• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Controller v5.1

Ajeh

right again Linda!! Added the content to the english.php file

any ideas of the images?

in the admin area, the images are NOT calling to the right directories anymore - I don't know why.

Anyway, they are calling to http://www.mydomain.com/images

But I need them to call to: http://www.mydomain.com/mystore/images

I reviewed the admin config file and don't see why it isn't taking the information change.

Thoughts?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the functions loaded and the language files ...

You look at categories.php to edit a product but no images show on the preview or no names show on the fields where you enter the names and prices?

no images show anywhere...

the admin area isn't calling to the right directory now for some reason but the config file looks like it is setup correctly.

The images aren't showing up anywhere on the site

Also, as dumb a question as this sounds, where are the images stored when they are added to a product?

Well ... this might be your configure.php or your cache or something. I don't deviate from the directories of the configure.php files.

How about close all browser windows ... clear your cache and take a peek :D

i fixed the tax problem

i deleted all my tax zones and classes and made a new one and now i have tax showing every where

thanks linda for one of the best mods ive seen for this product

now all i have to figure out is how to add your free call for price mod with this one

Always open to sugestions on my site to make it better

Only things not written for November and newer.

Mine is based on November 23rd ...

NOTE: there were a lot of changes since Nov 1 - Nov 23 and things written prior to Nov 1 usually do not have the correct code/databases etc.

It really depends on what you are trying to do.

I included a few of the more often called for Add-Ons that can be a pain to add with other add-ons.

Also, as I write I usually build from one group of Add-Ons to the next.

Free Call for Price is the next Add-On and will be a complete re-write to work with the new code as well as I am smarter than I once was ... :shock:

At least I like to think so ... 8)

The fun part will be an additional update module for folks who have the old Free Call for Price so that they do not have to edit all their product. In theory I know how I want this to work ... I might even be able to do it in reality ... maybe ... :roll:

Keep track of what and how you are installing things so as updates happen you can stay current.

If you update at least once a week using something like Beyond Compare your life will be a lot better for it.

where is the stylesheet to change the colors of the top tabs and text colors that are added for each category?

Also, how to I deactivate some of the features - ie -

categories to be listed without dropdown box

turn on/off the must login to shop note, etc - and how to change those colors as well

Thanks!

where is the stylesheet to change the colors of the top tabs and text colors that are added for each category?

The stylesheet I provided has the new styles commented for Category Tabs and other additions that I made such as Shopping Cart Styles, Pricing Table styles etc.

Also, how to I deactivate some of the features - ie - categories to be listed without dropdown box

In the /includes/languages/webmakers_added_languages.php

// Category Scroll Box Options

define('CATEGORIES_BOX_SCROLL_LIST_ON','1'); // off= 0  on= 1

define('CATEGORIES_SCROLL_BOX_LEN','7'); // Size of Scroll Box

turn on/off the must login to shop note, etc - and how to change those colors as well

define('NO_LOGIN_NO_PRICES_TEXT_SHOW','0'); // 0= off 1= on no login show login text message

Hi Linda,

I was just curious. How do mods get folded into the main

product? I was just starting to look through the mods you've made

(which look great), but are we bordering on a fork from the

main osC source path?

It would be great if some of these could be folded back

into the main tree, otherwise...could we be putting our

feet on two different branches of a fork...

How closely do you work with hpdl and co.?

Charlie

I am trying to add enhancements that might be reviewed sometime and added in to the existing source.

As time goes on, they will be reviewed like everything else.

My changes and enhancements in the Add-Ons are ones I feel are especially necessary for a shop owner. But that is a personal opinion :wink:

I try to document the code changes so that they are obvious where the changes take place for the bulk of the code and make the modifications as painless as I possibly can.

Being an osC Team member does not mean code is auto accepted by any means. The more folks who use the code, however or voice a need for the code I am sure the better.

Hey Linda,

Just wondering, do you know if your column controller contrib or the upgrade (v2.0) will work with this contrib?

Also, I just added the new_pages contrib and it seems to be that everything is working except the columns on the new page are off now - for example - I click on about us page (new page) and the page that presents has the end columns inset about 2 columns - the contrib was written for an earlier snapshot but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thanks!

:D

Linda,

Your contribution is really nice, just what I need...

but I only need the quantity discount part for a particular client.

Would it be too difficult to list what parts make it work. I am comfortable with PHP and can put together things - however I am still learning the programming end of it.

Many thanks,

Kirill

Just wondering, do you know if your column controller contrib or the upgrade (v2.0) will work with this contrib?

I am not sure, but I would think that it would not be interferring with anything. You would need to check the loginbox to it as I use that code and have modified it past my modifications that were used in the column controller v2.0 ... which I did not write that update to my original version.

Also, I just added the new_pages contrib and it seems to be that everything is working except the columns on the new page are off now - for example - I click on about us page (new page) and the page that presents has the end columns inset about 2 columns - the contrib was written for an earlier snapshot but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to fix this.

I have not worked with that one. You might try a view source and see if you can see where you are missing <table>, <tr> or <td> settings to balance things.

Hi, I have quantity discount working, thanks, but I cannot for the life of me find out where to turn off features (specifically the customer must login first) - can't find it in app_top, or the the admin panel.

Suggestions? Thanks, Alex Kerin

You could peek in the language definition files ... :shock:

More specifically as they are not language specific, those are defined in:

/catalog/includes/languages/webmakers_added_languages.php

This file also loads additional language specific files where other definitions are located.

Does this fix the error in discount pricing where you can't have decimals in your prices?

In the Readme.txt for Quantity Controller 5.0 is has the following specification:

products_discount1  int(6)   No  0  

products_discount2  int(6)   No  0  

products_discount3  int(6)   No  0  

products_discount4  int(6)   No  0  

Since these are in fact where the discount prices are to be stored shouldn't they be DECIMAL (15,4) so that a real world price can be input.

One of my stores sells herbs and botanicals and the prices would work out to be something like: 1-3 $1.99; 4-7 $1.59; 8-15 $1.39; 16+ $0.99.

With the specifications given in the distribution, these real world prices would not be possible.

That is why I said to change them to decimal 15,4 ... somewhere I goobered up my database when fooling with this and pasted in the wrong settings.

Works way better when the quantity prices match the regular prices in type and size :D