• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bidpay API

dmason2

I too ran into this. It seems that a combination of longer domain names and paths are causing this to exceed a length of 100. I found nowhere within the plugin, OSCommerce or PHP to change the max string length, so I came up with an ugly but simple workaround that works for me. Since I was only 10 characters over the limit I was able to shorten the string by renaming the "checkout_process.php" file to "cp.php", saving 14 characters and getting the url length under 100.

This required two changes:

1)Rename (or copy or softlink) the checkout_process php file:

mv includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php cp.php

2)Point to the new filename in includes/filenames.php look for

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS', 'checkout_process.php');

and change it to

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS', 'cp.php');

The full error I was getting was the following (domain and key XX'd out, but same size as real ones):

The 'http://api.bidpay.com/DirectPayment/v1/Messages/DirectPaymentRequest-1-0:ReturnUrl' element is invalid - The value 'https://XXXXXXXXXX.com.sslpowered.com/store//catalog/checkout_process.php?osCsid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The actual length is greater than the MaxLength value.

Return URL cannot exceed 100 characters in length

I know there's got to be better ways to resolve this and hope it shows up here, but this works and so far I haven't seen any negative effects.

You should not have the session id tacked on the returnurl??? I think that is the reason you are going over the limit:

https://XXXXXXXXXX.com.sslpowered.com/store...out_process.php

Try setting Configuration>Sessions to:

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session False

And see if that helps.....

Mine Said:

The following validation errors occurred:

Amount cannot have more than two decimal places - item 1

Amount cannot have more than two decimal places - item 2

Please correct and re-submit.

Products (Edit)

1 x 10 inch Dlx Blue Suede Attache Backgammon, 3/4 inch checkers $31.46

1 x Alhambra $31.46

Sub-Total: $62.91

UPS Ground: $12.58

Total: $75.49

Ok First uncomment these debugging lines in bidpay.php:

print MODULE_PAYMENT_BIDPAY_ID."<br/>";

print STORE_NAME."<br/>";

print $customer_id ."<br/>";

print number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))."<br/>";

print number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency),$currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))."<br/>";

print HTTP_SERVER."<br/>";

print tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

print "<br/>";

Run a test checkout.... See if any values have more than two decimal places....

Also check that:

Tax Decimal Places 0 in Configuration My Store

Decimal Places: 2 in Configuration Currencies Currency US Dollar

Well for all those thinking about installing my module save yourself the effort.....

Effective December 31, 2007, BidPay.com, Inc. will be discontinuing operations. We regret any inconvenience to our users and thank you for your patronage over the years. Please note the following important details about the shutdown. Please plan accordingly.

· Effective IMMEDIATELY, BidPay will no longer accept new BidPay seller account registrations.

· Effective IMMEDIATELY, banner insertions for new auctions will be disabled. That means that any attempts to add “BidPay” as a payment option in auctions will not be effective. Accordingly, you should offer alternative forms of payment.

· Effective 5:00 P.M. PST, December 25, 2007, BidPay will cease accepting payments, and new buyer account registrations will be disabled.

· From January 1, 2008 through 11:59 P.M. PST, January 31, 2008, registered users will have read-only access to their BidPay account information.

· Customer support services will be available through January 31, 2008 by contacting

I loved their service they will be missed