• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Fee Contribution fix

gregp

I have the standard PayPal module installed and I downloaded the PayPal Fee Contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3132/ some time ago. It installed OK but would not add the surcharge in checkout. I eventually discovered this was because the module appears to have been written for a PayPal IPN payment module not the regular payment module. This is important because the variable used for the regular module is 'paypal', whereas the variable for the IPN module appears to be 'paypal_ipn'.

If you have the standard PayPal module and this contribution, here's what you need to do to fix this:

* Open /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_paypal_fee.php

* Locate this function:

function process() {

global $order, $currencies, $paypal_fee;

if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_PAYPAL_STATUS == 'true') {

//check if payment method is paypal. If yes, add fee.

if ($GLOBALS['payment'] == 'paypal_ipn') {

$paypal_fee = tep_round(((MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_PAYPAL_FEE/100) * $order->info['total']), $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']);

* Change the following:

to

if ($GLOBALS['payment'] == 'paypal') {

* That's it!

Greg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have spent 3 days trying to figure out a problem using 3 different fee modules. I am not trying this one figuring it would be the most standard. Would someone please tell me why when I am using the paypal_ipn and this contribution, the fee shows up in my shopping cart, but when I click confirm and it takes me over to paypal, it shows the total with shipping, but DOES NOT include this fee. PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Thank you.

Leslie

I have the standard PayPal module installed and I downloaded the PayPal Fee Contribution http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3132/ some time ago. It installed OK but would not add the surcharge in checkout. I eventually discovered this was because the module appears to have been written for a PayPal IPN payment module not the regular payment module. This is important because the variable used for the regular module is 'paypal', whereas the variable for the IPN module appears to be 'paypal_ipn'.

If you have the standard PayPal module and this contribution, here's what you need to do to fix this:

* Open /catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_paypal_fee.php

* Locate this function:

function process() {

global $order, $currencies, $paypal_fee;

if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_PAYPAL_STATUS == 'true') {

//check if payment method is paypal. If yes, add fee.

$paypal_fee = tep_round(((MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_PAYPAL_FEE/100) * $order->info['total']), $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']);

* Change the following:

to

if ($GLOBALS['payment'] == 'paypal') {

* That's it!

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if you can change what it says in the order total area? I want it to say Handling Fee or something along those lines not paypal fee. But i only want it to be associated with Paypal payments which is why I used this module. Let me know what I need to change in the files to make this work.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have spent 3 days trying to figure out a problem using 3 different fee modules. I am not trying this one figuring it would be the most standard. Would someone please tell me why when I am using the paypal_ipn and this contribution, the fee shows up in my shopping cart, but when I click confirm and it takes me over to paypal, it shows the total with shipping, but DOES NOT include this fee. PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Thank you.

Leslie

Hi Leslie! Did you find a way to solve this problem ? I have the same problem, i tried 2 similar contribution and each time everything seems to be ok but the total on paypal page doesn't include the fee.

Thanx for your help !

I'm using paypal ipn

-= K8L =-

• 4 months later...