• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Controller v5.1

Ajeh

I have visited your site Linda, and its very interesting.

I have left a small thank you in your donations box - perhaps if everyone did the same it would be a small compensation for the hours Linda is putting in for us.

That Mod is going to make a big difference for me when we make $$$$$$ we can chuck some more in?

Thanks for your work Linda

Thanks Cliff,

That really helps a lot. I am trying to take off as much time from work as I can to work on this and that helps off set things, to say the least.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda has an incredable 4,277 posts to her name, such is the amount of good will, and might I say generosity she has. A lot of people are very grateful for her to share her knowledge and time with them. I do'nt think that many of those posts where seeking knowledge.

I have read every page of this thread, and see you spend time with people that do'nt grasp a basic element, that could well be me through lack of php knowledge or fatigue.

These forums are knowledge mines, supplied by everybody that have had help themselves and pay back through helping others. I get a buzz if there is something I know that points someone in the right direction.

Then there are blockbuster contributions like this one that would cost a lot of money to have written, and a lot of people can't afford that.

Such is the popularity of this thread there are 28 pages with say 2 new people postings per page, that if donated only $10 that would pay Linda $560. Divide that by the hours Linda has worked on this project and she would be working for 50 cents an hour or less! But it helps!

Making a donation does'nt 'buy' your time unless of course you pay the going rate. I am guilty as the next man, willing you on over a steaming keyboard because I damn need this update. so a visit to your website's donation corner would be appropriate.

Thanks for your help!

What goes up MUST come down

It would be nice, Cliff ... to say the least.

That is not necessarily why I write these Add-ons, though I do appreciate the donations.

I have to admit all of the hours that go into these add-ons ... especially the Attributes Sorter and Copier and Quantity Controller have been amazing.

I have tried to write these and keep them current as each major change has come to osCommerce so that others can benefit from them too.

Each new version brings with it a lot of new features that I wish I had thought of the first time through ... a 1000+ hours of ago. :D

But, that is part of what makes them better each time around.

I am really liking how this one is unfolding ... and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully, that also means the release is just around the corner.

Dinner time first ... then back to writting.

I do hope you will find this Add-on as useful as the others in the past and well worth the wait. 8)

After going throught the mods on your site, I think that there is most of them I would incorporate into My shop.

I saw a request to merge your mods into one, that you said you did'nt want to do that, and a can see good reason why you should'nt.

Have you a fully Modded board as an extra that would be a good platform for new shops to start from. I would scrap mine and build again from yours for instance.

Then there are the shops that are too modded to do this, and could add the single mods as they need them.

You may have a fully 'Linda' Modded board that you test already to make sure they all work together, perhaps mod could be turned off and on in admin?

The only Mod I would add to ours is the option_type_chandre-v1.4

Is this possible or practicle?

What goes up MUST come down

Looks awsome, but I have a few questions. I apologize if these are repeats.

1 Backing up files.. is that mean to make copies of every file? Or is there a simpler way in cPanel or something similair?

2 I undestand how I must add some lines of text to php files (as it is explained in your installation.txt) but I do not understand how to use the database changes, where should I input these functions?

Thanks again and I apologize if these questions are repeats.

- Gian

Linda, I have tried to sift through all 28 pages, but could not find a definate answer...

will the new version for MS1 offer site wide qty discounts????

I mean like 10-19 items (any items at all, any combination) 5% disount

20+ items 10% discount

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

After going throught the mods on your site, I think that there is most of them I would incorporate into My shop.  

I saw a request to merge your mods into one, that you said you did'nt want to do that, and a can see good reason why you should'nt.

Have you a fully Modded board as an extra that would be a good platform for new shops to start from. I would scrap mine and build again from yours for instance.

One I have all of the Add-ons I have written brought up to date making a shop from them all will be a lot easier.

At some point, I can look into putting together the Everything Shop which would have them all installed.

But first ... let me get everything up to date on an individual basis.

• 2 months later...

Hi Linda,

I have two options in each product and the minimum quantity order is depends on the option users choose, let's say option 1's minimum order quantity is 30 and option 2's minimum order quantity is 100. is your contribution doing this by modifying it? Also, I found out the quantity controller is great but just a bit too much for me to change the code, is it possible to just install some of the features in the contribution? Thank you very much.

Mike

• 11 months later...