• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Controller v5.1

Ajeh

Not tried it before but I have now, it's just the same I am afraid :(

I am not too worried because I can fix it by changing

<base href="<?php echo (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on' ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

to

<base href="<?php echo (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on' ? HTTP_SERVER : HTTPS_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

on all the pages that Should be https.

I only asked because for some reason your fix worked with V5 (on the checkout pages but not login) but not V5.1

Best wishes

Steve

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda.

Earlier in this thread:

:D  

Linda,  

Your contribution is really nice, just what I need...

but I only need the quantity discount part for a particular client.

Would it be too difficult to list what parts make it work.   I am comfortable with PHP and can put together things - however I am still learning the programming end of it.

Many thanks,

Kirill

I too would be interested in a breakout of just the quantity discount. Is this a possibility? Great work on your contributions, but taking all of "Free for Call" would be overkill for some of us just wanting the quantity discount. Whaddayathink?

Keep up the great work. Thanks!

Mark in Dayton

:?

Linda,

Hate to bombard you with redundant question... how difficult would it be to strip only the Quantity discount part.

If you can just list which files comprise this part of the module - true to the name, I only need the Quantity discount feature, and since I am working with an older snapshot, I do not want to create compatibility problems by loading the complete contribution.

Thanks for sharing ?

Kirill

There are 27,000 changes that tie into the quantity discount ... :shock:

When I get some time I will see if I can break them all out and make it functional on an old version.

What snapshot are you on?

chalk... is that the new stylus for the table PC.

Since I do not know how free your time is... I will start reverse engineering the quantity controller with picture option (since they are so close together in the code)... I can send you the notes of my progress...

Kirill

:wink:

Hi ! Ajej.

Firts thanks for your work.

I want customer can't see the price until they are login.

They can browse the shop but can not see the price before login.

You wrote:

Quantity Minimum/Units

Quantity Discounts up to 4 per product

List, Rebate and Savings Prices

Downloads Controller

Free Shipping and Payment

*******Forced Login Option with show/hide prices*******

Down for Maintenance Option with show or hide store/prices

MO Pic with modifications........

Please advise me.

Thanks again.

Oh that Hide Prices .... :D

If you look in the language files either the /languages/webmakers_added_languages.php or the /languages/english/quantity_control.php you will find most all settings in those files.

You have to configure it to Hide Prices based on your login settings set in webmakers_added_languages.php file.

// Purchases and/or Prices off until logged in

define('NO_LOGIN_NO_PURCHASES','1'); // 0= false 1= true no login no buying

define('NO_LOGIN_NO_PRICES','0'); // 0= false 1= true no login no prices

define('NO_LOGIN_NO_PRICES_DISPLAY','Login for Price'); // Display something for price could be text or an image

define('NO_LOGIN_NO_PRICES_TEXT_SHOW','1'); // 0= off 1= on no login show login text message

define('NO_LOGIN_NO_PRICES_TEXT','Please login to shop ...'); // no login message when no prices

define('NO_LOGIN_SHOW_LOGIN_BUTTON','1'); // 0=false 1=true no login show the login button where add to cart button would be on product_info

I tried to write that for as many variations as might be needed to be able to easily make the catalog a show room, online price guide and have the flexibility to control how the user interacts with the shop.

Also the handy dandy Down for Maintainance I hope will be of help to people as well on that.

As everything is just a switch to control the whole shop, it makes it way easier to change a shop from one kind to another.

Hi Linda, I have loaded quantity controller v5.1 and everything appears to be working fine...

However, I cannot figure out how the heck to get the "out of stock" to work!! When I set the quantity to 0, it just shows "available in stock = 0" instead of "out of stock". Also, the site allows me to check out even though I set the "allow checkout" to false on the admin page...

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

What I want to happen is for the product info page to show the products but instead of the checkout button, it changes to out of stock image and the quantity shows " out of stock"

Is this how the contribution works??

my test site is at: www.antdot.com. Please help! I am getting so frustrated!

The allow checkout let's you get to the first screen of checkout ... but click continue and you will be returned to the Shopping Cart if a sold out product is in the cart.

The Available in Stock can be turned off using the code a few msgs back that needs to be added to the products_info.php file for when stock is less than 1.

When I am more awake I will check on the images for out of stock.

I have that in the Free Call for Price, but I do not recall having put that in this version of Quantity Controller yet to change the add to cart to a sold out or out of stock image or text.

You could use the IF statement for not showing the Available in Stock when quantity is < 1 to display an image or text until I get out the next version. Basically that is how that would work based on a few options of show sold out image or text or nothing, etc. when sold out.

Youre absolutely right Linda!

I continued the checkout process, and it reloaded back to the product info.

Also, I must have confused both of your contributions :lol: , but I do recall your description of quantity controller v5.1 on your site as having an "out of stock" feature, then again, perhaps I might have read what I wanted to read...

It would be great though to have that feature incorporated...

I figure that you might as well since youre already controlling the quantity!

Thanks for the great work linda! Im assuming that the free call for price contribution currently doesnt play well with quantity controller?

Not at the moment. When I come out with the re-write they will work together, but it is out dated and I am re-doing the logic on the Free Call for Price so it's a bit more friendly ... I think :D

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the latest snapshot Daily CVS Snapshot (01/01/2003) which is support to be 2.2. I also downloaded your 5.1+language+patch files.

I noticed that some files in the Snapshot are newer that your Contribution. For example file catalogincludesclassesboxes.php had ver 1.3 for the snapshop and 1.28 for your contribution. What should I do?

Also, can you please have a version that matches the stable 2.1 version of the catalog. This way any new changes will not affect both yours and osCommerce versions.

Thanks for a great add-on.

I do not write add-ons for contributions for v2.1, sorry.

You will need to add the new updates from the current snapshot to the files.

Beyond Compare is pretty helpful for doing this.

Otherwise, you will have to wait until I put out a more current release if you do not do this yourself. :shock:

I put out updates as I add new features or fix bugs, etc.

Actually I am ... :D

I was scribbling notes on this this morning over coffee and a smoke for putting it together to work seperately as well as with Quantity Controller and Attributes Sorter and Copier.