• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which addon do I need for resize of pop-up image?

jpuckettahi

I've installed/built an osc shop for a client, I'm sure they're going to upload massive images at times. Is there a way to resize those images on upload? Or, resize them in popup_image.php? But not just controlling the size attributes in the html, resizing as the thumbsnails are. Am I just missing something?

I've installed/built an osc shop for a client, I'm sure they're going to upload massive images at times. Is there a way to resize those images on upload? Or, resize them in popup_image.php? But not just controlling the size attributes in the html, resizing as the thumbsnails are. Am I just missing something?

I'm about to install On the Fly Auto Thumbnailer because it looks like the best of the image thumnailers out there. Give that one a try.

(Note: your clients need the GD library installed in order for this and other server-based thumbnailing contribs to work. This is a compile-time option for PHP and should be included by any hosting provider worth its salt, but it never hurts to check.)

(Note 2: the documentation for this contribution is truly exceptional. If the authors are out there and reading this, thanks for doing this right!)

I say not to you, "backup your files before you change them." I say, rather, "use Subversion, and never worry about ruining your files again."

Installation went smoothly, and the contrib works like a charm. Highly recommended!

I say not to you, "backup your files before you change them." I say, rather, "use Subversion, and never worry about ruining your files again."

To resize a pop-up resize image,

I do editing file "/catalog/popup_images.php"

by changing document.images[0].height+60-i to

document.images[0].height+120-i at the line below

if (document.images[0]) window.resizeTo(document.images[0].width +30,document.images[0].height+120-i);
Edited by tpRobinTh