• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Illegal template directory

jdice

I have gotten an Illegal template directory! and don't know why. I am thinking of the things I have done today on the site. I have a bts template and was getting rid of the grey bar on top the screen that has all the clickable templates. I renamed the bar instead of deleteing it. The instructions said I could delete it or rename it...to get rid of it....so I renamed it. I also made css-fluid my default template.

After that was when I notice the Illegal template directory.

I renamed the grey bar...common_top.php... back to it's original name after I noticed the illegal template directory....thinking maybe it was because I renamed it. But still the same thing...illegal template directory.

I have searched this forum all night and no one has posted this. I just can't believe all the people who have used bts contribution...haven't run into this same problem somewhere.

does anyone know why I am getting this...illegal template directory message in place of my website.

I was almost done. I was just doing the finishing touches...like getting the grey bar off and making one of the templates my default template.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... :'(

I have gotten an Illegal template directory! and don't know why. I am thinking of the things I have done today on the site. I have a bts template and was getting rid of the grey bar on top the screen that has all the clickable templates. I renamed the bar instead of deleteing it. The instructions said I could delete it or rename it...to get rid of it....so I renamed it. I also made css-fluid my default template.

After that was when I notice the Illegal template directory.

I renamed the grey bar...common_top.php... back to it's original name after I noticed the illegal template directory....thinking maybe it was because I renamed it. But still the same thing...illegal template directory.

I have searched this forum all night and no one has posted this. I just can't believe all the people who have used bts contribution...haven't run into this same problem somewhere.

does anyone know why I am getting this...illegal template directory message in place of my website.

I was almost done. I was just doing the finishing touches...like getting the grey bar off and making one of the templates my default template.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... :'(

Okay...I figured out why I got illegal template directory. When I made CSS-fluid-1 my default page...I copied and pasted from the address bar into the MY STORE part....so this what i originally put: index.php?tplDir=CSS-fluid-1 ...in the box to make it my default page. What I should of put was just

.... CSS-fluid-1.

Also if you accidentially mistype the template directory name, you will see the error message:

Illegal Template Directory!

Just in case anyone runs into the same problem. I knew it was something simple...but just could not figure out what I did. I am breathing a sigh of relief:)