• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HTC v2.5.9 problem

GregZ

First off, I'm no expert, but I've done OK so far. I have no clue as to what is wrong here. I'm trying to use the header tag contribution, but when I attempt to use the admin panel to change things, I get

delete from English 29 for 8

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /hsphere/local/home/gregze/bigblockscamp.com/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 240
Cannot change the mode of file (/hsphere/local/home/gregze/bigblockscamp.com//catalog/includes/header_tags.php)

or

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /hsphere/local/home/gregze/bigblockscamp.com/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 240
Cannot change the mode of file (/hsphere/local/home/gregze/bigblockscamp.com//catalog/includes/header_tags.php)

The code reads:

{
    if (!chmod($filename, 0666)) {
       echo "Cannot change the mode of file ($filename)";
       exit;
    }

Hmm, that's strange. The problem is that you cannot write to the header tags files. You need to set the permissions on them, as mentioned in the instructions. If that doesn't fix it, it is probably because your host is preventing that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a printed copy of the STS v2.4 with HTC v2.5.9 user manual and I don't see anywhere that it mentions changing permissions. I changed permissions on every file I found that related to header tags, and still no luck. Maybe I didn't find all of them ?

Ok, I am slowly figuring this out. I can now change the info for the tags via the admin page. I did notice that the title are in red though.

Note that is the title of a section appears in red, it means that file does not have the required Header Tags code installed and, as a result, will not display the title or meta tags defined here.

so I looked in catlog\includes\header_tags.php and found :

/*
 /catalog/includes/header_tags.php
 WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Generator v2.0
 Add META TAGS and Modify TITLE

NOTE: Globally replace all fields in products table with current product name just to get things started:
 In phpMyAdmin use: UPDATE products_description set PRODUCTS_HEAD_TITLE_TAG = PRODUCTS_NAME

Shoppe Enhancement Controller - Copyright © 2003 WebMakers.com
 Linda McGrath - [email protected]
*/

am I supposed to apply that line to my database to make this work ? I'm being cautious because I do not want to break anything !

Well, first off, you really should be using the latest version of Header Tags. But since you are using STS, I'm not sure if that code applies to your shop.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Where can I find the latest version of Header Tags ? I searched in the contributions and did not find anything. I also looked at Webmakers.com and did not see anything- possible due to the confusing layout/function of that site.

I know I did not install Header Tags myself, so they must have been part of the STS pack I installed. Perhaps I should just update to the latest and greatest STS & HTC pack ?

Edited by GregZ

Go to the above menu, Community->Contributions. Type Header Tags Controller into the search string. Click on the link provided.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons