• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bidpay API

dmason2

Bidpay is noiw offering a credit card api seems similar to Amazon's... Anyone started working on a module and need help/qa. Docs are here:

https://api.bidpay.com/Documentation.aspx

I went ahead and wrote a module for bidpay's direct payments which will allow website payments from your store. I based this version on the paypal module and did not use the SOAP API. There are some minor issues that need to be resolved. The returnUrl does not function right now and bidpay wants to redirect back to ebay even when the purchase is described as a website purchase... Once things are worked out I will post it for public consumption. If you want to try it out/work on it before then send me a msg.

I went ahead and wrote a module for bidpay's direct payments which will allow website payments from your store. I based this version on the paypal module and did not use the SOAP API. There are some minor issues that need to be resolved. The returnUrl does not function right now and bidpay wants to redirect back to ebay even when the purchase is described as a website purchase... Once things are worked out I will post it for public consumption. If you want to try it out/work on it before then send me a msg.

I posted the module please read install.txt for known issues:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5463

The Bidpay sanbox server is up for testing. You have to sign up for a sandbox account at http://sandbox.bidpay.com make sure you use testing cc and account numbers not real ones! You can then get a seller token for the sandbox.

I received an update from Bidpay/cybersource the returnUrl issue will not be fixed for at least a week. Thus buyers will be redirected to ebay and not your oscommerce site.... This is a show stopper for now as if buyers do not return to your store the orders do not appear in oscommerce....

The Bidpay sanbox server is up for testing. You have to sign up for a sandbox account at http://sandbox.bidpay.com make sure you use testing cc and account numbers not real ones! You can then get a seller token for the sandbox.

I received an update from Bidpay/cybersource the returnUrl issue will not be fixed for at least a week. Thus buyers will be redirected to ebay and not your oscommerce site.... This is a show stopper for now as if buyers do not return to your store the orders do not appear in oscommerce....

posted a new version which itemizes order when sent to bidpay. returnUrl issue has still not been resolved at bidpay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This looks like a great contribution- only I can't seem to get it to work.

When I click "install" in my admin payments module, I get this error code:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/****/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/bidpay.php:3) in /home/****/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Any ideas on how to fix this?

TIA

Does anyone know where this is redirecting to in OSC? I assumed checkout_success, but my goal tracking did not pick it up after a sale yesterday. The good news is the sale seemed to go through fine, but I'd like users to be redirected to checkout_success.php so that I can continue to use my goal tracking. I couldn't find anywhere to edit this in the module file or admin panel.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

that error usually means there is some invalid character somewhere in that file

maybe an orphan '/' , invalid bracket etc

Hi,

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/****/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/bidpay.php:3) in /home/****/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

TIA

Hi Guys.....

I put a new version up and will start answering questions.... I did not realize anyone was using it : )

Here are the changes:

****** Changes 1 Beta

-Handles empty model number error by sending no-product-id as model number

-Bidpay is now handling the returnURL properly

-Updated README

dmason, am testing this module, for some reason no matter what credit card I used, it got rejected?

I saw that the buyer id is blank in bidpay page, is that correct?

give me some tips where to start look for this problem

I am assuming you are testing on the sandbox try Mastercard 5555555555554444 it works for me

Here is a list of other test cards:

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/vhelp/paypalma...ard_numbers.htm

Does anyone know where this is redirecting to in OSC? I assumed checkout_success, but my goal tracking did not pick it up after a sale yesterday. The good news is the sale seemed to go through fine, but I'd like users to be redirected to checkout_success.php so that I can continue to use my goal tracking. I couldn't find anywhere to edit this in the module file or admin panel.

Thanks!

It should go to checkout_success.php.... Are orders appearing in admin?

Also try setting:

Force Cookie Use False

in Admin>Configuration>Sessions

Hi,

TIA

Were you able to get it to work?????

Were you able to get it to work?????

Not yet- I tried your new version, but with the same error. I haven't had the time to go through and see if there is so loose code, as voltus_99 suggested.

I'll post later when I get a chance.

