• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Aboriginal Art Store

Well, I was expecting a pretty crummy implementation and found that it was really well done instead. You really did manage to integrate osCommerce with a bunch of other stuff and did make the transition between areas pretty seamless and the look reasonably consistent. The photos that I looked at were great, the way the linking works is great - very thought-out and thorough implementation.

I did notice a couple of things:

It took me a while to find the shopping cart link above the header - it seems to be a little too inconspicuous. I think it should be moved to a more visible position. Especially if someone adds something to the cart, wanders off to another part of the site, and then wants to go back to complete a purchase.

Also, the look of the cart is inconsistent with the look of the other parts of the site that I visited.

Also, in the product descriptions, the Buy Now and Add to Cart buttons are too tiny, and don't they do the same thing, so aren't they also redundant? Based on previous comments, the Buy Now button should be very prominent (and it is the primary reason to have an ecommerce site, too).

Great example of this type of integration. Now all you have to do is provide the 500 page manual so that we can all try to do what you have done!

tony

Well, I was expecting a pretty crummy implementation and found that it was really well done instead. You really did manage to integrate osCommerce with a bunch of other stuff and did make the transition between areas pretty seamless and the look reasonably consistent. The photos that I looked at were great, the way the linking works is great - very thought-out and thorough implementation.

I did notice a couple of things:

It took me a while to find the shopping cart link above the header - it seems to be a little too inconspicuous. I think it should be moved to a more visible position. Especially if someone adds something to the cart, wanders off to another part of the site, and then wants to go back to complete a purchase.

Also, the look of the cart is inconsistent with the look of the other parts of the site that I visited.

Also, in the product descriptions, the Buy Now and Add to Cart buttons are too tiny, and don't they do the same thing, so aren't they also redundant? Based on previous comments, the Buy Now button should be very prominent (and it is the primary reason to have an ecommerce site, too).

Great example of this type of integration. Now all you have to do is provide the 500 page manual so that we can all try to do what you have done!

tony

Looks good to me. Very slick.

[edit - er, I'm not disagreeing, just quoted the wrong post. Sorry :D ]

Dear all,

I have developed a new site that integrates blogging software and oscommerce.

Go to: Aboriginal Art Store.

All thoughts welcome.

Kind regards,

David

very nice work david, i almost have nothing to say congratulation u did a good job with this one.

i wish u good luck!

SeoMaster

David,

Quite impressive, a 9.9 out of 10. This should be a site of the month.

• Excellant implementation of tabless CSS layout. It does not appear that you are using STS templating, are you ?
  • Near excellant implementation of Search Friendly URL, you may wish to review those pages missing SEO from any robot/spider viewer.
  • Consider adding a search box in the bg_header.gif
  • Consider styling prices in a different color, maybe orange, make it easier to quickly discern from the page.
  • As for the blog, where are the comments ? must have to show interaction with users.
  • With more SEO, PR score should continue to climb beyond current 3

Great Work.

thanks for all of your comments...

it was a lot of work to get the integration perfect, but i found that blogging software at the moment is the best cms, and ease of use for the client is paramount.

we will take on board the excellent suggestions made here (and hopefully there are more to come)_

the blog will have comments opened up within the next two months

avail1now, any suggestions for further seo or who to contact?

kind regards,

david

Archived