Check if parameters have changed. Delete cache if yes.
// END oscThumb

When I try to go into my admin it says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /public_html/signaturescrapbooks.com/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1404

Here is my general.php:

////
// START oscThumb
  function tep_cfg_readonly($value){
    $single[]= array('id' => $value,
                   'text' => $value);
    return tep_draw_pull_down_menu('configuration_value', $single, $value);
  }

I checked in my files and the errors are coming from the changes I have made for this contrib... exactly to the line number.

What am I doing wrong? I went through the install step-by-step?

Thanks,

Bradi

Hi,

My OSCthumb images load real slow. I turn off Oscthumb through admin and the images pop up fast.

I even set my jpeg quality down to 80 and still slow.

My images are saved at 72dpi 400x600 before uploading.

Is this something that others are experiencing?

Is there something I should look at to fix this on my site?

My OSCthumb images load real slow. I turn off Oscthumb through admin and the images pop up fast.

I see the opposite, which is the point of osC thumb.

Check your cache settings & that GD library is available & has the options needed, if its not osC thumb uses its own functions which are not as efficient.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Check your cache settings & that GD library is available & has the options needed, if its not osC thumb uses its own functions which are not as efficient.

Thanks Spooks for your time.

I contacted my host and they confirmed GD Library was functioning properly. I checked my permissions and path and they were fine. However, when Oscthumb is on it is still slow and off fast.

My phpthumb category looks like this is this correct?

phpThumb/cache

folders 0-9 and A-f and source

question about image cache:

my images are not updating when i modify the source image...is there an easy fix for this/section of code to check?

t.i.a.

...perhaps deleting the cached image from the thumbs db????

any ideas?

Edited by adamsleath

Sam,

Being that my host said I am running GD Library and that all my settings for the cache folder appears good, is there anything else I should look at?

At this point, if I turn OSC thumbs off it is fast and on it still slows down.

• 2 weeks later...

SOS...

i use this contribution first i run it in local and ever thing fine and i upload to server and look nice and perfect and now when i move the same web with same database to other host i see my web totally damage and osc thumb said disable_configuration any ideas???..

help me please.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people,

I just installed the latest version of OscThumb, but it doesn't seem to work entirely. If i try to adjust the image size through Product Information Image Width/Height nothing changes at the product_info.php page. If i change the default values: Small Image Width/Height then i do see changes at the product_info.php page.

I checked if anything of the OscThumb contrib would work, and the watermark function seems to work ok, i tried the text watermark

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

This is a great contribution, I've installed it and everything works great except that when i click on the thumbnail, the enlarged picture did not show in POP-UP window. Instead it use the current window.

Can someone please help me with how to make photo shows in POP-UP?

Many Thanks,

Vin.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been able to find a simple answer to this question: is there any way to make the thumbnails bigger for the product info page? they are all the same small size and it doesn't look too good when your product info picture is only about 100x100px. Plus the watermark doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

***EDIT:

scratch that. after seeing all these problems everyone else is having+I can't get a decent-sized product info page image I'm just removing the addon. Is there a way to remove oscThumb from my database so the "oscThumb" in my backend/admin will be removed?

Edited by broadstreetbully

Hello, for question 1 and 3, it's because the functions are missing. Check the installation note for /catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php. It should solve your issue.

Hi :)

I've installed this contrib and it is really good but I have some problems:

1) I cannot change the watermark font in the popup images, when I try to change it just clicking on edit it gives me this error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_pull_down_installed_fonts() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\...\mydomain\httpdocs\osc2\admin\configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1"

2) It does not print the watermark in the images, I settled it up with a simple text without changing any other thing but it does not appear, maybe it is related to the font error???

3) When I try to change the watermark position, just clicking on edit, it gives me this error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_pull_down_watermark_alignment() in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\....\mydomain\httpdocs\osc2\admin\configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1"

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Simone

Hello,

I installed this module but receive the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function image_button() on a non-object in .../includes/functions/html_output.php on line 164

and line 164 is

$src = $sts->image_button($image,$language);

Anyone know how to fix it?

I found post#70 , my STS version is 4.5.8, where can I add this file as a file required?

Make sure that in Admin/STS that you put oscthumb.php as a file required for use in the templates.

and post#71, which oscthumb.php file i should copy to? the catalog/oscthumb.php or catalog/includes/class/oscthumb.php?

Make sure you put a copy of oscthumb.php in the includes/modules/sts_inc/ folder.

Thank you!!

Additional question from my above posting to try and resolve my image load slowness on initial image load.

1.) Does the contrib automatically cache images or does it wait until the image has been viewed?

2.) If the contrib waits until an image has been viewed to store an image, is there a way to blanket cache?

3.) In Oscommerce admin there is a seperate file called 'Cache' - should this be set to true or false? If true what should the path be as currently it is set to /temp/?

4.) What is 'Last Hash System Use Read Only'?

Charles

I found the solution. To make STS 4.5.8 work with oscThumb V1.1.2, you need to:

(1). in admin -> modules -> STS

edit the setting by adding ;oscthumb.php in the field of "Files for content template" so it should look like:

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;oscthumb.php

(2). copy catalog/oscthumb.php into catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc folder

The error message was caused because I used a modified sts_template.html file. I test the module with the original file and it works!

