• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Controller v5.1

Ajeh

Hi Linda,

Does your contribution work with other types form fields besides the normal drop-down list such as select, checkbox, radio, and select multiple?

I found another contribution that does this called Attributes option type selection http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,766

If yours doesn't handle the other types or form fields, do you think the two could somehow work together?

Thanks!

Mary

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping to include something like this in a future release of the Attributes Sorter and Copier.

I am not sure if it will be in the next release, but it is on the To Do List.

Linda,

Any chance of getting the list and rebate pricing into MS1? That is a critical upgrade.

It will either be in the next release of the Attributes Sorter and Copier or in the Quantity Controller.

I prefer to merge these two Add-ons together as all of the modifications for them basically occure in the same files and it would be easier to maintain.

Hi,

here is the problem

product attributes price is shown as savings in shopping cart

what i mean is when i add product with price 200 and attribute price 100, insted of showing just total 300 it shows me

product price 200

attribute +100

before savings 300

savings 100

sub total 200

does anyone else has the same problem or its just me?

where to look for the solution?

thanks in advance

P.S: During checkout it works fine, it shows total as 300 + shipping

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone :)

I have installed the QC 5.1 and I think I have all the kinks figured out except this one....

I get this at the footer ...

Error!

Unable to determine connection method on a link!

Known methods: NONSSL SSL

And the footer doens't show....

Any Ideas?

Ok...never mind about the above problem...got that fixed :o

Now... another problem...

If I use the quantity discount feature, it does not hold the value I input...

exemple:

1 costs 10.95

3 or more costs 9.85 each.

I enter all that in the admin area and when I view it on the catalog, it is showing

Quantity Discounts

1-2 | 3+

$11.85 | $9.74

Now if I go back to the admin area, it shows...

Quantity Discounts:

3 $9.00

Average Rating: 0.00%

Any ideas on this one?

Linda,

I have been to your site a number of times and can see how things might work, but can't figure out how to download. Do I have to go through the checkout process before being taken to the downloader? It's a bit confusing. thanks.

nope no instructions for MS1

Only MS1 instructions I have are ... "Not made for MS1 ..." ... :shock:

Sorry ... have to wait on the re-write.

I am just gonna shoot myself for this one :x

One of these days I'll learn to read the whole thread before trying to install a contrib :?

Linda, any ideas as to when you might release the Controller that will work with MS1?

Thanks,

AWESOME!

I just burnt the last of my brain cells between last night and tonight trying to get this thing working on MS1....got close but not enough. :crazy:

Only if I had read the whole thread before I started *sigh*....

One of these days I'll learn LOL

Thanks Linda! :D

One thing that sometimes helps is to look through the code changes via Beyond Compare and check the version tags.

Most of the time, I try to keep those version tags up to date so that even though they are modified files you can see what version of a file the code is derrived from.

Also check the date of a contribution. Or, when it doubt, it is a good idea to ask as the code is updated and there are times when a version of an Add-on will not work without significant changes.

Now, this does not mean to say that I did not learn to do those things the same way you did ... by adding an Add-on only to find I made a terrible mess of my code by doing so. :shock:

Backups are a wonderful thing. :D

Linda, Just wanted to plead insanity - brain shrivelled to a prune!

I am still banging on about my attribute charges, I can't beleive how hard this is to do.

I just want to give an attribute a value cost added and not have it multiplied by the product cost, just added as a one off cost.

I think you said it can be done in your version when updated. I am running with Chandre's type Mod as well, do you think this will clash with yours?

What goes up MUST come down

This will be part of my new release.

The Attributes Calculator effects the display price.

As to the individual attributes there is a calculation for discounts, but this should not be terribly hard to impliment.

Hi Linda,

i just now saw in my admin --> Customes --> orders i get the error in the middle of page

1054 - Unknown column 'new_value' in 'field list'

select new_value, old_value, date_added, customer_notified from orders_status_history where orders_id = '29' order by orders_status_history_id desc

[TEP STOP]

i checked in my backups and this is just after installing quantity controller 5.1

i figured it is coz of change in admin/orders.php from

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . tep_db_input($oID) . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . $customer_notified . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");

to

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, new_value, old_value, date_added, customer_notified) values ('" . tep_db_input($oID) . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', '" . $check_status['orders_status'] . "', now(), '" . $customer_notified . "')");

i am not sure what to do

1) put the old code back in position

2) add new column in database

3) change

new_value, old_value,

to

orders_status_id,

i am on snapshot-2003-02-06

thanks

The code is based on the older structure.

You either need to edit any of that or put back the code where it was when it was working and wait for the next update.

I see you have posted some info on option_type_feature-v1.4. forum I have used this Mod on my shop. Working OK

Do you think that there could be any clashes with your Quantity Controller Mod with the option_type_feature-v1.4 Mod ?

I have visited your site Linda, and its very interesting.

I have left a small thank you in your donations box - perhaps if everyone did the same it would be a small compensation for the hours Linda is putting in for us.

That Mod is going to make a big difference for me when we make $$$$$$ we can chuck some more in?

Thanks for your work Linda