• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image change when attribute changes - drop down menu

SLRwebdesign

I want to have the image for a product change when the customer changes the drop down menu to the desired colour.

I know there is a contribution for this which utilises radio buttons, but I would like to keep the drop down menu.

Any ideas on which contribution to use? :blink:

• 3 months later...
I want to have the image for a product change when the customer changes the drop down menu to the desired colour.

I know there is a contribution for this which utilises radio buttons, but I would like to keep the drop down menu.

Any ideas on which contribution to use? :blink:

I am looking for the same thing, did you ever get a solution??

I am looking for the same thing, did you ever get a solution??

hi..

is it ok if the page refreshes ? ie. similar to the filter in the index page you select a particular category and then a manufacturers dropdown appears.. you click on one of those then the page is refreshed.but the filter is applied..

similarly you could develop a module where in you have pictures associated with the attributes.. when the option is chosen cause the page to resubmit and change the image according to the option given. Not very sure how you want it to behave in case you have more than one attributes. ie. say color and size 2 attributes are present. then how will you map the iamges.. do you want to go for one for each combination of color and size ?

Regards

Hari

PS: I am a developer and sort of see cases in all kinds of problems.. pardon me if I thought too much off it.

• 1 month later...

for me personally i'd like it to change the colour of my item. (this way true colours rather then words can be seen, this eliminates the problem of red is red to me but someone else may think it's burgandy king of problems)

i thinks its bizarre a contribution for a drop down menu selection to just load another pic hasn't been developed/wanted by someone who knows what they are doing. :blink: i would have thought something like in admin each attribute/colour added has an option to upload an image with it, then the image is the only thing that changes on selection not a whole page refresh.(it seems alot of people are after this type of contribution but people who know what they are doing are possibly rolling their eyes at our please for help with it... until you ;) )

And this would give us an alternative to the radio button contribution (which don't get me wrong is great for the example that is shown on that contribution page, but only works for thing like that... to me it seems messy/long winded to have all colours available for a mug say in rows with buttons :blush: ).

my 2 cents... sorry its a sore spot at the moment as i've spent countless hours looking for either a online tshirt designer script/software (which costs a fortune) or this exact contribution for oscommerce and nothing, no replies from any forums, no opinions/tips, no blogs nothing >_<

• 8 months later...