Hello,

I installed this module but receive the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function image_button() on a non-object in .../includes/functions/html_output.php on line 164

and line 164 is

$src = $sts->image_button($image,$language);

Anyone know how to fix it?

I found post#70 , my STS version is 4.5.8, where can I add this file as a file required?

and post#71, which oscthumb.php file i should copy to? the catalog/oscthumb.php or catalog/includes/class/oscthumb.php?

Thank you!!

I haven't been able to find a simple answer to this question: is there any way to make the thumbnails bigger for the product info page? they are all the same small size and it doesn't look too good when your product info picture is only about 100x100px. Plus the watermark doesn't work. Thanks in advance.

***EDIT:

scratch that. after seeing all these problems everyone else is having+I can't get a decent-sized product info page image I'm just removing the addon. Is there a way to remove oscThumb from my database so the "oscThumb" in my backend/admin will be removed?

For anyone who is having problems getting the Product Information Image Width & Product Information Image Height to change the product image. It seems there is a step missing from the install instructions and the product image is still getting it's dimensions from the Small Image setting.

In product_info.php around line 147, find:

$product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT,

and change it to:

$product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT,

Edited by rikdoughty

Thanks for your tip. This fixes the problem of getting the Product Information Image Width & Product Information Image Height to change the product image BUT YOU NEED TO DO THIS CHANGE IN 2 PLACES.

In catalog/product_info.php

1) find:

$product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT,

and change it to:

$product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT,

2) find

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

and change it to

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE_WIDTH, PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

(My store is a clean install of OSC2.2rc2a with SEO URL v2-2.2d-9 and HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.2.2 installed).

For anyone who is having problems getting the Product Information Image Width & Product Information Image Height to change the product image. It seems there is a step missing from the install instructions and the product image is still getting it's dimensions from the Small Image setting.

In product_info.php around line 147, find:

and change it to:

Sometimes resized images are generated with a one pixel wide black line on the side or bottom of them.

Apparently this is due to a rounding error in the resizing maths in phpThumb (see http://www.webmasterworld.com/php/3851917.htm).

I was unable to track down and fix this rounding error. However, I did discover a work around:

Go to osc/admin/config/images and set Calculate Image Sizes = False

For some reason that gets rid of the annoying black lines. My guess is this fixes it because if Calculate Image Size=True, the image width (or height) is set to the value specified in admin/config/images. However PphpThumb makes a mistake and provides an image 1 pixel too narrow. The difference between the two causes the black line.

Perhaps someone who is good at php can have a go at tracking down the error in phpThumb.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning,

This is a brilliant contribution. However, I am having a real slowdown loading the images on one my stores.

It takes an absolute age (~10 seconds) to compress all of the pictures the first time you view a product or load a thumbnail preview in the categories. Once it has been cached, it loads very quickly.

This is only happening on one of my websites but not the other.

Both of the stores are hosted by UK2.net, but are on different servers.

I have checked through the php info files and both are running the same version of GD Library and have it fully enabled.

Does any one know what could be causing this?

I nearly forgot to mention - both websites are clean installations.

Good morning,

This is a brilliant contribution. However, I am having a real slowdown loading the images on one my stores.

It takes an absolute age (~10 seconds) to compress all of the pictures the first time you view a product or load a thumbnail preview in the categories. Once it has been cached, it loads very quickly.

This is only happening on one of my websites but not the other.

Both of the stores are hosted by UK2.net, but are on different servers.

I have checked through the php info files and both are running the same version of GD Library and have it fully enabled.

Does any one know what could be causing this?

I nearly forgot to mention - both websites are clean installations.

I have the same issue on all of my websites. I actually had turned it off at one point because it loaded so slow the first time you click an image.

I do not understand how it actually works. Is it suppose to automatically cache all images once uploaded or does it cache only when the image

is clicked on for the first time?

If it is based on clicking for the first time to make it faster loading then I wonder if there is some kind of auto cache for all images at once rather

than clicking each.

I have the same issue on all of my websites. I actually had turned it off at one point because it loaded so slow the first time you click an image.

I do not understand how it actually works. Is it suppose to automatically cache all images once uploaded or does it cache only when the image

is clicked on for the first time?

If it is based on clicking for the first time to make it faster loading then I wonder if there is some kind of auto cache for all images at once rather

than clicking each.

Good morning fan4chevy,

From my understanding, it will only resize and cache the images when you, or another visitor, attempts to access them for the first time.

I would be extremely worried if my visitors were forced to wait for the 10~ seconds it takes to initially cache them. However, as I will always check through my products and categories as soon as I have uploaded them, I hope that problem will not exist.

It is just very frustrating.

I installed this contribution on to one of my websites and it worked flawlessly.

I have since tried to implement it on another, even creating a new installation of OSc, but experience this huge delay.

The two websites are running on different servers, but having checked through the versions of PHP and Apache they are both running there are only very minor differences. All software looks like it has been updated to within a month or so of current releases.

I have noticed one thing; on the website which is running slowly, when I go into the server properties within OSc admin tools, very little information is brought up at the top of the page.

Both websites otherwise run quite quickly which makes me believe it must be a software setting. The variance between the near-instantaneous loading on one site, compared to the 10~ seconds on the other, cannot be hardware related.

Edited by Squeaky1