• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Flat rate plus per item

FGSwebmaster

Is there a way to have a $3 shipping/handling fee plus $2 per item added? I tried enabling both Flat Rate and Per Item, but that ends up giving the customer the choice between the flat rate and the per item.

Never mind. I overlooked the handling fee line on the per item module. I should know better than to try to code without caffeine...

• 3 months later...
hi there.

i want to do a similar thing to you and wondered if you can you tell me what module you are referring to, or provide a link, as there are so many shipping modules and i dont seem to be able to find the one that you used.

many thanks.

Hi Adrian

you can use the flat shipping module for the .. the first item price add in as the handling fee and the default per item feee add in the flat rte field... that will help you out..

Cheers

Hari

I want to do this as well. I am curious to know how to also do a free shipping on certain items? Or is it only allowed for categories?

I have always provided free shipping on my web page. I am not going to do this any longer. Some items I want free like 8 pounds and under. Some items I want to include a shipping price flat fee and add the $2.00 per item. I ship Fed Ex Home. Only USA continental applies. I don't have a Fed Ex rate calculator. If at some time I want to charge actual shipping cost how do I do this? Something about installing modules? See, I am new to the whole web page programing web site. I have a web admin, but he's turned it over to me. I want to learn how to do this.

thanks hari.

do you think that you could give me a link to the contrib that you used.

i have tried this one (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1333) but all that happens is that the shipping options are not displayed in the checkout process, and no amount is added on or displayed for the shipping anywhere. the contrib was added with no errors and none are displayed during normal use.

i assume that having other shipping modules active/installed wont interfere with the operation of this module.

i also have the paypal payments pro, and pay without account contribs integrated (these are the only ones to do with payment/shipping)

any help gratefully accepted

many thanks

• 8 months later...