• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Request Product Reviews

kymation

I installed this module, for which i am very grateful to it creator all seems to run OK, except I get blank emails on the test. ie. the email has the correct customers details, but no content. Please could someone point me in the right direction.

• 9 months later...

I added this contribution to my RC1 abd RC2 sites and it worked excellently. I now have to rebuild the sites in 2.3.1 for the added security as my sites were hacked. Can you tell me if there is a version of this contribution suitable for using in 2.3.1?

Edited by Measha06

Liz

A very appreciative member still attempting to climb the steep learning curve!

This addon should work in 2.3.1 just as well as it does in the 2.2 series releases.

Regards

Jim

Is there any difference in coding and finding the place to insert your coding?

Liz

A very appreciative member still attempting to climb the steep learning curve!

• 1 month later...

This add-on was working fine until I ran it last time but suddenly giving me errors as follows

Warning: require_once(includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/usu_general_functions.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thechea6/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 22

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/usu_general_functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thechea6/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 22

Looks like it is not finding the correct file required. I changed the path to a full path and didn't use the "DIR_WS_MODULES" to check but then it moves on to next similar error, so I can't keep using the full paths. for example I changed as below

from: require_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php';

to : require_once '/home/thechea6/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php';

above solved the problem and moved on to next one which is asking me to use the full path in other files too. so looks like its got something to do with configure.php

can someone please help?

Thanks

Edited by sahilsaid

• 2 weeks later...

This add-on was working fine until I ran it last time but suddenly giving me errors as follows

Warning: require_once(includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/usu_general_functions.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thechea6/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 22

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/usu_general_functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thechea6/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 22

Looks like it is not finding the correct file required. I changed the path to a full path and didn't use the "DIR_WS_MODULES" to check but then it moves on to next similar error, so I can't keep using the full paths. for example I changed as below

to : require_once '/home/thechea6/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php';

above solved the problem and moved on to next one which is asking me to use the full path in other files too. so looks like its got something to do with configure.php

can someone please help?

Thanks

Hi there i have exactly the same problem and done the same ie put in a complete route to find it request the next require, did you manage to find the fix, if so please post it here

thank you

david

David

Just to add to the post above this is installed on 2.3.1 the install went fine apart from the error above

I have tried to change configure.php a few ways but this has not been helpful, i can only assume that 2.3.1 handles things slightly differently and this is restricting the contrib, does anybody have this working on 2.3.1?

david

David

Just to add to the post above this is installed on 2.3.1 the install went fine apart from the error above

I have tried to change configure.php a few ways but this has not been helpful, i can only assume that 2.3.1 handles things slightly differently and this is restricting the contrib, does anybody have this working on 2.3.1?

david

I am using version 2.2 and having the same problem as yours, so I don't think the problem is with 2.3

This Addon is not compatible with USU5, or with any URL rewriter for that matter. You're on your own as far as merging the two.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

I use the 'Request Product Reviews' addon on many webshops.

Yesterday I tranfered one of my websites to a new server, and now i'm getting a problem. Are there any special specifications for a server to run this contribution?

Problem is: Getting a blank page after running the script manual. On all other webservers i get: #!/usr/local/bin/php (and no problems sending mail to customers)

I receive the 'admin' conformation mail. (email messages were sent.)

but my 'test' customers aren't getting any.

I didn't changed anything on the script, so it must have something to do with the server? or not?

I'm running PHP 5.2.6-1 and SQL Serverversie: 5.0.51a-24

Somebody same problem? and sollution ;-)

Thanks!

Edited by dirkgerbrands

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

can someone please help?

Thanks

Hi there i have exactly the same problem and done the same ie put in a complete route to find it request the next require, did you manage to find the fix, if so please post it here

thank you

david

Hi,

I know its old problem but maybe someone looking for this solve

Find in catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

require_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php';

and replace

if (basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) != 'review_mail.php') {
 require_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php';
 }

Edited by bassmaga

• 4 months later...

This Addon has nothing to do with the actual reviews. It sends an email to customers after they have ordered. Given that only customers who have ordered will receive an invitation email, it does self-limit to customers who have at least one purchase.

Regards

Jim

I'm not aware of one. There is an Addon that allows you to approve reviews before they can be displayed on the site, if that's usable as an alternative. Otherwise I would suggest searching the Addons area.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking into changing the way that the Secifications Tab was displayed.

Currently it outputs as this:

<ul class=specification_box>
<li>[specification Name] [Prefix] [Value] [suffix]</li>
<li>[specification Name] [Prefix] [Value] [suffix]</li>
</ul>

Was wanting to know how I could change this to show something like:

<p><strong>[specification Name]</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>[Prefix] [Value] [suffix]</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>[specification Name]</strong></p>
<ul>
</ul>

This would make things look much more professional and clear up a lot of clutter. I appologize in advance if this has been discussed before but this just popped into my head.

Thanks

You can change the display any way you want. The code that outputs each specification is in catalog/includes/modules/products_specifications.php, lines 59-74:

$specification_text .= '<li>';
    if (SPECIFICATIONS_SHOW_NAME_PRODUCTS == 'True') {
	  $specification_text .= $specifications['specification_name'] . ': ';
    }
    $specification_text .= $specifications['specification_prefix'] . ' ';
    if ($specifications['filter_display'] == 'image' || $specifications['filter_display'] == 'multiimage' || $specifications['enter_values'] == 'image' || $specifications['enter_values'] == 'multiimage') {
	  $specification_text .= tep_image (DIR_WS_IMAGES . $specifications['specification'], $specifications['specification_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT);
    } else {
	  $specification_text .= $specifications['specification'] . ' ';
    }
    $specification_text .= $specifications['specification_suffix'];
    $specification_text .= '</li>' . "\n";

Regards

Jim

I was looking at that file tonight, Im not very proficient at PHP, I would like to say that I understand the basics of what everything in there does, enough to see it anyways. I will see what I can come up with.

I manged to modify it as best I could:

$specification_text .= '<p><strong>' . $specifications['specification_name'] . '</strong></p>' . "\n";
	$specification_text .= '<ul class=specification_box>' . "\n";

$specification_text .= '<li>';

$specification_text .= $specifications['specification_prefix'] . ' ';
	if ($specifications['filter_display'] == 'image' || $specifications['filter_display'] == 'multiimage' || $specifications['enter_values'] == 'image' || $specifications['enter_values'] == 'multiimage') {
	  $specification_text .= tep_image (DIR_WS_IMAGES . $specifications['specification'], $specifications['specification_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT);
	} else {
	  $specification_text .= $specifications['specification'] . ' ';
	}
	$specification_text .= $specifications['specification_suffix'];
	$specification_text .= '</li>' . "\n";
 $specification_text .= '</ul>' . "\n";

But as far as getting the Specification Name to show only once I am at a loss. I figure that there is some statement that I have to put between my <ul> and <li> tags but I dont know it. Any advice?

The Specification Name shows up only once for each specification. Apparently I don't understand what you want to do, since that code looks right to me.

Regards

Jim