• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seperate shipping price per product.

ocularmagic

Is there anyone out there working on a shipping module that will allow the site administrator to assign a specific shipping cost based on the product? Or to allow certain products to use only certain shipping modules. The closest one I've seen is Shipping rate per product v1.0001 but it says it won't work with any other shipping modules, and you can't use the weight field. My company ships machinery as well as parts. UPS works great for our small parts, but if we want to ship a machine that weighs 325 pounds, the UPS mod breaks it up into seperate shipments based on the largest amount we will ship. This won't work for us always. If someone buys a machine, the only option should be a flat rate that we specify per machine because we will ship out machinery via a freight service. Or just use the flat rate shipping option, but they shouldn't be able to select UPS. Pretty complicated, but I wanted to see if anyone else has this problem and if there are any ideas for a solution. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Is there anyone out there working on a shipping module that will allow the site administrator to assign a specific shipping cost based on the product? Or to allow certain products to use only certain shipping modules. The closest one I've seen is Shipping rate per product v1.0001 but it says it won't work with any other shipping modules, and you can't use the weight field. My company ships machinery as well as parts. UPS works great for our small parts, but if we want to ship a machine that weighs 325 pounds, the UPS mod breaks it up into seperate shipments based on the largest amount we will ship. This won't work for us always. If someone buys a machine, the only option should be a flat rate that we specify per machine because we will ship out machinery via a freight service. Or just use the flat rate shipping option, but they shouldn't be able to select UPS. Pretty complicated, but I wanted to see if anyone else has this problem and if there are any ideas for a solution. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I just added a contribution that could help. Our company ships, tools, parts and machinery...

For stores that ship internationally, ship freight, special orders,or have other variables that current shipping modules can't handle, this is an easy fix.

Usually, if the item is overweight or is to be shipped overseas, UPS and USPS modules won't work. This contribution is two modules in one.

1) The first RFQ allows customers to select 'Request Quote'as a shipping method. By default, this is a $0.00 charge added to the price (You can add a quote fee). You may then contact the customer via email with correct shipping quotes.

2) The second module RFQ2, allows the customer to pay for the item via normal methods, or select request for quote, pay nothing, and await your response.

Oscommerce works as a catalog and referral, but the final shipping and payment is done manually through your brick-n-mortar store via, phone, fax, mail, email, etc.

You'll find the contribution here...

REQUEST FOR QUOTE

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I'm also looking for a way to specify a shipping cost on a per product basis. For example, one product shipping is already included in the price - in other words, they get free shipping. A second product costs $15 to ship anywhere in the USA (we only ship to US addresses). It's actually drop shipped. If the second product is purchased along with the third product then shipping is free. If any product except products 2 & 3 are purchased together, the price of shipping is dependant on the individual product. To summarize:

Product 1 >>>>>> Free

Product 2 >>>>>> $15

Product 3 >>>>>> $15

Product 2 & 3 >>>> Free

Any other product >>>> shipping cost varies by product

Is there any way to accomodate this structure please? I would have thought it would be simple to assign a cost on a per product basis, you simply add another field to the product table I would think. Of course, to accomodate a random combination of products with shipping costs that don't have any real logic to them (such as products 2&3 together being free, but no other) is a bit more complicated. But if the minds that could produce something as complex as osCommerce are reading this, I have no doubt they could come up with a feasible solution if they haven't already.

Perhaps it might be useful to point out that the reason products 2&3 are shipped free if purchased together, is because they have a certain minimum purchase price (over $x) and are from the same source (manufacturer). Actually, that might be the defining logic. Any set of products from the same source with a certain minimum total purchase price, are assigned a certain shipping value (or perhaps discount).

Thank you

• 2 months later...
I'm also looking for a way to specify a shipping cost on a per product basis. For example, one product shipping is already included in the price - in other words, they get free shipping. A second product costs $15 to ship anywhere in the USA (we only ship to US addresses). It's actually drop shipped. If the second product is purchased along with the third product then shipping is free. If any product except products 2 & 3 are purchased together, the price of shipping is dependant on the individual product. To summarize:

Product 1 >>>>>> Free

Product 2 >>>>>> $15

Product 3 >>>>>> $15

Product 2 & 3 >>>> Free

Any other product >>>> shipping cost varies by product

Is there any way to accomodate this structure please? I would have thought it would be simple to assign a cost on a per product basis, you simply add another field to the product table I would think. Of course, to accomodate a random combination of products with shipping costs that don't have any real logic to them (such as products 2&3 together being free, but no other) is a bit more complicated. But if the minds that could produce something as complex as osCommerce are reading this, I have no doubt they could come up with a feasible solution if they haven't already.

Perhaps it might be useful to point out that the reason products 2&3 are shipped free if purchased together, is because they have a certain minimum purchase price (over $x) and are from the same source (manufacturer). Actually, that might be the defining logic. Any set of products from the same source with a certain minimum total purchase price, are assigned a certain shipping value (or perhaps discount).

Thank you

There are a few contribs that help you do this do this. I've never tried them so as always use them at your own risk. You might be able to start here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...&category=2

Edited by Bruin_03

• 3 weeks later...

I need a module that will allow shipping price based on individual item AND also by which state it will ship to.

ie Product A costs $80 and ships to NSW for $10, QLD for $20 and WA for $40

but Product B costs $100 and ships to NSW for $50 , QLD for $60 and WA for $60.

Anyone know how to do this?

OK I found a module that may or may not work, but i need a bit of clarification on SQL commands. the modules says

** Step 2 **

Using PHPmyadmin, or however you like to do it, run this SQL command on your database:

ALTER TABLE products ADD products_ship_price DECIMAL(15,4) NOT NULL;

CREATE TABLE `indvshipzones` (

`price_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

`product_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`zone_code` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '0',

`price` decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',

PRIMARY KEY (`price_id`)

);

now my question...

I can get into the database for the store with no problem adn open up the MySQL tab...now I have an opne command/run field. Do I just cut'n'paste each of the two commands as exactly shown above? or is there something else I should do first??? (beside backing up everything)

any help (dang..even a reply) would be very much appreciated? also a link to a Begineers guide to SQL for future reference would be handy. thanks

What Im trying to do is set a price fro an item for shipping as the standar proce fro $7.95, if they decide to purchase more producst I want tonly charge them $3.95 for each additional item. Is this possible an how?

There are a few contribs that help you do this do this. I've never tried them so as always use them at your own risk. You might be able to start here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...&category=2