• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] oscThumb

I have a problem with this contribution. It does not create thumbnails and normal images (the one for which I want to create thumbnails) are not showned anymore.

1. I am using STS.

2. I have followed the instructions

3. I have set the permissions to 77 for catalog/phpThumb, catalog/phpThumb/cache and catalog/phpThumb/cache/source ( I do not need watermarks)

4. In catalog/phpthumb/phpthumbconfig.php: I have change line 139: $PHPTHUMB_CONFIG['output_format'] = 'gif'; instead of jpeg because all my pictures are in .gif)

5. taking into account previous posts about sts:

a. I have integrated oscthumb.php in sts_inc

b. as the post did not mention which oscthumb.php file to copy there (the one in catalog or the one in catalog/includes/classes), I have tried with both

c. in my sts admin panel, I have indicated oscthumb.php in "files for content template" of product info

Result: images do not appear and are replaced by the name of the products.

So my question are:

1. Did I something wrong?

2. Did I forgot to do something?

3. Would it be a problem of host?

Thank you in advance for your time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Because of problems I had to go back a bit and restore my shop. So i had to install oscthumb again. But with one small problem. I do not have thumbnails in admin -> configuration. I did run sql file through phpMyAdmin. There is not an a table for thumbnails.

So what need I do to get this corrected?

Thanks.

Because of problems I had to go back a bit and restore my shop. So i had to install oscthumb again. But with one small problem. I do not have thumbnails in admin -> configuration. I did run sql file through phpMyAdmin. There is not an a table for thumbnails.

So what need I do to get this corrected?

Thanks.

All is working great.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed oscThumb and it worked perfect with the watermarks, then I installed lightbox2 and the watermarks don't show up anymore. Does anyone have a solution for this? I searched the complete forum, but can't find anything.

Thanks!

Would anyone know how to set oscThumb so that every image is 135 pixels x 135 pixels. I do realise that this may stretch the thumbnail that has been created.

Further to this if anyone may know would it be possible to make the thumbnail 135 x 135 pixels and have it somehow crop the thumbnail to keep proportions?

Hello all,

oscThumb is a contribution that uses the open source project phpThumb v1.7.7 to create thumbnails of your images.

Instead of sending the full size image to the browser and let the browser resize it, which can seriously slow down the loading time of your pages and look ugly, oscThumb will generate thumbnails and save them in a cache folder on your server, for future use.

It uses Imagemagic (if available) or GD library to generate gif, jpg or png thumbnails.

In my knowledge, this is the only thumbnailing contribution that can really protect your images agains thieves!

Following features are included:

Server caching: thumbnails created are saved on the server, no need to re-generate them for each visitor. Automatic cache cleaning function included (size, age, nbr of files).

Watermarking: place a text or image watermark on your images to protect them from thieves.

Security against URL manipulations: filenames encryption make it impossible to find the original image and URL hash check make it impossible to manipulate URL to display images in original size.

Display options: add a frame around your images or buttonize them. New size for product image on product_info.php page, selectable from admin.

Easy installation: few files to copy, 3 files to modify. Done.

I give you soon the link to the contribution, when it's out of the sandbox.

I'm using this contribution with success on few sites already.

Have fun,

Chris

Rig,

Thanks for this addon! I haven't installed it yet but it looks to be very useful. I just have one questions that should be pretty easy to answer before I go ahead and install it. The questions is, how exactly does it thumbnail the images? Does it scale them down to a predetermined pixel size or does it scale it down to a % of the original dimensions? The reason why I ask is because most of the images on my store are not the same dimensions so I am a little worried about distortion issues, especially since we already have some issues on the product_info.php page. Thanks for the feedback and thanks again for this contribution.

J

Rubenbbt, did you find a solution?

I have the same problem. With Lightbox installed the oscThumb does not work.

No image watermark, no text watermark. No errors :-)

I doublechecked everything in this forum, but nothing helped.

Can somebody find a solution???

• 2 weeks later...

Rigadin,

I installed this contribution and everything was working perfectly! However, now I get this error whenever someone tries to log in to the store! Nothing loads and all that is displayed is a blank page with the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_image() in D:\mydomain\catalog\includes\classes\message_stack.php on line 39

I tried switching this back to the tep_image_original function on the specified line and the page kind of loads, except the only thing displayed is this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_image() (previously declared in D:\mydomain\catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php:82) in D:\mydomain\catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php on line 82

I'm not sure why it would work previously and does not work now. I'm going to check if my partner touched anything on the website, but am totally lost! any suggestions?

J

Little bit of an update;

For some random reason I can log in and everything works fine when I am using the computer that I made the edits to the pages and stuff on, but it doesnt work on any other computer I use. Not sure if this helps, but made me think the problem was even more peculiar (also explained why it took me so long to realize it wasnt working =P )

J

Re-checked my page's code by comparing it with the files included with the contribution, as well as with the manual install directions and they were identical. I'm really confused about this error because the message_stack.php file was not augmented at all and it is just calling the original function (tep_image) which didn't change much. I'm lost and in dire need of help. does anyone have any suggestions?

