• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Test Store - Still modifing. (Feedback)

ctec2001

"Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?"

G'day mate,This section was hard to find down the bottom of the page and I almost missed it.

Thats only my opinion and I have plenty to learn myself. :thumbsup:

Where is the shop? I couldn't find it!

Aaah I can only see the shop if I register! I found the text stuck away at the bottom of the page!

OK so I entered 'anything' for the registration and found the shop! (By the way don't deliver those spares to Algeria!)

I don't want to be too rude about your site, but to be honest it is the worst "shop" I have ever seen! Your site appears to have been designed by someone with very little knowledge of eCommerce! They even make me look like an expert!

I haven't the time or inclination to comment on everything. What should you do for starters to improve it? My initial suggestions would be:

1. Put the breadcrumb back and get rid of the forced log on front page!

2. COD may work for USA deliveries, but not for the world! The COD gives you no security at all! I can order a $2,000 of spares and put my worst friend's address on it and you wouldn't know!

3. Navigation around the site is almost impossible! How do I check on the Conditions & Shipping (both currently non-existent) once I have left the sign in page? How do I get to the Manufacturers menu? (I suspect it needs deleting anyway)

4. Get the site colours co-ordinated - buttons and some headings don't match.

5. Over 2000 items in only one category? Split it up!

6. Write some conditions and shipping information etc.

Can I see anything good about this shop? Well, the address and telephone number are very clear! But ecommerce shops opening 8am to 5pm are unusual!

If you want this store to open in 2-3 weeks then you have a LOT of work to do!

Where is the shop? I couldn't find it!

Aaah I can only see the shop if I register! I found the text stuck away at the bottom of the page!

OK so I entered 'anything' for the registration and found the shop! (By the way don't deliver those spares to Algeria!)

I don't want to be too rude about your site, but to be honest it is the worst "shop" I have ever seen! Your site appears to have been designed by someone with very little knowledge of eCommerce! They even make me look like an expert!

I haven't the time or inclination to comment on everything. What should you do for starters to improve it? My initial suggestions would be:

1. Put the breadcrumb back and get rid of the forced log on front page!

2. COD may work for USA deliveries, but not for the world! The COD gives you no security at all! I can order a $2,000 of spares and put my worst friend's address on it and you wouldn't know!

3. Navigation around the site is almost impossible! How do I check on the Conditions & Shipping (both currently non-existent) once I have left the sign in page? How do I get to the Manufacturers menu? (I suspect it needs deleting anyway)

4. Get the site colours co-ordinated - buttons and some headings don't match.

5. Over 2000 items in only one category? Split it up!

6. Write some conditions and shipping information etc.

Can I see anything good about this shop? Well, the address and telephone number are very clear! But ecommerce shops opening 8am to 5pm are unusual!

If you want this store to open in 2-3 weeks then you have a LOT of work to do!

Yeah, I kind of thought that this would happen I guess I should have explained better how this company would like their website. COD is currently the only option, because they are not accepting payments online. they wanted an email sent to them notifing tbem of the order, then they would contact you and get payment at that time. was not my idea on tha they insisted to do it that way. I know the color schemes for the buttons are off because the site isn't complete. Those are only cosmetic changes. Also my client wanted customers to sign in first before accessing the products. I will definitely make the login info more clear.

The hours the physical shop is open is from 8 to 5pm, people can still place orders, but would have to wait for a confirmation email or phone contact.

Terms and Conditions, etc. are coming soon. As of yet, they are not complete.

The parts in one category, yeah just don' know what to say. Once I get pics for the different items, I think it will distinguish itself better.

Thanks for the input. Definetly keep an open mind to all comments. My fault for not explaing the site before hand.

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

Archived