• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Same product multiple times in shopping cart

micfire

Ok, here's the problem scenario. My webshop sells handmade clothes for kids. Customers can customize each item with various choices like custom name, picture choice and colors.

So now I have a problem that when customer picks let's say t-shirt number 1 with attributes 2,3 and 4. Now she has another kid and she wants same shirt for other kid also. But of course she doesn't want two shirts that say "Alex" and have a picture of motorcycle if the other kid happens to be named Sue and is a girl.

Now I need a way to have same product as a separate item in shopping cart with own attributes.

Any suggestions how to proceed? Every tip is greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this happens "automagically".

I am selling hats and, of course, they come in different colours and sizes.

When customer adds a hat to shopping cart, they are selecting required attributes and hat is added.

If they want exactly same hat, they will change the quantity.

If they want one that has different attribute, they have to add it to cart again.

Try it (www.hatsfromoz.com.au).

What is your site address?

Rudolf

Ok, here's the problem scenario. My webshop sells handmade clothes for kids. Customers can customize each item with various choices like custom name, picture choice and colors.

So now I have a problem that when customer picks let's say t-shirt number 1 with attributes 2,3 and 4. Now she has another kid and she wants same shirt for other kid also. But of course she doesn't want two shirts that say "Alex" and have a picture of motorcycle if the other kid happens to be named Sue and is a girl.

Now I need a way to have same product as a separate item in shopping cart with own attributes.

Any suggestions how to proceed? Every tip is greatly appreciated!