The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Controller v5.1

Ajeh

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i have downloaded the files

but i do not understand the instructions .

maybe im just reading them wrong

need a little hand holding here please !

what do i do with the files in the dirs inside the zip.?

i already have a heavly modified cart

do i overwrite mine or what ?

it does not say what to do with them

help !

As with any Add-on, you may have to do some editing to the code to bring it current with the particular snapshot you are using.

I cannot think why you would not have that particular function based on the snapshot you are using.

what do i do with the files in the dirs inside the zip.?

i already have a heavly modified cart

do i overwrite mine or what ?

it does not say what to do with them

help !

Depending on what version of the Add-on you have, there should be a README file that explains how to install it.

Any existing files, you need to use something like Beyond Compare and see what is needed to update your files.

Don't just overwrite your files unless you first compare the code.

At some point I will re-write that along with all the other Add-ons that I have created to be compatible with MS1.

When that will be, depends on when I get all that spare time I have heard rumors about ... rather elusive if you ask me ... :D

That is a problem with these free add-ons on software ...

People have to make a living doing those silly real world things first, and then instead of relaxing, reading, sleeping, etc. take the time to re-write code for the rest of the world for Add-ons that make life grand ... :D

Afraid that means there is not a set date and time for updating Add-ons.

Why not integerate it into the osc's core.

Can something be done, so that whenever a new release of osc comes out, one only has to do a few changes or just have a sort of a template to update it according to the new released versions of the cart.

My add-ons will be reviewed just like everyone else's.

There is not much way around touching the code when it comes to new pricing methods etc.

Version 5.1 is better at this than the older version. I am hoping the next version is even better.

Now just find me a nice company to hire me to sit here and write code all day and I can create even something better ... :D

Unfortunately, these Add-ons are done in the wee hours of the morning. So they take longer to develop.

Hi, I've been trying to get the Quantity Controller to work with the more recent releases of OSC 2.2 and have most things addressed but still a few problems.

One of these is that when I access the catalog the "below header" message is Green and says "TESTING: Shipping" I am guessing there is a setting somewhere that turns this on or off, but I can't seem to locate it. This is also effecting the checkout procedure as the Shipping choices are not displaying.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Okay one other problem (same situation as in previous post)

The quantity discount feature is working in the Admin side. I can add the quantities and it is displaying in all the proper places.

On the catalog side, when I attempt to purchase an item that has a quantity discount, the discount is not registered or displayed as being available in any of the screens.

1) Not sure where I should see this information - should it show up in the product description? When you have enough in your cart that brings you to a quanitity discount is it reflected there? Is it only reflected when you check out?

2) Knowing the answers to 1 - any ideas why this is not showing up? I did have to re-code most everything and could certainly have missed a crucial piece.

Paul

Hi,

since i am have loaded quite a few contributions it took 4-5 installation of Quantity Controller to make it work, but now the problem is when i hit on checkout after login it shows me blank page...

snapshot is about 10 days old

any idea where the problem might be and where to look for it?

any lead will be appriciated

thank you

Sounds like some of your pages were either not loaded or not brought current to the snapshot.

Quantity Controller v5.1 older and uses different code in many areas. You will need to update that code so that the shopping_cart.php and order_details.php and checkout files use the new quantities discounts for a product.

My contributions are so fussy when you don't add in all the new code ... 8)

Just make sure to do good backs prior to adding any of both your code and your database files.

The slowly read the README.txt file. In theory, I cover all of the needed changes there. Granted occaisional typos happen, but ... such is the life of an elf ... :shock:

Hey all. I'm having some major difficulty with the admin section and was hoping someone could help me out. When I added new products on the old site, there was a section off the right that you could modify the category/products. After I uploaded the new files froom the quantity controller (5.1) these don't exist. when i add a products, i don't have the option to insert it when i am previewing. what i find interesting, is that the end of the url reads read=only. Is anyone out there that can help me?

thanks guys/girls,

-- Steve

If you are using a recent version of OSCommerce (e.g., late Jan or Feb build) you will have to make a lot of changes by hand. I ran into the same problem as some of the files have been modified since the QC 5.1 was created. I address I had to go into the new files (os commerce files) and compare the QC files and then manually put the new pieces into the correct spots for the new files.

Paul

got it!

commented out

<td colspan="2" class="main" align="right"><?php echo 'Available In Stock: ' . $product_info_values['products_quantity']; ?></td>

from catalog/product_info.php praying that it wont cause any problem

thanks