Sign in to follow this  
DavidRad

Existing Store with many mods

Hello all! Thanks for a great contribution. Some clarifications please:

I have an existing site with many modifications. Is there a way to install Multi-Stores without disruptig existing site?

Would altering (via diff) the existing site files with those of the new multi-store files be the only way to implement? Would that include making changes to existing site's database via update.sql?

Any direction would be much appreciated to divert a disaster.

Thanks again!

Hello all! Thanks for a great contribution. Some clarifications please:

I have an existing site with many modifications. Is there a way to install Multi-Stores without disruptig existing site?

Would altering (via diff) the existing site files with those of the new multi-store files be the only way to implement? Would that include making changes to existing site's database via update.sql?

Any direction would be much appreciated to divert a disaster.

Thanks again!

the only way to achieve this is to be very careful in what changes you make to the source code so that you do not overwrite previous changes - the best way forward is to use a php developer who can do this for you (probabaly paying them would help to)

The multi-shop version contains may changes, and in most cases its easier to start from scratch with a default osCommerce...then adding the multi-store contrib and then adding other contributions again after that.

The multi-shop version contains may changes, and in most cases its easier to start from scratch with a default osCommerce...then adding the multi-store contrib and then adding other contributions again after that.

So, for a more trouble-free install:

1. Install default osCommerce

2. Install Multi-Shop over #1

3. Install addt'l Multi-Shops in their own user (FreeBSD) accounts? <-- this is where I get stuck.

I presently have the default osCommerce with Multi-Shop installed over it, as per installation instructions. I then added an addt'l shop which will/supposed to live in its own user directory (not underneath, i.e. http://www.Shop1.com (usr/home/shop1), http://www.Shop2.com (usr/home/shop2), etc.) Does Shop2 represent an addt'l Multi-Shop install over another default osCommerce install or by itself via another Multi-Shop install?

Sorry for the convoluted explanation.

1. install osCommerce 2.2ms2-060817 , you can find it at source forge

2. install Multi-store

3. Read all the instructions/user manuals included with the multi shop contrib

4. Read and if needed ask questions in the Multi-Store support tread in this forum.