• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] OneBip Payment System Support Thread

dynamoeffects

This is the support thread for the OneBip Payment System located here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5452

OneBip is a payment service that allows customers to purchase products using their cell phones without the need for bank accounts or credit card numbers.

When a customer purchases an item from your website, the amount is billed to the customer's prepaid or post-paid cell phone and the money is sent to you. This allows for super quick purchases by anyone with a cell phone! This module allows your customers to purchase one product at a time very quickly and operates in a similar manner as PayPal IPN.

This is a micropayment service that accepts only specific price points (0.99, 1.99, etc) in multiple currencies, which makes it perfect for sites such as MP3, e-book, ringtone, and other types of online stores featuring primarily downloadable products.

Post any support questions that you have here.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

• 4 months later...

Another thought is make sure that the contribution is enabled in your Configuration -> OneBip settings.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

All the changes where made in product_info.php, just checked them again and Onebip is enabled under Configuration -> OneBip settings.

Is it that I'm using MYSQL 5?

When I try to enable a product to use onebip using "This item can be purchased using OneBip." it doesn't update the mysql table, I had to manual go in and change it using phpmyadmin.

Very strange. It could also be a conflict with RC2 as the module was developed on RC1 (but can't imagine how) with PHP5 and MySQL 5. I'll do an install on RC2 and make sure that it's working correctly.

Edited by dynamoeffects

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've installed manually now instead of using the cpanel addon.

The onebip button shows in product_info.php but thats all, still can't buy.

The "This item can be purchased using OneBip" button now updates the mysql tables too.

I'll pm you the site link

Everything looks like it's working to me. I clicked on the button and it sent me to OneBip. Try creating a new user account and testing it again.

Everything looks like it's working to me. I clicked on the button and it sent me to OneBip. Try creating a new user account and testing it again.

Just made a new account and still nothing, also, changed it to say I'm from America instead of UK but that didn't make a differance.

On the checkout_payment.php page is it supose to have onebip as a payment option listed there cus it doesn't have anything for me :(

"Payment Method

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order. "

Ok, when you view that product at the link you showed me before, then you click on the OneBip button, what is the exact error that you see? Does it not take you to OneBip?

This isn't a full payment module, so that's why you don't see it on the checkout_payment.php page. It's only meant to be used on a per-product basis where the customer finds a product they want, click on the "Buy with OneBip" button, pay, come back and then download their purchase.

what a great contrib idea, just what I wanted.

BUT installed as per instructions..

When I go into my product in my osc store I see the tick box for onebip and the box. I tick this and type in my 4 digit code that matches on my onebip store, then I click Save

No icon shows on product info

BUT if I go back into the product edit, the onebip tick box is unchecked and no 4 digit code

so it bascily is not saving my tick and code when I edit a digital item on my store

any ideas please?

its also quite annoying you cant enter a custom price on onebip, but understand that nothing to do with you..so I have to round down slightly

update:

If I manuall set the SQL DB for Onebip from staus from 0 to 1 and enter the code it then works fine and when I check the product edit the tick is there and code is there

so there seems small prob in osc code when you edit and save products, it doesnt update SQL at all

Right now I am totally stuck :(

I can add products (using the manual SQL way) and I see them fine on my product page

I click on onebip, go to their site, checkout (using the test payment account), it redirects back to my own site checkout_success, lists the product and has the download listed with the expiry, BUT no download links.

I checked and the order status for onebip on configuration is set to 4, which is my download now status which is correct for download controller

as if I enable check/money order as a test which is set to order status 4, I checkout and I get all my download links correct

this is test using the same download mp3 product as well and works with my credit card module fine too

even if I go in and reset the order status to download now it doesnt give me the links..

I wonder if you have come accross this before? as the point of it is to work with downloads

also noticed quite a major problem... when I click pay by mobile icon using Firefox it takes me to the onebip payment page as it should do

BUT when I use Internet Explorer (7) and click the pay by mobile icon all it does is add the item to my shopping cart and doesnt take me to onebip payment system

great contrib, would love some ideas on how to resolve these 2 problems please

I wondered if the test payment password was the reason for the download links not showing, but the status says payment complete ok. I tried with my mobile but the payment fails so can test that bit

thanks..

