• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

paypal return url error

sridhar

Hi,

I instally paypal payment module in my site. at the time of shopping through paypal, all it works it goes to paypal site and the transaction is also completed. the account will be debited into my site. all it works good, the problem is after completion of the process in paypal when i click on return to merchent it does not goes to checkout success page, it redirects to login page and order is also not inserted into database. again it asks username and password. but the amount transaction is working fine. any body knows about this problem plz help me.

Regards,

B.Sridhar

on return from paypal it should come to chekout success with an internal redirect.

But if the variables associated with the return post do not map a customer id then this will happen.

Chek Your session setting and set chek browser to false as this can be one of the reasons.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

on return from paypal it should come to chekout success with an internal redirect.

But if the variables associated with the return post do not map a customer id then this will happen.

Chek Your session setting and set chek browser to false as this can be one of the reasons.

Satish

In my local server it is working properly, but incase of live server it is not working.in local i can print the sessions variables in checkout_process page, in case of local it is coming but in case of server it is not coming, i upload the complete site samely. how can i fix this problem

Hi Sridhar,

I came to the same problem as yours. When I chose to return from the paypal page after the transaction is done successfully, my osCommerce is asking for my username and password. I wonder if this is an issue about the openSSL preconfigured in PaypalIPN mod in the admin back office.

+ I am using the default PaypalIPN of osC V2.2 RC1 which comes along the original package. I don't know what OpenSSL is and how to set that up in the PaypalIPN settings, so I just left it alone.

Wonder if there is any answers towards this issue.

Thanks and regards

• 2 months later...

I have fixed my problem - not sure if it will help you with yours but worth a shot.

my problem was related with cookies, I had to check my /catalog/includes/configure.php file for correct cookie settings. here is what I now have.

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domain.com');
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'domain.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');