Sign in to follow this  
PatForde

Wondering is it possible to hide a shipping option unless a certain order amount is reached

Hi folks - looking for some pointers in the right direction on this one. I want my shipping to operate like this ...

1) Table rate for standard postage based on a per quantity basis ie 1 unit = €5.00 2 units=€9.00 etc

2) A second table rate giving an option of registered courier post again per quantit ie 1 unit = €8.00 2=€13.00 etc

The above 2 I have found using a contribution.

What I want though is to also offer free shipping on orders over a certain cash amount.

3) Free shipping by standard post if order over €50

4) Free shipping by courier if over €100

I would not want these to show up though unless the total was over the threshold given. I know I could use a table rate with a large postage cost up to €49 and then free over €50 etc but it would look so much more professional if options 3 and 4 only were displayed when the qualifying criteria were met.

Many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions offered.

I am no good at php and need a little help with installing this code, at line 80 in flat.php I see this

sc1gi5.jpg

Then the instructions say

In the particular shipping module you wish to apply this to ( catalog/includes/modules/shipping/FILE.php ) insert the following at line 80:

if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ($order_total <100) ) {

$this->enabled = false;

return;

}

So I now have code that looks like this but starting from line 61

if (tep_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image($this->icon, $this->title);
//below added for free shipping over £100
if ( ($this->enabled == true) && ($order_total <100) ) {
$this->enabled = false;
return;
}
  return $this->quotes;
}

However this just keeps reloading the page now on the delivery information bit I cant seem to progress beyond this can anyone help

Cheers

Ian

Edited by ian_m