• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Controller v5.1

Ajeh

That is why I said to change them to decimal 15,4 ... somewhere I goobered up my database when fooling with this and pasted in the wrong settings.

I didn't read this whole thread. Did go through the one for version 5.0 really quick and didn't see it there. Must have skimmed to fast. :)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the error is most likely in both the documentation for v5.0 and v5.1

There are additional bells and whistles in v5.1 if you have not upgraded to that.

v5.2 should be done soon ... but someone stuck a holiday of all things in there this week :shock:

Relatives to the left of me ... relatives to the right of me ... I am surrounded! :wink:

with the rebate price. was this part of it disigned to use like a mail in ccash back voucher that after recieving there products they send to us

also i was able to aply the box fotters to all the boxs except for catagories, search and reviews

Always open to sugestions on my site to make it better

No, the Rebate feature is for if you are selling products that include actual mail-in rebates for the customer to send in somewhere.

This let's you show that they will receive additional savings using the mail-in rebate on various products.

Hi Linda! Module is working GREAT!!!! Quick question - seems that in the quantity discount area - that the prices are showing without decimals and they are rounding down = ex: I put in $10.51 to be a discount for 6 quantity but it shows $10.00 instead = Where do I set the decimal amounts in the quantity discount pricing? I remember seeing something about that in the forum but can't find it again - sorry if you already answered this - I was looking!!!!

Thanks!

Somewhere in one of these threads I posted change the products_discount1 - products_discount4 to be decimal 15,4

That makes it work a lot better. :D

I had a messy in my products table when I wrote the docs ... :shock:

Linda,

Is there a way to display the list and price in the products listing without going into the item to see the List price. Also am I able to display the list & sale price in the New Products box.

Thanks in advance.

Nev

PS, Once I've got this working, I will definatly be making a PayPal donation. :)

I have functions for each of the prices.

If you look at the /includes/functions/webmakers_added_functions.php file, there is a tep_get_products_list_price, tep_get_products_rebate_price etc. function for just about everything.

I would use these to get the peices and parts when they are not already available to me in the normal select statement or cannot easily be added to it.

If you look in /includes/modules/products_rebate.php and /products_rebate.php you can see how the rebate price is obtained.

This was made from the new_products.php and modified.

And ... thanks in advance for the donation. It really helps ... to say the least :D

Hi Linda

Thanks for all your help in other topics and this sweet contribution,

I have installed some of it, but really needed to know is forced login and down for maintainence something that is turned on and off from within admin, because I can't seem to find them.

Probably just need to modify a file I was afraid of replacing.

Thanks again

The language files have all the definitions. /includes/languages/webmakers_added_languages.php and includes/languages/english/quantity_controller.php ... things like:

// Down for Maintenace turns off In Cart and Buy Now Buttons and/or Prices

define('FILENAME_DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE','down_for_maintenance.php'); // Down for Maintenance No Store

define('DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_NO_STORE','0'); // 0= false 1= true No Store Shows

define('DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE','0'); // 0= false 1= true store shows but hides cart hides checkout

define('DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_NO_PRICES','0'); // 0= false 1=true hides prices when down for maintenance

define('DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_NO_PRICES_DISPLAY','Down for Maintenance'); // Display something for prices could be text or an image

define('DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_LOGIN_OFF','1'); // 0= false 1=true no login no my account no cart no checkout

define('DOWN_FOR_MAINTENANCE_TEXT','Down for Maintenance ... Please try back later'); // Message to display when down for maintenance

// Customer must login or create an account to see store

define('CUSTOMER_MUST_LOGIN','0'); // 0= false 1= true

Peek in those ... they make the world of difference in how things function :shock:

Glad this is working for you.

I am hoping v5.2 is even better for everyone. A lot more features and almost have Free Call for Price working for many of the options with just price modifications and Admin settings on the product definition page.

This new version should be pretty good once it is tested out by you nice guinea pigs ... er ... ummm ... tried out by you nice folks ... :D

With luck it will be available any time within the next hour to 3 days :roll:

your contribuition is awesome....

I was wondering if u could help me...I am from Brazil ...so I ?ll try to explain..

how can use the TOTAL (or the total shown in cart) as a variable...

I explain it better...I need to use the TOTAL (the amount of money that the person is supposed to pay) in another application....One kind of financial application that allows the person to pay in installments...

But to make it possible i need to specify this amount....and I am having problems to do so...as i cannot get this value....(i don't find it in the data bank???)

Please help me...

Thanx

Excuse me Linda,

Sorry for being thick here for a moment...but where to enable down_for_maintenance?    :?:

There is a file in the languages folder which is named webmakers_add_languages.php. All the settings are in that file.

how can use the TOTAL (or the total shown in cart) as a variable...

You can get the total in the cart formated with:

<?php echo $currencies->format($cart->show_total()); ?>

Unformatted with:

<?php echo $cart->show_total(); ?>

Linda.

Earlier in this thread:

:D  

Linda,  

Your contribution is really nice, just what I need...

but I only need the quantity discount part for a particular client.

Would it be too difficult to list what parts make it work.   I am comfortable with PHP and can put together things - however I am still learning the programming end of it.

Many thanks,

Kirill

I too would be interested in a breakout of just the quantity discount. Is this a possibility? Great work on your contributions, but taking all of "Free for Call" would be overkill for some of us just wanting the quantity discount. Whaddayathink?

Keep up the great work. Thanks!

Mark in Dayton

Hi Linda

This is a fantastic Mod, well done and as soon as I get my store live I will be visiting the "Donations" section of your site :wink:

You may remember that I was having probs with the security alert thing (images were being called from http on the https pages), well when I installed your Q.C. V5 it fixed this problem on the checkout pages (although I still got the alert on the login and account pages) but with Q.C. V5.1 I still get the alert on all HTTPS pages :?: any ideas on what is going on ? The store I am building is at http://www.livefoodshop.co.uk/catalog/default.php

Best wishes

Steve

I do not get any secure errors using IE 6.0

I tried it all the way through checkout.

I tried not being logged in and hitting Review

I tried not being logged in and hitting Product Notify

All are working correctly. No Security Alerts for the pages.

What is the exact message you are getting? What browser are you on when you get it?

I do not get the security alert with IE6 (I never did even before the "fix") but I don't get the gold padlock either which I did get with the Q.C. V5 fiX (but only on the checkout pages) My machine with IE5 on it is not working at present so I have not tested it with IE5 but I am assuming that it will still give the alert because all the images on the https pages are still being called from the http address, hence the missing gold padlock.

Best wishes

Steve

I don't get the gold lock either on your site. :(

I really have to think this is a configuration issue with your server or how the configure.php is setup.

I have used this modification a lot of sites and never lost a gold lock before ... until you ... :shock:

Does a clean unaltered version of osC have the gold lock on secure pages when the only difference between the configure.php files is the directory name for the shop?

It was just the same with a "clean" install

Hee is my catalog/includes/configure.php

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.livefoodshop.co.uk'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://sslrelay.com/livefoodshop.co.uk'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be NULL for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/'); // If "URL fopen wrappers" are enabled in PHP (which they are in the default configuration), this can be a URL instead of a local pathname

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/homepages/4/d72430247/htdocs');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/homepages/4/d72430247/htdocs/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be NULL for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '************');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '***********');

define('DB_DATABASE', '****************');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

Best wishes

Steve

Did we ever try using:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

And ...

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'