• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Count by Jack York to Jack_mcs

I noticed someone posted a problem to you about Category Count back in Jan 05'.

I happen to be having the same problem. I downloaded the file package from OsCommerce Solution.com. :blink:

I keep getting an error. I've tried installing it more than once. If you could help me I would really appreciate it. Your solution you gave the person looking for help did not help. It involved the general.php file, I've listed it below.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129173

I have a current standard download of OsCommerce. :blush:

Here's the error I get: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_count_products_in_category() in /home/tntridec/public_html/tntride.info/admin/cat_count.php on line 58

Thanks in advance,

-Travis

TNTRide

It involved the general.php file

There are two: one in the catalog section and one in the admin. The error states specificly that it cannot find the function so it looks like you added it to the wrong general.php file (the one in catalog instead of admin).

There are two: one in the catalog section and one in the admin. The error states specificly that it cannot find the function so it looks like you added it to the wrong general.php file (the one in catalog instead of admin).

No it was in admin unfortunately. :blush:

No it was in admin unfortunately. :blush:

That is very, very strange. Does the page cat_count.php not have a line that says: require('includes/application_top.php');

Otherwise specifically add require_once('includes/functions/general.php'); or add the function to the the page cat_count.php itself (you only need it on that page anyway).

That is very, very strange. Does the page cat_count.php not have a line that says: require('includes/application_top.php');

Otherwise specifically add require_once('includes/functions/general.php'); or add the function to the the page cat_count.php itself (you only need it on that page anyway).

How would it read if I added it? I'm a newb to php. I sit in confusion all the time, if I don't have programmers that can help me. :blink:

Sorry,

-Travis

How would it read if I added it? I'm a newb to php. I sit in confusion all the time, if I don't have programmers that can help me. :blink:

Well, it would be nice if you read a book on PHP. That would stop the confusion and a lot of frustration.

If I would add that I would copy the function to the file at the end. But before the php end tag of course: ?>

so:

function tep_cat_count() {

code of the function

} // last curly brace of the function
?>