• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offline WAMP system...

Benjjj6

Hey

I was wondering if someone could recommend a user-friendly WAMP program. I'm not great with code so something simple to install would be nice, I just want to be able to upgrade my site offline and make sure it works before changing my live site.

Currently on my live site im using PHP 4.4.7 and MySQL 4.1.22-standard so I assume a program with similar versions would be best.

What can you recommend?

Thanks,

Ben

If you want to use specific versions of PHP & MySQL, then you will have to install the individual programs. There is an entry in "Tips & Tricks" on how to load the individual programs (by Babygurgles).

See: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=243419

There are two programs (that I know of) which will add the 3 programs for you. They are WAMP and XAMPP. I used WAMP and found it very easy to set up. I am running different versions of Apache, PHP & MySQL without a problem.

Remember when you download all the files from your site, that the Database has to be downloaded separately.

thanks for your help.

Im looking on the Apache website for the Windows installer version of Apache although cant find it. In all the instructions it says "Look for the "Win32 Binary (MSI Installer)" version" but I cant find it. It seems you can only download the source for it :-/

any ideas?

Archived