• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

DISCOUNT COUPON TOTAL INCORRECT

Bit_dippy

Hi, can anyone shed some light on my problem please. I have searched and searched the forum but can't find an answer to this problem.

I have installed the Discount Coupon Cont and all of the contribution works well except for one little thing. Although the coupon shows up on the confirm order page, it doesn't actually get taken off the price. The admin section allows you to set it so that it can be shown as off the subtotal or not off the subtotal - if I set it to true the coupon shows correctly - but it doesn't show as coming off the subtotal price. If I set it to false, the coupon still shows correctly but it doesn't come off the total either. It also doesn't seem to matter what sort order I have the order total in, I have tried all variations, but it still doesn't come off.

So the equation is all there but it doesn't do the maths.

i.e items in cart 17.99+4.95p&p = 22.94 discount coupon of 10% -1.60 so the total should say 21.34, however it will still read 22.94. Even if I set it to true to show as coming off the subtotal, the subtotal will still say 17.99.

Many thanks in anticipation of anyones help.

Bit_dippy

• 3 years later...

Hi, can anyone shed some light on my problem please. I have searched and searched the forum but can't find an answer to this problem.

I have installed the Discount Coupon Cont and all of the contribution works well except for one little thing. Although the coupon shows up on the confirm order page, it doesn't actually get taken off the price. The admin section allows you to set it so that it can be shown as off the subtotal or not off the subtotal - if I set it to true the coupon shows correctly - but it doesn't show as coming off the subtotal price. If I set it to false, the coupon still shows correctly but it doesn't come off the total either. It also doesn't seem to matter what sort order I have the order total in, I have tried all variations, but it still doesn't come off.

So the equation is all there but it doesn't do the maths.

i.e items in cart 17.99+4.95p&p = 22.94 discount coupon of 10% -1.60 so the total should say 21.34, however it will still read 22.94. Even if I set it to true to show as coming off the subtotal, the subtotal will still say 17.99.

Many thanks in anticipation of anyones help.

Bit_dippy

Anyone have a fix to this. I am having the same problem. Discount shows up, but won't amend the total.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have a fix to this. I am having the same problem. Discount shows up, but won't amend the total.

Hello,

You can rearrange the order of which the coupon is displayed in the order total. If you login to your admin area, go to MODULES > ORDER TOTAL.

From there, you will see Discount Coupons, Total, Low Order, etc. You need to order these items numerically to display properly. For instance, in one of our stores, we have the order as:

SUBTOTAL (1)

DISCOUNT COUPONS (2)

SHIPPING (3)

TAX (4)

TOTAL (5)

You can edit the order by selecting the item and editing it. Just change the value in the "Sort Order" field.

Hope this helps? Good luck!

:)