-Thanks!

that error usually means there is some invalid character somewhere in that file

maybe an orphan '/' , invalid bracket etc

Try deleting the 3 blank lines at the top of bidpay.php before <?php

BTW are you running osc on Windows????

Try deleting the 3 blank lines at the top of bidpay.php before <?php

BTW are you running osc on Windows????

I got rid of white spaces to make this work, but now when I try and install it, it simply reloaded the page and does nothing. I did this on another site and got it going by eliminating the whitespace, so this is odd..

I just switched this line from PROCESS (?) to the following to get it to return users to success around 113 or so:

$process_button_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field('returnUrl', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

This just isn't showing on the Admin panel, but the database has it correct. I edited it manually in myphpadmin and it works fine. I have no idea why it isn't showing as installed on the odc admin gui.

I got rid of white spaces to make this work, but now when I try and install it, it simply reloaded the page and does nothing. I did this on another site and got it going by eliminating the whitespace, so this is odd..

I just switched this line from PROCESS (?) to the following to get it to return users to success around 113 or so:

$process_button_string .= tep_draw_hidden_field('returnUrl', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS should be correct as was in the module. You will visually be redirected to checkout_success.php

This just isn't showing on the Admin panel, but the database has it correct. I edited it manually in myphpadmin and it works fine. I have no idea why it isn't showing as installed on the odc admin gui.

Also make sure you delete any new lines at the end of the file in addition to those at the top.

Hi there guys, Ive got a little problem just after I hit the confirm button it will try to get to bidpay for the payment procedure and it will tell me this:

The following validation errors occurred:

Return URL cannot exceed 100 characters in length

Please correct and re-submit.

I havent been able to fin where to fix the problem in the code and I dont seem to know where would there be more then 100 characters.

Joe5.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there guys, Ive got a little problem just after I hit the confirm button it will try to get to bidpay for the payment procedure and it will tell me this:

I havent been able to fin where to fix the problem in the code and I dont seem to know where would there be more then 100 characters.

Joe5.

Please send me a copy of your bidpay.php and a link to your website info on your os php version web server etc could not hurt either. You also might want to check file permissions and that no blank lines are at the top or bottom of the installed files.

• 2 weeks later...
Please send me a copy of your bidpay.php and a link to your website info on your os php version web server etc could not hurt either. You also might want to check file permissions and that no blank lines are at the top or bottom of the installed files.

I too ran into this. It seems that a combination of longer domain names and paths are causing this to exceed a length of 100. I found nowhere within the plugin, OSCommerce or PHP to change the max string length, so I came up with an ugly but simple workaround that works for me. Since I was only 10 characters over the limit I was able to shorten the string by renaming the "checkout_process.php" file to "cp.php", saving 14 characters and getting the url length under 100.

This required two changes:

1)Rename (or copy or softlink) the checkout_process php file:

mv includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php cp.php

2)Point to the new filename in includes/filenames.php look for

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS', 'checkout_process.php');

and change it to

define('FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS', 'cp.php');

The full error I was getting was the following (domain and key XX'd out, but same size as real ones):

The 'http://api.bidpay.com/DirectPayment/v1/Messages/DirectPaymentRequest-1-0:ReturnUrl' element is invalid - The value 'https://XXXXXXXXXX.com.sslpowered.com/store//catalog/checkout_process.php?osCsid=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The actual length is greater than the MaxLength value.

I know there's got to be better ways to resolve this and hope it shows up here, but this works and so far I haven't seen any negative effects.

SOrry, left out a third modification required for the above "URL Too Long" error:

3) rename (or link or copy) the checkout_process.php file in the /catalog directory to the new name (link method shown below, essentially creating an alias for the file- Unix only) :

ln checkout_process.php cp.php

Mine Said:

Amount cannot have more than two decimal places - item 1

Amount cannot have more than two decimal places - item 2

Products (Edit)

1 x 10 inch Dlx Blue Suede Attache Backgammon, 3/4 inch checkers $31.46

1 x Alhambra $31.46

Sub-Total: $62.91

UPS Ground: $12.58

Total: $75.49