So close..but not quite there.

That really is strange that it's not updating the product status like that. Can you tell me what version of osCommerce, PHP, and MySQL that you're using?

I'll run through some tests today and see if I can spot the problems.

thanks

PHP: 4.4.7 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Mysql: MySQL 4.0.27-max-log

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

I dont have that many download products, do not a huge problem for me inserting them manually.

but the biggest issue is I cant use it for the downloads as the links never show up, plus it doesnt work in Internet Explorer for some reason and just adds to the cart.

Firefox seems fine (apart from after pay it doesnt give the links) but I cant assume everyone uses firefox

If needed I happy to pay for you to take a look at my store/code to resolve this, as I really want this feature working asap

thanks

Also it prob worth mentioning I use Super Download Shop

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4868

which uses Lindas Download controller , just adds ability to group files for the downloads.

not sure if that makes a difference..I dont belive it will as think still looks for downloads_controller

both update the same oder status 4 -download now which enables my downloads

this is what I get when check successfully using Onebip (no links)

onebip.jpg

this is what I get when I check out successully via card, paypal, check any other payment module (links)

check.jpg

Edited by danielcompton

Well I had interesting results:

1) I can't replicate the problem that you're experiencing in the admin. When I check the box and enter in an item number, it's saved successfully after clicking "Preview" and then "Save." Do you have register_globals on or off? Did you include the small modification in /admin/includes/application_top.php?

2) I can confirm the problem with IE, which is amazing because this was tested with IE before it was released.

I'll work on fixing that today and see if I can't figure out what's going on on in the admin.

I tried it with register_globals on and off and the admin works fine. If you hadn't completed the admin/includes/application_top.php installation, you'd be seeing error messages instead of a checkbox and text field, so you've done that part.

Edit: Aha! Creating a new product, the OneBip settings won't save. I'll release a new version in a little bit that fixes these problems.

Edited by dynamoeffects

that is stange. I will check everything again, but I did do this already

Good news on the I.E, glad that not just me

My server is a linux

Linux 2.6.16.33-20070131a-areca-filemon-3ware-e1000

not sure on the register globals part I can check, but I am positive I got all the code correct as the instructions were very clear and easy to do.

thanks

I've uploaded a new version, so go ahead and upgrade and see if that fixes the problems with IE and saving OneBip settings.

I've uploaded a new version, so go ahead and upgrade and see if that fixes the problems with IE and saving OneBip settings.

Perfect.

1). It has Resolved the Save Onebip Tick box/number straight away

2). Has solved the I.E add to cart rather than Onebip checkout isssue

thanks very much

One last major problem which means I can't use it is, it doesnt give the download links at all. But it does list the name and file expiry.

I have had this before and it is acting exact the same way if would if I forget to assign a file group in the attributes to the product, i.e it doesnt know where the file is for the download

but if I checkout with the same product with any other payment method, it gives me the links perfect. so it is doing something different with the download system than all the other payment modules that does work (check/money order, phone, paypal, 2checkout etc. all work)

any ideas on this problem at all?

Logically looking at it, it seems to not pick up the arrtributes for the download file. This may be as I am using super download shop as this uses file groups rather than just the file name. but still any suggestions at all?

Edited by danielcompton

Took me a little bit to remember why it's like that.

I was told by OneBip when I was developing this that they won't always get an immediately response from the cell carriers that payment has been made. If someone's driving in a tunnel or out of range, payment won't be made until they're back within a service area. For that reason, downloads aren't immediately available.

This module makes up for that by sending out an email once payment has been made with a link going to their account history page where they can download the file. Do you not receive an email after payment has been confirmed?

I have been using their testuser account and it says payment complete etc

I just tried with a live phone transcation and is the same, I get the text and email saying payment successful but no download links

I know what you mean with the verification as last night whilst testing the status has something sent to onebip awaiting confirmation, then it updated 10mins later, but still no links

it also updates the order status with this

17/02/2008 17:23:12 True Customer Sent to OneBip Payment has not yet been made.

17/02/2008 17:26:33 True Download Now Payment has been confirmed.

OneBip Payment ID: 243586

Enduser Cost: 1.00 GBP (VAT inc)

but still no links when view my account and order.