• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customer Specific Discount v1.1 - error message

Thanks to this site, without knowing much code, I've managed to get my store up and running, and nearly completed.

I'm trying to install the Customer Specific Discount v1.1 - as I don't want to change product price classes, I just want a flat discount per customer class. I'm running the CVS-2.2 and the only other modification was the store pick-up contribution - I really haven't changed very much.

Anyhow, I've installed the two files, and ensured they were in place, I've edited the code (copy and paste) according the contribution files. I've double checked all those files, and code, and things seem to be exactly how they should be.

When I go to the admin/customers area, and click a customer to edit, I ge the following error message:

1054 - Unknown column 'c.customer_discount' in 'field list'

select c.customers_gender, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_dob, c.customers_email_address, a.entry_company, a.entry_street_address, a.entry_suburb, a.entry_postcode, a.entry_city, a.entry_state, a.entry_zone_id, a.entry_country_id, c.customers_telephone, c.customers_fax, c.customers_newsletter, c.customer_discount, c.customers_default_address_id from customers c left join address_book a on c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id where a.customers_id = c.customers_id and c.customers_id = '3'

[TEP STOP]

The only part of the install instructions I haven't done anything with (because I don't understand what to edit), is this line from the contribution README.TXT:

You need to add one field to the customers table. Here is the SQL statement that would accomplish this :

ALTER TABLE customers ADD customer_discount DECIMAL(5,2) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

Could someone please tell me in plain english what code I need to remove or change and in what files those are located in??? I would appreciate any help that could be provided to a newbie to code. Thanks!

Jolyn

You need to run that code on your SQL database.

The best way for me to accomplish that is to use: PHPMyAdmin

Download it, on phpmyadmin.net upload it to your web-root

go to te phpmyadmin dir, select the database, select: SQL

Copy & Paste the code in the query box, and run it, that should fix your problem.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." George W. Bush, Jr