• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can you do an include on the frontpage of your website?

I want to add an include to the front page of my domain. I have featured products that I would like for people to see on my main site before ever going into my /catalog. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Luke

Hi Yes it is possible, I do it in 3 ways,

1) I have an iframe that I include on the front page (global shopping cart) not always Ideal ..

2) I just use php and run a select query on the shop db selecting whatever I need and take it from there or

3) the nicest way for me personally is to create a file say, featured_rss.php based on rss.php modify the select query to select all your featured products, and then I use something like this for php to access the xml data, and format it to what I need

$dom = new DomDocument();
$dom->load("articles.xml");

see this page for a tutorial, http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/1713

Good Luck!! once you get this right your shop will take over your whole website, you'll want to sneak products in everywhere :D

Riaan

3am.co.za

I want to add an include to the front page of my domain. I have featured products that I would like for people to see on my main site before ever going into my /catalog. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Luke

I'm an osCommerce Pimp ..

Thanks for your reply but I still don't think this is quite what I need. I have a domain site with a link to a catalog store, but I want a featured product to display on my domain.

For example: mysite.com is the link where I have a Home, Links, Contacts, Our Services, OUR PRODUCTS.

When the customer would click our products it takes you to mysite.com/catalog where the store is.

What I need is a php include to show just the "featured products" box inside a table on mysite.com homepage. I know there isn't just an easy include like:

<?php include '/catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php' ?>

My retarded self already tried that and failed miserably. Is there another code that I can do or do I need to go through the steps that star3am has posted?

Thanks for your reply but I still don't think this is quite what I need. I have a domain site with a link to a catalog store, but I want a featured product to display on my domain.

For example: mysite.com is the link where I have a Home, Links, Contacts, Our Services, OUR PRODUCTS.

When the customer would click our products it takes you to mysite.com/catalog where the store is.

What I need is a php include to show just the "featured products" box inside a table on mysite.com homepage. I know there isn't just an easy include like:

<?php include '/catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php' ?>

My retarded self already tried that and failed miserably. Is there another code that I can do or do I need to go through the steps that star3am has posted?

I think I have what you are looking for, look at my site and look at the college denim box on the right

www.bethelwholesale.com

I appreciate your response, but this isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about an index site that is NOT in my catalog site.

www.mysite.com/catalog/ <--- that is my catalog directory, but I want an include from that to point to my homepage which is

www.mysite.com

I think Star3am had it right when he said "I just use php and run a select query on the shop db selecting whatever I need and take it from there"

But I'm not sure exactly how to do that.

Thanks again!!

Luke

Archived