• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card CCV #

ScriptThis13

Hey all-- I need some help..I FINALLY got my merchant account in order and went through the training today...WOO HOO...

...I plan on being as legit as possible when placing credit card orders, so what I want to implement into my 'checkout' or 'payment' section is the customers CCV (3-digit code) number...is there any add on, or can anyone help out and share how to cut n paste some code into whatever files they need to be in to make this work... i dont really need the code to be verified i just need to get that number so i have it when i go to process their order...if anyone could help it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey all-- I need some help..I FINALLY got my merchant account in order and went through the training today...WOO HOO...

...I plan on being as legit as possible when placing credit card orders, so what I want to implement into my 'checkout' or 'payment' section is the customers CCV (3-digit code) number...is there any add on, or can anyone help out and share how to cut n paste some code into whatever files they need to be in to make this work... i dont really need the code to be verified i just need to get that number so i have it when i go to process their order...if anyone could help it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

I think you'll find that if the card companies find out you are storing that number ANYWHERE, they'll pull your account. It's a VERY BIG, DEFINITE, NO! NO! I suspect your service provider would throw a wobbly too, if they were to discover you storing that data on their servers when it's breaking

That data is only for the live clearance process. Or for telephone orders.

http://www.darkreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=135602

http://www.mastercard.com/uk/merchant/en/s...yond/index.html

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

You are not alowed to store cc info online unless you are PCI compliant .

PCI Regulation Info

Unless you can comply to regulations, you should get a payment gateway to process the cc and ccv info. There are plenty of gateway solutions which also have ready made osCommerce payment modules available...

I was definately made aware of PCI earlier today---I have to get myself all setup with that---I was just trying to implement the CCV into my screen---I guess Ill have to go through PCI to get this setup....thanks

Why go through all the expense of becoming PCI compliant and the cost of regular security audits - why not just go with one of the payment service processors (PSPs) / gateways who do all that for you? Look at the many companies suchas authorise.net, protx etc etc

There is a contribution for collecting the CVV2 number, also look for the contribution(s) to remove the CC and CVV2 data from the database once there processed.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Why go through all the expense of becoming PCI compliant and the cost of regular security audits - why not just go with one of the payment service processors (PSPs) / gateways who do all that for you? Look at the many companies suchas authorise.net, protx etc etc

Those companies do cost $ as well, some are pricey too. Id say the cost is nearly the same...I checked for the CCV add-ins...found em--thanks for the feedback!