J

I ended up fixing this myself if anyone happens to have the same problem. It's not an exact fix, so much as it is just removing the part of code that was generating the problem. The error that I was getting was in catalog/includes/massage_stack.php around like 36 or so. The fix now looks like this:

36	 // class methods
37	function add($class, $message, $type = 'error') {
38	  if ($type == 'error') {
39		$this->messages[] = array('params' => 'class="messageStackError"', 'class' => $class, 'text' => /*tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'error.gif', ICON_ERROR) . */' ' . $message);
40	  } elseif ($type == 'warning') {
41		$this->messages[] = array('params' => 'class="messageStackWarning"', 'class' => $class, 'text' => /*tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'warning.gif', ICON_WARNING) .*/ ' ' . $message);
42	  } elseif ($type == 'success') {
43		$this->messages[] = array('params' => 'class="messageStackSuccess"', 'class' => $class, 'text' => /*tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'success.gif', ICON_SUCCESS) . */' ' . $message);
44	  } else {
45		$this->messages[] = array('params' => 'class="messageStackError"', 'class' => $class, 'text' => $message);
46	  }
47	}

All it did was comment out the tep_image function that was causing the error. Definitely kind of ironic that the image was the one to display if there was an error or warning or success LOL. Anyway, it doesn't remove anything that is completely necessary except the image that is displayed with the error, so it only makes it a little bit less visually appealing. Hope this helps someone else at some point.

J

This question has been asked many times throughout the osc forum, however there are no solutions posted anywhere.

I have both Lightbox and oscThumb installed on my site. The oscThumb watermark does appear on all image thumbs, but they Do Not appear on any of the pop-up (Lightbox) images.

Is there anyone out there who can help me solve this issue?!

Any assistance would be appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I've installed this contribution and it works great... but only, for some odd reason, in IE 8. This happens on every computer I try, neither IE7 or Firefox 3.x display the thumbnail image, they all display the original, large image scaled down... Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I tried to install all known contributions which create on the fly thumbnails , but somehow all my site's images displayed broken in all these contribution.

I am hosted on godady's shared hosting and may be the problem is here.

I see the images create in cache , but they are dipslayed broken.

Please help !!

• 2 weeks later...

It still does not work for me.

When I use this contribution, big pictures of products does not appear anymore and thumbnails are not created.

I thought that it was due to STS but the problem is the same if I turn off STS.

Instead of having an image, I have the name of the product.

Any idea?

I installed this, and at first it didn't appear to work. It slowed down my page, and all the images were replaced by product names. After I reloaded several times, the pictures started to show up. However, they still don't all always show up right away. I'm assuming that it creates a new image each time an item is viewed for the first time? I have over 10,000 items, so that is going to look horrible for a while before all items get included. Also, as someone else stated, it screwed up the stock images that come with OSC like the "whats new here" image. Any suggestions?

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help me...

I've installed the contrib, however I can't get it to work properly.

After carefully following the installation instructions, when you look at items in a category, the image is coming up as the FULL-SIZED image instead of a thumbnail...

Any suggestions? (I've researched but have found NOTHING... This is my last resort! Please help!)

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

im so surprised in the new contribution to see oscthumb and with a package from oct 2007 , why is it announced as a new contribution ?

by the way it s like the imagemagick contribution that have been deleted for obscure reason at the time and i know i discussed that with Chris in the past

since i got image magick installed , what improvement oscthumb would be over imagemagick ?

MS2

OscThumb latest version 1.0.1 is available. Here you can see it in action: http://www.novaxim.linuxpl.com/oscDemo/index.php

Great contribution.

The version of phpthumb is a little dated but it was fairly easy to update it with the latest from source forge. I also found that adding an unsharp mask to my images made them look a lot better. You can easily add your own parameters by adding a line to the _get_params function in the oscthumb.php class. e.g. to add unsharp mask add the following at the end of the function: $params .="&fltr[]=usm|80|0.5|3";

The new tep_image function appears to have an error (I say appears because I'm not an expert), in that the section that adds remaining image parameters has w= for width and h= for height. This caused me problems as IE and Firefox would resize oddly as the page was being built. It also caused google chrome to completely fail displaying some images. Changing it to width= and height= solved the problem.

The only thing I haven't worked out yet is how to force the image size, i.e. distort the image to say 170x170. Any ideas?

If you want to see another example of it working take a look at www.oneofakind.org.uk

Edited by stevea1234

Help I received this error Error: File upload not saved when try to upload the image...

admin/configure.php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.supersave.com.my');
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.supersave.com.my');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.supersave.com.my');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/supersave/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/shop/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/supersave/shop/admin/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/supersave/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Help I received this error Error: File upload not saved when try to upload the image...

This is not oscThumb error. Probably you do not have put authorizations to 'images' directory. Try set 755 or 707 or 777 for this directory (this depends where shop is).