• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] oscThumb

What have u tried? what r your settings? have u tried changing them? have u checked your server support?

PS My radio stopped working, whats wrong with it? ohmy.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have u tried? what r your settings? have u tried changing them? have u checked your server support?

Earlier I had a different error(path error i think), so i followed the instructions that ShaneRounce said on 05 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

That seemed to help the last error, but I moved on to another. I haven't changed anything since the new error occurred. Here's my uncommented lines from phpthumb.config.php:

$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['document_root'] = '';
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_directory'] = $PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['document_root'].CFG_TN_CACHE_DIRECTORY;
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_disable_warning'] = false;
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_directory_depth'] = 4;
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_maxage'] = 86400 * 30;
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_maxsize'] = 10 * 1024 * 1024;
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_maxfiles'] = 200;
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_source_enabled']   = false;
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_source_directory'] = dirname(__FILE__).'/cache/source/';
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_source_filemtime_ignore_local']  = false;
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_source_filemtime_ignore_remote'] = true;
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_default_only_suffix'] = '';
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_prefix'] = 'phpThumb_cache_'.str_replace('www.', '', @$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']);
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_force_passthru'] = true;
$PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['temp_directory'] = $PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['cache_directory'];

Is this what you asked for? I have not checked my server support. What am I looking for? In phpinfo? Thanks Spooks

Hi all. This problem was mentioned here before, but I wasn´t able to find a solution. I have the Fancy Pics V1 from spooks installed on my website (working perfectly). Then I installed the oscThumb contribution, without any errors, but it doesn´t seem to work. The settings in admin are looking OK, but no watermarks appear on the popup images, no files in the cache (folder writable), etc. I went through all the 16 pages of this forum, tried every suggestion (also that one with replacing the line 112 in product_info), and it still didn´t change. At least all my images are ok and not broken links, like other users referred.

Do You have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi all. This problem was mentioned here before, but I wasn´t able to find a solution. I have the Fancy Pics V1 from spooks installed on my website (working perfectly). Then I installed the oscThumb contribution, without any errors, but it doesn´t seem to work. The settings in admin are looking OK, but no watermarks appear on the popup images, no files in the cache (folder writable), etc. I went through all the 16 pages of this forum, tried every suggestion (also that one with replacing the line 112 in product_info), and it still didn´t change. At least all my images are ok and not broken links, like other users referred.

Do You have any ideas?

Thanks

Yes there are issues with thumbnails in that, i've not had time to update, I gave code in this thread to resolve the issue (as it applies generally) there are also issues with encrypted filenames, both are fixed in the latest of Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with Fancy Popups http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7008 which in product info at least, uses very similar code.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

I asked my server and they do support GD images

That is meaningless, the gd library has many options, if u don't have the right ones it wont work.

I was refering to your oscThumb settimgs, have u not looked at them? have u read the doc? wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

That is meaningless, the gd library has many options, if u don't have the right ones it wont work.

I was refering to your oscThumb settimgs, have u not looked at them? have u read the doc? wink.gif

ok, so your response made me think there was something I was missing. I snooped around a little and found the whole phpThumb/demo/ section. I ran the phpThumb.demo.check.php, and saw i needed to delete the phpThumb.config.php.default. After I deleted that, the demo check ran successfully. Here are the sections of the check that had problems:

ImageMagick features: gaussian (yellow)

ImageMagick formats: "sh: ./identify: No such file or directory" (no color, just white text box)

php_sapi_name(): cgi-fcgi (orange)
    Comments: SAPI mode preferred to CGI mode. FCGI mode has unconfirmed strange behavior (notably more than one space in "wmt" filter text causes errors). If not working in "apache" (SAPI) mode, apache_lookup_uri() will not work.

magic_quotes_gpc: true (yellow)

I knew how to change magic_quotes_gpc, so i did. That wasnt my problem. I'm still getting the same grey error box that i previously posted. I dont thnk the gaussian feature is a huge problem. Maybe php_sapi_name()?

