• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Deposit

LooInSpain

Hi,

I picked up osCommerce this afternoon, so I am very new to this software and therefore may be very ignorant, so please excuse me.

I would like to setup a website for Holidays in Spain. The idea of payment is complicated. The problem I have is that I would like people to pay a deposit of £100 to book the holiday, then pay the remaining balance six weeks before the holiday. That way I can plan each holiday well in advance.

Is there a way to do this? If so, is there a way I can automatically set it up so that they can pay the remaining balance of the price at their leisure, with an automated payment reminder email being sent to them 6 weeks before the holiday dates if they haven't paid the balance?

I understand that I can just set the price of each holiday to a deposit price, then create another entry nearer to the date, but is there a way to automate this process?

Another thing is a single room occupency. I have 4 rooms each sleeping 2 people, if a single person books, the price has to include a supplement and I need the "stock" of the places available to be reduced by 2, not just the one.

Another thing is this water into wine thing... I could go on!!!! :rolleyes:

Any help would be fantastic, thanks

Loo

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...