• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where is the newsletter module?

lindsayanng

I just searched around and i could not find the newsletter module!!!

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

ok.. that answer was in german to me.. Are you telling me that it is already in my website but i need to get it out of the folder? Can you please explain that to me??

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Ok i went to my admin, then to modules and it wasnt there.. so then i went to the file directory, then to includes/ect....... and it wasnt there either so i really havent a clue what you are talking about

The answer fo shadow refers to the directory where the module can be found. But you didn't exactly explain what you're looking for. Are you looking for the module to set up a newsletter? So you got to go to admin->tools->newsletters manager. Hope that was english to you even though I'm german... ;)

I need to install the module i guess because i went to ADMIN-TOOLS-Newsletter manager and it opened so i can create a newsletter, but when i click SAVE it says i do not have the NEWSLETTER MODULE.

bump

The module you're looking for is located in admin/includes/modules/newsletters/. The filename is newsletters.php and should be installed by default to the mentioned folder. If not, you can copy it from the installation package. It does not need to be installed in any way, just copy it to the folder.

Here is where the problem is. I now have the module in the correct folder, but when i open the newsletter manager I am still able to create the newsletter, but when i go to save it, a little red bar appears at the top of my screen telling me that the newsletter module is required.

anyone?

this is the exact error that i get when i try to SAVE the newsletter:

Error: Newsletter module required

thank you soo much> i havent gotten to good at searching the old files yet.. THANKS!

ok. so i went to see if that was the case and i went admin-->includes-->modules-->newsletters and there was no such code like the one mentioned in the link to gave to me so i could not make the fix that the link suggested.

can someone please help me?

bmp

ok. so i went to see if that was the case and i went admin-->includes-->modules-->newsletters and there was no such code like the one mentioned in the link to gave to me so i could not make the fix that the link suggested.

Lindsay, you are looking in the wrong file. The correct file for that fix should be admin ->newsletters.php.

Look for on line 41:

if (empty($module)) {

and change it to:

if (empty($newsletter_module)) {

I just did it myself and it works perfectly.

May :)

thankyou very much. THATS ALL I NEEDED!!!!!

I got it working.. THANKS

thankyou very much. THATS ALL I NEEDED!!!!!

I got it working.. THANKS

I have followed the steps above and successfully solved the error msg " Newsletter module required" I used Newsletter Manager to create a newsletter but when i want to send an email to customer, the customer did not receive any email??? why?? anyone can help?

Can you check the path to the email to make sure that it is actually being sent?

I have followed the steps above and successfully solved the error msg " Newsletter module required" I used Newsletter Manager to create a newsletter but when i want to send an email to customer, the customer did not receive any email??? why?? anyone can help?

Nobody receives my newsletters (sent from the newsletter manager) nor emails sent out from the "send email" tool in admin. I think it might have something to do with my hosting company.

I found a better solution for Newsletters though. My host has Phplist already installed (or you can go to their official site http://www.phplist.com/ to download) and all I had to do was to integrated with oscommerce using this contribution (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3976/category,all/search,phplist).

After you integrated with Oscommerce, it will automatically add your customer's emails to the phplist database allowing you to send html (or text) newsletters.

Hope this helps.

May :)

may. that is a GREAT idea - i never thought of that.

cutie, First, i would go to the E-MAIL OPTIONS in the admin control panel. It is located under CONFIGURATION. Make sure that the EMAIL TRANSPORT METHOD is set to SEND MAIL and the SENDMAIL is set to true.

If you configuration is not like how i described, change hat and then try to send mail.

If not, i will try to explain how to find the path that your email is trying to be sent.

may. that is a GREAT idea - i never thought of that.

cutie, First, i would go to the E-MAIL OPTIONS in the admin control panel. It is located under CONFIGURATION. Make sure that the EMAIL TRANSPORT METHOD is set to SEND MAIL and the SENDMAIL is set to true.

If you configuration is not like how i described, change hat and then try to send mail.

If not, i will try to explain how to find the path that your email is trying to be sent.

hi, linsay,

my send email = true

can u guide me how to find the path? thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Send me a PM to remind me and when i have a moment (i'm about to run out the door now) i will see if i can help you out.

Archived