• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Omitted shipping charge

tedani

Has anyone found that shipping charge is shown on the checkout screen but not charged when transferred to Paypal to complete transaction. Not all orders have this problem. This problem occurs very often since the 16th of September 2007. Has anyone encountered the same problem? I'm running Paypal IPN v1.2

Edited by tedani

Has anyone found that shipping charge is shown on the checkout screen but not charged when transferred to Paypal to complete transaction. Not all orders have this problem. This problem occurs very often since the 16th of September 2007. Has anyone encountered the same problem? I'm running Paypal IPN v1.2

I'm having the same problem but it appears to be affecting all orders in my case. Works fine when using PayPal Sandbox for testing but not when using PayPal live. Same problem using Paypal or PayPal IPN modules. Any ideas anyone?

Try:

Login to paypal

> click Profile tab

> click Postage Calculations (in Seller Preferences.

> tick box Click here to allow transaction-based postage values to override the profile postage settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).

> click Save

It seems to have worked for me.

Try:

Login to paypal

> click Profile tab

> click Postage Calculations (in Seller Preferences.

> tick box Click here to allow transaction-based postage values to override the profile postage settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).

> click Save

It seems to have worked for me.

I was told by PayPal tech support to set force shipping to 2 within the PayPal IPN file

this is a fix until they sort out whatever broke around the 16th of Sept

Doug

I was told by PayPal tech support to set force shipping to 2 within the PayPal IPN file

this is a fix until they sort out whatever broke around the 16th of Sept

Doug

Hi Doug

Where do I set force shipping to 2? I've searched the PayPal IPN file but can't find it.

Thanks Henry

Hi Doug

Where do I set force shipping to 2? I've searched the PayPal IPN file but can't find it.

Thanks Henry

Following these steps you should be able to change the value of no_shipping without updating the module:

- Locate the following file in your OSC installation

[installation Directory]\catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal_ipn.php

- Make a backup copy of the file

- Open it up with a text editor

- Search for the following string: "no_shipping"

- You should find the following line:

$parameters['no_shipping'] = '1';

- Change the "1" in "2" to read

$parameters['no_shipping'] = '2';

This appears to have worked for me.

I have had several orders today which went through no problems some with different billing addresses to shipping.

let me know if it works for you and I will update paypal.

Doug

Following these steps you should be able to change the value of no_shipping without updating the module:

I have had several orders today which went through no problems some with different billing addresses to shipping.

Doug

Thanks so much for your advice. I will keep my eyes on the new orders. By the way, Paypal was down for a short period today, I wondered if they fixed the problem?!

Doug

It won't work on my setup unless I have ticked the box as I outlined above.

Is the box ticked or not in your paypal account?

Henry

Hi, It was around the middle of September I started to experience paypal problems. First shipping would not always be added to payment like the person said above. Around then or maybe a little after 75% of people trying to purchase with paypal are getting a problem when being transferred to paypal, either page not found, page cannot be displayed or just crashing completely. This seems to be on the paypal side of things.

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but it sounds like a similar problem (I posted an individual question as well before I noticed this thread). Any idea what to do or what went wrong in the first place?

Thanks in advance.