Edited by Tim Romero

Yes there are issues with thumbnails in that, i've not had time to update, I gave code in this thread to resolve the issue (as it applies generally) there are also issues with encrypted filenames, both are fixed in the latest of Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with Fancy Popups http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7008 which in product info at least, uses very similar code.

Ok so I should install this addon instead of the Fancy Pics V1, or should I use only the product_info file?

• 2 weeks later...

oscThumb and Site Monitor do not work well together. Since oscThumb creates so many directories it is unreasonable to put every directory in the oscThumb/cache into the site monitor excludes list. So, I moved the oscThumb/cache director to a path outside of the catalog files. oscThumb died.

It seems that the path for the oscThumb is fixed to /%document_root%/%catalog_root%/ so any path you put into the cache path in the config will always be in the catalog path. An attempt to move it to say... /var/www/php/thumb/cache/ results in /%document_root%/%catalog_root%//var/www/php/thumb/cache/

Before I go poking around in both oscThumb and Site Monitor, has anyone run into this before, what was the solution, and is there an easier way?

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

gone over the install of this a few times, but i keep on getting the same problem. images goto red x, and displays the alt tags

right clicking i get this

oscthumb.php?src=/images/example.jpg&w=139&h=139&f=jpg&q=50&hash=7c992bbb4b419db9376d51340273ff24

below is my GD details from php.info

gd

GD Support enabled

GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

FreeType Support enabled

FreeType Linkage with freetype

FreeType Version 2.1.9

T1Lib Support enabled

GIF Read Support enabled

GIF Create Support enabled

JPG Support enabled

PNG Support enabled

WBMP Support enabled

XBM Support enabled

so can someone put me in the right direction with this

(problem is in both the product page and the Categories pages through index.php)

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

oscThumb and Site Monitor do not work well together. Since oscThumb creates so many directories it is unreasonable to put every directory in the oscThumb/cache into the site monitor excludes list. So, I moved the oscThumb/cache director to a path outside of the catalog files. oscThumb died.

Can't you just exclude the "phpThumb" directory from within SiteMonitor? Under the configuration menu.

Dan

I have reason to NOT want the cache in the /catalog/ filespace. Anyone know if it will break oscThumb if I move it somewhere else, provided it is accessible and writable by the web server process?

I am using this great contribution, but I also use the nopic-AddOn. The result is that my tables are destroyed because everytime the system checks for the nopic.jpg, the thumbnailer creates a 500+px empty picture.

Has anyone a hint for me?

gone over the install of this a few times, but i keep on getting the same problem. images goto red x, and displays the alt tags

right clicking i get this

oscthumb.php?src=/images/example.jpg&w=139&h=139&f=jpg&q=50&hash=7c992bbb4b419db9376d51340273ff24

below is my GD details from php.info

gd

GD Support enabled

GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

FreeType Support enabled

FreeType Linkage with freetype

FreeType Version 2.1.9

T1Lib Support enabled

GIF Read Support enabled

GIF Create Support enabled

JPG Support enabled

PNG Support enabled

WBMP Support enabled

XBM Support enabled

so can someone put me in the right direction with this

(problem is in both the product page and the Categories pages through index.php)

I managed to fix my problem, made a small mistake

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

Hi, installed this contribution and everything seems to be working except that all of my sub-categories are not showing up, and all images that I used for sub-categories are PNG images.

Does anyone have any idea what to do with it?

thanks in advance

Can't you just exclude the "phpThumb" directory from within SiteMonitor? Under the configuration menu.

Dan

No, it doesn't work that way. I have it detailed in the Site Monitor support thread.

Hello everyone!

First i want to say thank you for this great contribution!

I have installed the last version of oscThumb (1.1.2), and it works fine, but there is still one problem:

In the images section (in admin panel), i set the "product information image width" parameter at 300px (because i want to see the image in productinfo page at this dimension, but i also want to see the same image in "specials" box and "what's new" box with original settings for small images - 100px*80px)

I switch on the contribution, and nothing happened, it seems like it doesn't work. My image in productinfo page it's still 100px*80px.

