• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Quantity Controller v5.1

Ajeh

Hello @all

the test shop is running now but some questions i can not answer my self.

some times i have for one product 16 versions like model 1 until model 7 per page.

the product attribute is to far below so that the customer dont know,

what is model 1 or 2 etc. , if he wonna order a special model.

where i can add (and how ?)under the pictures, i have for the products, one line which i can edit ?

like: model 1 or NAME OF PRODUCT

http://business-bali.com/test/catalog/cata...products_id/101

or is it better to make for each model a single page ?

Then have von one product over 400 sites . is ther a way out ?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda are you going to release a version of your add ons with all the modules included for example attribute sorter, quantity controller and freecall. So that to add different modules on people do not have to spend hours trying to work out what files need to be modified so that everything works ok. I am not very experienced with php so adding new things to my cart is a real headache. Thanks

At some point yes.

Before people wanted everything seperate, so I have not combined things yet.

When I am done with them as seperate Add-ons and have the time I will combine them together.

When you created the field in the database. The default should be set to 0

If you have already been adding changes to that field, you can do an update and set it to 1 and same with products_quantity_order_units

Update products set  products_quantity_order_min=1 where  products_quantity_order_min=0

Update products set products_quantity_order_units=1 where products_quantity_order_units=0

Thanks Linda. I use the original files and this work :lol: ... so when i try to update some file to the new Snapshot i have some problems ... :cry:

I need use this contribution with :arrow: Snapshot 01/30/2003, so i want combinate the new tax and checkout options with quantity controller :!: ...

Do you plan update this contribution to release 5.2 :?: :?:

Thanks, Jean Carlo. 8)

Hi Linda (And Everyone Else!)

I recently installed the Quantity Controller and now none of my images are showing up. None of the product images, none of the logos, none of the icons. Funny thing is, there are no "broken image" placeholders, so I know that it is not a pathing issue. Also, in my webmakers_added_languages.php my SHOW_MANUFACTURES_IMAGE setting is set to 1. So where I am missing the key to turning my images back on?

Thanks for any help.

Mark Bianchi

Dayton, OH

Oh and check your /includes/functions/html_output.php file. Looks like some of the functions are not quite right in there.

If it is still broke, put back your original html_output.php then peice in the different functions one at a time to see which one is breaking your images.

This thread is sooooo long, and I apoligize if this has already been asked.

First off, I'm using Linda's Attribute Sorter and Copier to manage my Product attributes. My products are tshirts, and each tshirt has multiple attributes associated with it.

I would like to be able to offer quantity discounts based on total quantity of tshirts ordered, either by a particualr design or by the total items ordered.

Quantity Discounts based on a particular design

If someone wants to order, lets say, 10 of a particualr design, but wants those 10 tshirts to include a mixture sizes, colors and styles. For instance...

3/white/L/Muscle-T

4/black/XL/Tshirt

1/red/M/Muscle-T

2/red/L/Tshirt

= 10 total items - all same design

Quantity Discounts based on total items ordered

Can the quantity discount be based on the Total Number of Tshirts purchased at checkout? For instance...

3/white/L/Muscle-T - Design A

4/black/XL/Tshirt - Design B

1/red/M/Muscle-T - Design C

2/red/L/Tshirt - Design D

= 10 total items - 4 different designs

Quantity discount would be applied for purchasing a total of 10 tshirts.

If I was selling products with no attributes (like DVD's), quantity discounts would be easy to implement. But because of the attributes associated with the products, I'm a bit perplexed on how to do this.

Is this possible?

Your advise is appreciated.

-R

It is possible to do this.

But it would require re-write where the quantity of a product in the cart, regardless of attributes is checked.

I am working on this for another project, but I do not know when I will have time to re-write the Quantity Controller to contain this feature.

It is rather extensive on the changes needed.

But, yes, it can be done.

Hi Linda... Thanks for the repsonse.

Well, I'm glad to hear that its possible! It would also be nice to have a selection within the Administration that would allow you to choose how you wanted to apply your Quantity Discounts. In my case, I guess my Quantity Discounts would be based on the item totals in the cart at checkout, as you stated.

Is there anything I can do to help with the rewrite effort?? I'm not the most experienced developer, and I'm happy to offer up my time and energy to the group to get this done.

Anything I can do to help facilitate the process with Quantity Controller, or any other Addon's, please let me know. I would be honored to work with you.

Thanks again!

-R

Other than hire me to write this? :shock:

No, I just need to get done with several jobs I am working on now before I can begin to look into doing a re-write on the Quantity Controller.

I know what all I need to do, but the code I have is part of a client's project that is not intended as a contribution.

I have to find away to pull out the related peices of code and re-do a lot of the logic of the QC to utilize this with the discounts etc.

I don't know when I will be getting to this. But, when I finish I will post a msg on it and put it in the contributions.

Hiya Linda

I have replaced every file in my cart from quantiy controller 5.1. AS far , it seems to work fine and also added the required sql commands to my database.

I get this error while im in

Admin => Catalog => Categories/Products

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_categories_name() in e:inetpubwwwrootcatalogadmincategories.php on line 1266

What is causing this error and how can i eliminate it

Thanks