• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO - HTACCESS

Sam666

You have already done number 1 with cname & pname

You can proceed through the rest of the steps from 2 and up...

About 7, Prevent Spider Sessions to "True" , it should stay set to "true" permanently....

Yep exactly what I was planning, thanks :)

And I also noticed the pname doesn't work on the 4 products my first page (index.php) I think because it's a template. The products on that page are the same products as the products_new page so it’s the same type of code if you see what I mean?

Anyway to add the pname to the index products like the rest of the site? Maybe some sort of include?

Oh btw i'm using Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.0b but it did the same on Cname & Pname that's why I thought pname didn't work earlyer.

Edited by Sam666

And I also noticed the pname doesn't work on the 4 products my first page (index.php) I think because it's a template. The products on that page are the same products as the products_new page so it’s the same type of code if you see what I mean?

Anyway to add the pname to the index products like the rest of the site? Maybe some sort of include?

Oh btw i'm using Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.0b but it did the same on Cname & Pname that's why I thought pname didn't work earlyer.

No includes necessary..just edit the file showing the front page products... ( usually includes/modules/new_products.php ) ,

Make sure the links used follow the osc mould , if it works on the images then its used there..look how its done and implement it for the other links in the module...

No includes necessary..just edit the file showing the front page products... ( usually includes/modules/new_products.php ) ,

Make sure the links used follow the osc mould , if it works on the images then its used there..look how its done and implement it for the other links in the module...

Ok ill give it a go but it works on the new_products.php page, yet the same products from that page are displayed on the front page / index thing. This bloody template is a pain :angry: , having so much trouble with the meta tags also, the table code and other stuff I need to replace in product listing and index don't exist >_<

Ok ill give it a go but it works on the new_products.php page, yet the same products from that page are displayed on the front page / index thing. This bloody template is a pain :angry: , having so much trouble with the meta tags also, the table code and other stuff I need to replace in product listing and index don't exist >_<

I can sympatize .... i have modified many templates for customers and yes they do complicate adding contributions quite a bit ... not to mention all the errors which needs fixing and pains in upgrading the template to the latest osc version....

I can sympatize .... i have modified many templates for customers and yes they do complicate adding contributions quite a bit ... not to mention all the errors which needs fixing and pains in upgrading the template to the latest osc version....
I had to port my template to RC1 via wordpad lol <_<, yes I use notepad++ now I was just lazy at the time :-" . At the moment I installed the HeaderTags_V_2.6.3 but I left out most of the code changes for:

index.php

product_info.php

As the code I’m looking for to replace doesn't exist in the file :angry: , the contribution works semi ok, I can add the tags to the files(shame though I thought you could add separate tags to each cat & prod). But when I click on any product I get some sort of box pop up just under manufactures title on the bottom right with a failed to display image(infobox/corner_right_left.gif), and the preview text of the product I’m viewing with a link to the full product. What is this and how can I fix it?

I'm pretty sure its only up since I installed the headertags and not the ultimate seo cname thing.

I noticed this from when I added code to colum left

NOTE: This is optional. It will add an info box on the product pages with keyword loaded

text from the product page. This will increase the keyword density for that page,

which should help with its position. If you don't want to use this option, just

skip this step.

So I guess I can just remove that guy when my ftp is fixed and it should solve that issue.