Best regards!

Nevermind... I've fixed it! :thumbsup:

Hi Bav,

I am having the exact same problem has you seemed to have. Could you possibly tell me how you fixed it? Any help would be much appreciated as I've been working at it for days!

Cheers

Chris

Hello again and thanks to Spooks for keeping this thread alive!

My problem is the same; I have the light box contrib and more pics contrib installed together with this contribution and everything works except for the watermarking of light box pics. I know spooks made a contribution "Simple Multi Image Add-on (Un-Limited) with FancyBox Popups" that works but I simply can't uninstall morepics to install his addon instead because of the massive amount of pictures i've already added (my shop is live).

So anyone please tell me what i should change inorder to get the watermarking to work with lightbox.

/thanks

I simply can't uninstall morepics to install his addon instead because of the massive amount of pictures i've already added (my shop is live).

If it helps, I have given a code snippit to convert dBase entries from another add-on, to that of the Simple Multi Image Add-ons

Sam

Contributions:

I just installed oscThumb to http://www.importwerks.com and it doesn't seem to be working properly. It shows in the admin area and I can configure the settings but the thumbnails keep showing up at roughly 60 pixels wide regardless of what I do with the settings. In the "images" section I have the width set at 100 so I don't know why it's showing at 60.

Any ideas???

thanks

I just installed oscThumb to http://www.importwerks.com and it doesn't seem to be working properly. It shows in the admin area and I can configure the settings but the thumbnails keep showing up at roughly 60 pixels wide regardless of what I do with the settings. In the "images" section I have the width set at 100 so I don't know why it's showing at 60.

Any ideas???

thanks

What is the actual size of the images? Are you preventing oscThumb from enlarging a pic? You should be and your actual size of the image whould be around the 640x480 area, but not much larger, if any. Do you only have one dimension set? 100 for width and NO height setting?

What is the actual size of the images? Are you preventing oscThumb from enlarging a pic? You should be and your actual size of the image whould be around the 640x480 area, but not much larger, if any. Do you only have one dimension set? 100 for width and NO height setting?

The size of the images varies. I tested a # of diff. image sizes and they all end up a different size as thumbnails. This will obviously not work for any ecommerce site. I adjusted the settings as you described and the images go to the width I have set (100) but their height is all different. I'm looking 100 X 80 thumbnails. The thing is that I've seen this done on other sites so I know it can be done. Should I look into a diff. contribution?

phpThumb will maintain the aspect ratio of the image. If you want 80x100 you will have to size the images to a size that will reduce to that without distortion. phpThumb is getting as close as it can based on the original image and your request.

hi

oscthump homapage error

install module

- flashcoursel

- Simple Multiple Images

error

--------------------------------

Notice: Undefined variable: text_watermark in /home/akbana/public_html/crm/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 230

Notice: Undefined variable: image_watermark in /home/akbana/public_html/crm/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 235

Notice: Undefined variable: bevel in /home/akbana/public_html/crm/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 238

Notice: Undefined variable: frame in /home/akbana/public_html/crm/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 241

Notice: Undefined variable: params in /home/akbana/public_html/crm/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 255

product_info

------------------

Notice: Undefined variable: image_watermark in /home/akbana/public_html/crm/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 235

Notice: Undefined variable: bevel in /home/akbana/public_html/crm/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 238

Notice: Undefined variable: frame in /home/akbana/public_html/crm/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 241

Notice: Undefined variable: text_watermark in /home/akbana/public_html/crm/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 230

Notice: Undefined variable: params in /home/akbana/public_html/crm/includes/classes/oscthumb.php on line 255

oscthump homapage error

There not errors, they're notices, its due to the old version of php on your server.

in includes/applicaion_top.php

replace@

error_reporting(E_ALL);

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED);

Sam

Contributions: