• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New store - feedback please!

dflygarden

Hi,

I'd love some feedback on my store. I have changed a few things from the basic package but I am learning as I go, and its slow going. I have statcounter installed, and I am averaging 20 hits a day, with about 43 page loads. But no sales in 4 weeks.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong? The stuff all sells in the bricks & mortar store, and I have been watching what keywords people are using to find me, and the products are there that fit the searches, so I am baffled.

Dragonfly Garden Decor

Thanks!

Ellen

Well to get more customers you need to rank well in target keywords. To rank well in those target keywords you need to provide fresh content and get quality links from other websites relating to what you are selling. Have you done any marketing? Keyword optimization/research? Link building? A combination of these things as well as web analytics well help bost sales and attract the targeted visitors resulting in conversion.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

The one thing that i noticed from a design standpoint is that in the category bar on the left, some of the categories are in ALL CAPS which is kind of annoying to look at. Otherwise, the design is nice. I'[m not sure if it's just because I am on a widescreen monitor but i HATE websites that only use 1/2 of the screen, yours seems to fall into that category.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived